Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Re: General NAT Help needed

Postby Cupwise » Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:01 pm

Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Postby fredrikberg » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:21 pm

I´m also struggling with compressor sampling.
If I load one of the compressor session. For example Compressor (1 kernel)_Test and at ratio 1:1 set the compressor at unity gain and then at 1:30 lower treshold for gain reduction to happen. Then when program is made and I pass audio through it the gain reduction is 192 db. I have tried to sample from very high to almost none compressor activity on the "1:30 sample". No difference.
When I use a TEST program for Preamps it works just fine. What am I doing wrong.

I know that I have to be really careful with how many sample steps I have to do and balancing it with actual compression from my unit. But that it always stays at 192 db reduction seems a little strange.

Sorry for my bad english.
fredrikberg
User Level III
User Level III

Postby enriquesilveti » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:56 pm

sample it, this first time is just to check and see where you are at, you will have to do it again at least once. look at your wav, and if you still see significant compression between the 2nd to last and last sample (use wav editor and analyze the db levels for each sampled step), then you need to redo it with more dynamic steps.

This feature is only available in NAT platinum for 3rd developers.

PS: I forgot to ask: Where do I get those templates from?

Session and template are linked in NAT commercial versions, you can change of edit template, this is a extra feature for NAT platinum. When a 3rd developer request a new template we create it and support us.
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support.

MBP 11.5 (i7-4870 | 16 GB | 512 SDD)
SP4 (i5-6300 | 8 GB | 256 SDD)
RME UFX | PS Lyra2 | SD USBPre2
VM U15 | VM W10 | VM OSX 10.12
N4/NAT4 | SPX3 | RX5 | LN2C | Smaart8 | R5 | PT12 | PX10
enriquesilveti
Expert
Expert

Postby ngarjuna » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:46 pm

Maybe this has been addressed before but I don't recall seeing it: what exactly is entailed in being a "third party" and gaining access to the special version of NAT?
ngarjuna
Expert
Expert

Postby enriquesilveti » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:47 am

ngarjuna wrote:Maybe this has been addressed before but I don't recall seeing it: what exactly is entailed in being a "third party" and gaining access to the special version of NAT?

3rd Developers = companies or people that want to release libraries, can be commercial or free even for research purposes. They sign a contract with us, and we give NAT Platinum that is a beta version of NAT with some extra features. In addition we provide them 1 by 1 support and extra develop forum (AA beta forum)
Enrique Silveti.

enriquesilveti
Expert
Expert

Postby Cupwise » Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:20 pm

sampling compressors is limited to 3rd party developers?
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Postby enriquesilveti » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:10 am

Cupwise wrote:sampling compressors is limited to 3rd party developers?

No. Is a feature for NAT that is bundle with Nebula3 Server, see the chart in products. WAV/XML, crypt options, template edit are features of NAT platinum = NAT beta = NAT for 3rd developers.
Enrique Silveti.

enriquesilveti
Expert
Expert

Postby Cupwise » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:35 pm

oh. ok.
i think maybe you misunderstood my tip that i gave for compressors then. i think it should still work for non-developers.

i was just explaining that he needs to find out at what level the tone sweeps aren't getting compressed anymore, and then only sample that many dynamic steps.

that would only involve editing the session, not template. non-developers can edit # of dynamic steps in session, right?

i think i just explained it in a confusing way.
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Before I dig in, Can Nebula Process Live Audio?

Postby EverStaR » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:46 pm

I want to process input from a Mic into the Mic port on a sounblaster card, apply limiting, Reverb, Compression, ect and send it back out in real time to the headphone or line out jack on the same sound card.

I am new to all this so forgive the naïve question, I just want to know if Nebula can do this or not, and if not ten what would folks recommend? I am looking for a low cost solution. I have seen UAD, TC Electronic have old products that appear to do this.

Help, Thoughts?

My application is a strange one, I use a Behringer Mic Amp, EQ, FX and Mixer to perform this function today going into a transceiver and I would like to do this type of DSP processing on my computer instead.

The computers I have for this are very capable Windows Server level boxes, so horse power is not an issue for me.

Thanks!
Mark
EverStaR
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby botus99 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:47 am

Whoa buddy, did you mean to open your own thread on this? I had to re-read your post before I understood that it had nothing to do with the original topic :lol:
Win10 Pro 64 / i7 6700K / 16gb RAM / Reaper | Allen&Heath ZED-R16 / Echo AudiofirePre8
Nebula Ultimate - Ochre, Red, Charly, Tan, Orange, Blue, Navy, Purple, Amethyst, Lime, Sand, Pink, 2412, 7236, Titanium, Aquamarine, Coral
botus99
Expert
Expert

Previous

Return to Working with Nat