Login

getting started: sampling

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

getting started: sampling

Postby rana » Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:09 pm

ok: i have problems to found out how to make the sampling process. first: (I am testing with nat free)I do not find the page where I can make the imputs or bus adjustments for each knob (for example if I am modeling a guitar amp, i would like to know where is the bass frecuency adjustment in my equipment to tells Nat)
second: I can imagine but if would be good if someone helps me, that I move a knob in my equipment, then I take a sample, I move the same knob to cut or boost more, and then I take another sample, and this should be the steps according to to the set up page which I cannot find.
ok I am asking not for a quick start, but for a small better tutorial(step by step)to sampling gear.
apologise if I repeated the post, but nobody answer me.
thanks
rana
User Level 0
User Level 0

Re: getting started: sampling

Postby rana » Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:51 pm

my problem is with the procedure step by step, and how to make items in multi page or if i have to open a session before.
I want to take impulses from a fender guitar amp ec.
if this is not the correct place to post please tell me because I am new on this. thanks
rana
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby rana » Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:15 pm

hello hello
is there anybody here?
rana
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby enriquesilveti » Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:27 pm

NAT FREE does not include multi option. You can try to sample single mic position without any knob interpolation loading DISTORTED PRE (3 KERNELS) - SMOOTH1 - TEST.N2X NAT session into NAT free.

This tutorial can help you, NAT3 quick start: http://www.acusticaudio.net/modules.php ... t&lid=1192
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support.

MBP 11.5 (i7-4870 | 16 GB | 512 SDD)
SP4 (i5-6300 | 8 GB | 256 SDD)
UFX | Lyra2 | USBPre2
VM U15 | VM Win10 | VM OSX 10.12
N4/NAT4 | SPX3 | RX5 | LN2C | Smaart8 | R5 | PT12 | PX10 | NIK5
enriquesilveti
Expert
Expert

Postby rana » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:43 pm

thanks for answer. I though nobody was there. as I far understand, I can for example only make one impulse response for each setting in my amp equalizer, the only advantage with nat free is that I model with 3 kernels (because I am comparing to a convolution reverb like waves or altiverb).so I would have a file for each change in any knob of my amp ecualizer.
correct me please
on the other hand, if i have multi mode, I can make step by step measurements and in each step I would change the knobs of my amp ecualizer and make a deconvolution file? I now that I dont have nat but my question is the same, just because I want to know in order to buy it ok?
kind regards for answer
rana
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby enriquesilveti » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:39 pm

I can for example only make one impulse response for each setting in my amp equalizer

Yes, you can. NAT will give you 2 files N2P and N2V that are Nebula programs and vector files with crypted kernels, a kernel is a set of IRs.

the only advantage with nat free is that I model with 3 kernels (because I am comparing to a convolution reverb like waves or altiverb).

IRs can not model nonlineal distortion. Nebula does and unique vectorial engine setups all kernels in order to play it correctly in real time.

so I would have a file for each change in any knob of my amp ecualizer.

Yes, if you don't use multi mode.

if i have multi mode, I can make step by step measurements and in each step I would change the knobs of my amp ecualizer and make a deconvolution file?

Multi mode help you for sampling equalizer knobs by frequency steps interpolation, NAT FREE already implement level steps interpolation. All sampled steps will work in the same Nebula emulation preset.
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support.

MBP 11.5 (i7-4870 | 16 GB | 512 SDD)
SP4 (i5-6300 | 8 GB | 256 SDD)
UFX | Lyra2 | USBPre2
VM U15 | VM Win10 | VM OSX 10.12
N4/NAT4 | SPX3 | RX5 | LN2C | Smaart8 | R5 | PT12 | PX10 | NIK5
enriquesilveti
Expert
Expert

Return to Working with Nat