Login

Issues with the new N.A.T 1.3.504

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Re: Issues with the new N.A.T 1.3.504

Postby elam » Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:41 pm

Thanks G.I know that and I did/do use dictionary.I don't think that the problem is here.Did you try to reproduce the bug ?

EDIT : by the way I can have categories with 4 characters.No problem.
elam
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby sneaky » Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:35 am

Yeah I couldnt add libraries to a category called CON:Image

Set up a seperate installation of 1.3.492 and its problem solved:Image

Nat 1.3.504B is broken
sneaky

Postby enriquesilveti » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:37 pm

Thank you to report.
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support.

MBP 11.5 (i7-4870 | 16 GB | 512 SDD)
SP4 (i5-6300 | 8 GB | 256 SDD)
UFX | Lyra2 | USBPre2
VM U15 | VM Win10 | VM OSX 10.12
N4/NAT4 | SPX3 | RX5 | LN2C | Smaart8 | R5 | PT12 | PX10 | NIK5
enriquesilveti
Expert
Expert

Postby Cupwise » Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:19 pm

elam- yes there are small quirks like this which- just imagine if you are developing a whole set and trying to customize all this stuff how much more tricky it is to get it right :)
a lot of trial and error.

as far as the categories thing, i've never had issues with category re-naming just flat out not working, but G has told me that i should only use 3 letters. as you may know, a lot of my older releases used (and some still do) more than 3. i've been going back and updating most of my stuff with that being one thing i'm doing, going down to 3 or less letters. also you should make sure that they are uppercase. sure lowercase and over 3 characters can work, but g says it's unsupported, so maybe it could end up causing problems somewhere else. i just play it safe.

on the other hand i really think a 3 character limit here is pretty constricting. like with my stuff i have big sets, and i NEED to keep 96khz set separate from 44k. i spent time thinking on how to do this, they obviously need different named categories. so i just use a * to denote 44khz. now i'm down to 2 characters to describe something like 'Tube FM 2'.

it seems kind of antiquated. the dictionary is great and all, but that file is to be shared amongst everyone. it can be updated by acustica and/or end users. i see that leading to conflicts. when developers are limited to 3 characters, there are only going to be so many combinations... they are going to run out.

also i don't have any way to alter the 'official' dictionary to add in there that now i want 't2' to be 'tube fm 2' and 't2*' to be 'tube fm 2 44khz'.

but this is all besides elam's actual problem, i guess i just took an opportunity to point out something i see as a small issue.
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Postby elam » Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:37 pm

enriquesilveti wrote:i see as a small issue.

Mine is.

Yours can become problematic if not anticipated by AA ... 3rd party devs. seems to be a growing community.It's like when countries have to switch to "more figures in their telephone numbers because they have to fit more and more users".

As far as my problem it's minor.So I don't put useless pressure on Giancarlo.(I recently read the thread on GS and it was good to see him come back to the fundamentals and ... the Nebula manifest).

Speaking of that : G.you got balls my man.You said what you think and fight for it.Few software devs. dare to do that.Respect signore.

I'm just surprise that a lot of people read this thread and not a lot of them report a similar issues out of Sneaky ...??

Here is a workaround for those who need it (PC only) :

On my system NAT 1.3.492 to 1.3.499x is working (as I want/need).So I made copy of the "nat" folder (in the Neb.repository)
I installed the new 1.3.504 (and the NAT equivalent) version of Nebula to be able to use the internal HPF and the Gdrive.
When I need to rename/re-categorize anything I switch my working NAT folder with the last one.Do my thing.And reverse it when I'm done.

But watch out it's "UNSUPPORTED by elam and Acustica Audio" ;)
elam
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby mathias » Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:02 pm

i am back on nat 1.3.492 too.

the newest nat crashes all the time, i try to use it.
system: win xp sp3 on bootcamp, dualcore macbook pro.

when i try to move the main window, nat crashes repeatable. sometimes it crashes just a few seconds after opening, without any interaction from my side.

well, the older one is working stable and solid, so i stay with it until the next release.

mathias
system 1: windows 8 32 bit - samplitude prox, tracktion6, reaper
system 2: mac osx yosemite - reaper(32+64bit), tracktion6(32+64bit)

both systems on: macbook pro (late 2009), core 2 duo 3,06 ghz, 4 gb ram, graphic: nvidia geforce 9600M GT 512 MB
mathias
Expert
Expert

Postby RJHollins » Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:45 am

mathias wrote:when i try to move the main window, nat crashes repeatable. sometimes it crashes just a few seconds after opening, without any interaction from my side.
mathias

Exactly the same issue for me, running on WinXP Pro - 32bit.

However, if I FIRST load in a NEB instance BEFORE moving the main NAT screen, that does seem to work better.

I am also STILL having an issue in the latest NEBULA [server] in that the 'text' values get scrambled up ! I have to look at the values in the 'Main' NEB window in order to see what I really have :roll:
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby Cupwise » Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:12 pm

i was and still do get nat crashing a lot upon moving or resizing any window after opening nat. a little error message window pops up, i forget what it says. you click ok and nat goes away.

don't click ok. just drag that window/box that pops up (with the error message) out of the way. you can still use nat, as much as you want after this.
at least, i can on my system (winxp sp2).
yes its annoying, but it works at least!
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Postby Cupwise » Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:15 pm

RJHollins wrote:
mathias wrote:
However, if I FIRST load in a NEB instance BEFORE moving the main NAT screen, that does seem to work better.

yeah, the problem has something to do with Neb. i found out that if i went to where you tell NAT where your Neb instance is in the setup/settings, and lie to it, get it to not have access to Neb, the problem seems to go away. but then you lose some abilities (but i don't think any of them are important, can't remember).
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Postby enriquesilveti » Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:20 pm

Category rename is an official and supported NAT feature. Your issue will be fixed ASAP.

Patch feature is unofficial and unsupported NAT feature for customers is only supported for 3rd developers in NAT platinum. We have enabled this feature in NAT3 due some developers will take some time in update theirs libraries with the new Nebula, GDRIVE and internal side chain features.
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support.

MBP 11.5 (i7-4870 | 16 GB | 512 SDD)
SP4 (i5-6300 | 8 GB | 256 SDD)
UFX | Lyra2 | USBPre2
VM U15 | VM Win10 | VM OSX 10.12
N4/NAT4 | SPX3 | RX5 | LN2C | Smaart8 | R5 | PT12 | PX10 | NIK5
enriquesilveti
Expert
Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Working with Nat