I got issues with renaming with the last version of NAT and it's new functionalities.
Some of them show the right name in NAT but are misnamed in the plugin itself.Weird... I let go because of the lack of troubleshooting time...
But yesterday I bought a CDSM EQ and the same thing happened (plus some missing presets when I opened the plugin who were visible in NAT).Not sure here if it was due to a bad download,I'll re-download it later and check.
Anyway Here's what i do generally : 1- I load the new library in NAT/rename my presets 2- Edit the 'dictionary' as needed 3- Use Zabukovski Nebula Setups to add the new presets to my different Nebula .dll
The only thing I did so far was to re-authorized Nebula.Nothing...
enriquesilveti wrote:Last version of NAT has a feature that you can rename the emulation preset name that is show in Nebula browser or the OS file name.
Thanks Enrique. Yeah I was aware of that. I try both "in Nebula browser" and the "OS file name". I try to export the .cvs file too,to rename it in excel and bring in back in NAT,same...
Another weird thing is that when I try to rename the last library I bought from CDSM it created a big mess.When I reopen the plugin some of the preset was missing and other when loaded shows the infamous "empty INIT".Before I try to rename it, everything was working smoothly.I even download the library twice to be sure.
I can't afford to do some long troubleshooting now.So I just revert to 1.3.499g the last version who was REALLY working for me and everything is back to normal.My Neb.browser shows the right preset names.
hmm.. i uhh can't quite say i understand what your issue is, but it's kind of late and ya know i don't think my brain is at full capacity.
one suggestion i'd have is to delete the xmls in the 'temp' folder in nebulatemprepository. i don't know if you already know about that, and if that's what you meant when you mentioned the 'dictionary'. also, i don't know if doing it would help because i don't know if name changes won't show up due to old stuff being in temp folder, but it might be worth a try.... but yeah it's a good idea to delete the stuff in there if you are making changes to programs and the changes aren't showing up correct, then re-load neb. the 'init' comment really makes me thing this MIGHT be the problem here though. if you don't already know, the stuff in 'temp' is safe to delete, neb re-generates it next time you load.
also, are you just renaming the program names, or the n2p file names?
1. Delete your .xml files in Nebula temp folder 2. Delete ~scanboot.xml file 3. Check your Dictionaries > Rom.xml file.
Due we don't have all libraries released from all developers, if you still have issues with NAT rename feature, send an email to CDSM with the list of the problematic emulation preset. They will check and if they find bugs CDSM will report us.
NAT rename feature will rename only N2P file, not the N2V file is like use save as inside Nebula.
Enrique Silveti. Acustica Audio customer and technical support.
Tim,the first thing I did is what you've suggested.Read my first post.
Enrique,I also try the 3 points you've suggested but it didn't work.
I'd also uninstall/reinstall Nebula 1.3.492.Reauthorized.Everything was back to normal with this version.Fluid.I then upgrade to 1.3.504 and the problem came back.
I troubleshoot for 2 hours (I had to deal with Reaper VST cache B.S with all those install/uninstalls). I think I've narrowed it down.
NAT 1.3.504B CATEGORY RENAMING seems to be faulty here (not preset renaming)
I try to reproduce this issue with 4 libraries from 4 different 3rd party devs.I've got the same bug every time (w/ slight difference read below).
In NAT 1.3.504B. - I rename/erase a category or subcategory. - I load Nebula and this preset is miss-categorized. - Then I reopen the same preset in NAT.It has changed its name and the modifications I've made are changed also.NAT goes freestyle.Basicaly NAT rename it with its own "logic" (it seems that it like 3 letters category) and I can't change it to what I want nor come back to my initial name. Sometimes an "temp folder/scan boot" delete works to get back to normal but most of the time no.
If you're not able to reproduce the bug the first time try a couple of times.
So I don't know if I'm bugging or if there is really a bug here (easy... ).
I attached a couple of pics to illustrate.Read the pics's name to get what is what.
On a side note : This last version don't crash Reaper here...
NEB before.jpg (17.88 KiB) Viewed 2187 times
NAT before.jpg (10.74 KiB) Viewed 2187 times
What I've done = Erase the category.jpg (10.01 KiB) Viewed 2187 times
Last edited by elam on Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:16 am, edited 1 time in total.