Login

The difference between NebulaMan and NRGUI?

Additional software tools

The difference between NebulaMan and NRGUI?

Postby Vando » Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:43 pm

Why don't we have just one thingy that combines those two? A NebulaMan where we can build chains just like in NRGUI.I like them both but I was just wondering why do we have to have two different programs.
Vando
User Level XI
User Level XI

Re: The difference between NebulaMan and NRGUI?

Postby zabukowski » Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:14 pm

Vando wrote:Why don't we have just one thingy that combines those two? A NebulaMan where we can build chains just like in NRGUI.I like them both but I was just wondering why do we have to have two different programs.

Ok, I was waiting for a question like this for some time :)

As you probably know, NebulaMan project has started as a tehnology preview - demonstration & test of my new win & osx developement platform combined with the latest fantastic Giancarlo's efforts, to make Nebula & Acqua available on win & osx, also.

Programming this new stuff was not easy, but rather enjoyable experience. I must say, I was carried away a bit :) Everything is new and so much more powerful - and this is just a beginning.

Now, let's clear things about NRGUI (PRO) and NebulaMan.

Final NebulaMan release will have the the complete power of NRGUI PRO (templates, program chains, complete folder rendering and other stuff) plus a power of NebulaMan new tehnologies & approaches (advanced background rendering, Nebula parameter access, realtime preview etc.)

But ....

I am afraid, Nebula Man PRO will NOT be freeware. This developement is taking so much of my time (I am not a pro software developer, but pro musician), that will bring me into trouble sooner or later ;) And of course, it wouldn't be fair to the paying NRGUI PRO customers, either. So NebulaMan will be a huge upgrade to existing NRGUI PRO users.

Of course, registered NRGUI PRO users will be offered an attractive upgrade price.

Note, that this all is not official - it still depends on many factors, but I would really like to go this way. I am very entusiastic and excited about it. I really hope Nebula community will continue to support my work !

You are welcome to discuss NebulaMan future in this thread.

Thanks!
Zabukowski
zabukowski
Expert
Expert

Re: The difference between NebulaMan and NRGUI?

Postby Vando » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:13 am

Yeah, Keep on the good work! Since I've been testing both of them and found out what great tools they are, I'm really looking forward to the "real thing", NebulaMan Pro.
Vando
User Level XI
User Level XI

Return to Tools