Login

Nat 3 reverb session

Serious issues

Nat 3 reverb session

Postby graphite412 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:24 pm

For some reason I have a problem when trying to use a reverb session. After it finishes running the test and deconvolving the impulse will not work correctly. I know that the sine waves are being sent to my box because I can plug in the phones and it sounds completely wet. I turned the reverb up to 100% and the direct signal to 0%. The problem that I get is that I have a completely dry program where the fx fader only increases the signal and there is no reverberation at all. Any suggestions?
graphite412
User Level 0
User Level 0

Re: Nat 3 reverb session

Postby analoginthebox.com » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:35 am

I'd guess it's a routing issue and you have a dry component in your signal-flow. Listen to the files you have recorded: Are they completely "wet" ?
analoginthebox.com
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby graphite412 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:35 am

they are wet. They have long gaps of time in them though between sweeps. I hear crackles on some of the sweeps at the high frequency range though. I'm not sure if I accidentally clipped the input or if it is a latency issue r crappy guitar effects. Maybe instead of trying a guitar hardware reverb I should use a different one. I'm just wanting to do this one as a test to figure out if I have latency issues as my hardware seems to jump around when I do test. I'm using an e-mu 1212M.
graphite412
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby graphite412 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:37 am

I need to figure this stuff out really soon too, at least if I'm going to sample some of my school's equipment. They have a groove tubes Vipre and a Great River preamp that are nice. They also have the S*L lunchbox as well but I believe that that has already been sampled somewhere. Is this correct?
graphite412
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby giancarlo » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:30 am

purpose of this test is to get a wet signal, when it fails the test failed!!!!! you should NEVER get a dry program. If it happens, it's not a bug. It means you are sampling the direct signal in some way. Sometimes it happens because in the audio driver someone configured the direct monitoring feature: for example input1 is monitored in outputs for some way. Sometimes you are routing it using an external mixer and so on. Good hunting!
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby giancarlo » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:33 am

other tip: use nebula reverb only for playing your program, before increase the tail size for FREQD in the MAST page. Listen carefully recorded wav files (you'll find it in the folder created by nat). A wet sinesweep is incredibly wet. Otherwise post it (zip it, it will be rather small).
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby graphite412 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:51 pm

Just wondering.... For the default session for the reverbs, if I have a 3 second reverb, do I load a 3 second session or should I use a 4 or 5 second session for the tail length?
graphite412
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby giancarlo » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:46 am

better 4-5, you could size the kernel length later. Does it work?
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Return to Bugs