Login

Converting libraries with NAT

Serious issues

Converting libraries with NAT

Postby Mercado_Negro » Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:12 pm

I just decided to convert all my libraries to my preferred sample rate using this method I found on old Forums (thanks to reort):

1) Launch the "crypt programs" form, clicking on "Programs" in the left tree menu
2) Browse your Nebula plugin instance. I suggest to browse the "reverb" DLL
3) Select the first program and the last program. The whole list of programs will be converted
4) Type the frequency rate in Hertz, for example 48000
5) Push tab key, so you'll be sure you are not editing the "frequency rate" field any more, loosing the mouse focus on it
6) Push "Ok" button
7) Wait

Most AlexB's PCS programs showed me a Fatal Error. What's the reason for this? Are the libraries now damaged?.
i7 3770k :: Asus P8H77-V LE :: 16Gb DDR3 @1600MHz :: Geforce GT 520 :: OCZ-Vertex 128Gb :: WD Black Series 1Tb and Green Series 1Tb :: F*******e Liquid56 :: REAPER 64bit and StudioOne 64bit (both latest versions) :: Win 10 64bit
Mercado_Negro
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Re: Converting libraries with NAT

Postby TranscendingMusic » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:38 am

If an error occurs it will usually damage the file so be sure to make a back up first.

G, correct me if I'm mistaken, errors will usually come about on commercial presets due to their heavy commercial encrypting in creating the preset itself. All in all, always make a back up of these files before doing anything to them.
mixing | mastering
Win 10 x64 | Sonar Platinum x64 | 3930K(OC)
TranscendingMusic
Expert
Expert

Postby Mercado_Negro » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:43 am

Thanks for your response. Yes, I made a back up before converting them :)

I ended up removing all converted libraries and moved the originals back to my Programs/Vectors folders because I expected an improvement in the loading times per program but it was worst in some cases.

Thanks anyways, I think this is the price we have to pay for quality :D
i7 3770k :: Asus P8H77-V LE :: 16Gb DDR3 @1600MHz :: Geforce GT 520 :: OCZ-Vertex 128Gb :: WD Black Series 1Tb and Green Series 1Tb :: F*******e Liquid56 :: REAPER 64bit and StudioOne 64bit (both latest versions) :: Win 10 64bit
Mercado_Negro
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby TranscendingMusic » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:57 am

Mercado_Negro wrote:Thanks for your response. Yes, I made a back up before converting them :)

I ended up removing all converted libraries and moved the originals back to my Programs/Vectors folders because I expected an improvement in the loading times per program but it was worst in some cases.

Thanks anyways, I think this is the price we have to pay for quality :D

Yes indeed. Of course now that we know Nebula exists, to relinquish quality for load times seems, backwards at best huh 8-) We could easily resort to other plug-ins but where does our "magic" go; our analog-of-analogs!
No worries though, in no time technology will exponentially catch up to support it. (It's already doing damn well)
mixing | mastering
Win 10 x64 | Sonar Platinum x64 | 3930K(OC)
TranscendingMusic
Expert
Expert

Return to Bugs