Soundcard recommendations?

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Re: Soundcard recommendations?

Postby beingmf3 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:12 am

Yep, that's the one I have. Amazing!
beingmf3

Postby JEL » Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:33 pm

beingmf3 wrote:Do yourself the favour and have a look at the Seraph PCI cards by Marian. Pretty much incredibly good quality, I think. 32bit DA btw.! I almost can't imagine any interface being more "invisible" in a good sense.
The software router is amazing, too.

All are PCI only? I looked and couldn't find any USB versions.
I don't really have much space for a PCI card, so a USB solution is much preferred.

The AD2 is less than half the price of the Lyra though, which is certainly a factor when we are in this price-range.

I assume you mean invisible in the sense that it doesn't color the audio. Obviously that's very important when trying to obtain a neutral 'image' of a piece of hardware :)
I haven't yet tried to sample the audio-card I use at the moment, to see just how much color it contributes overall, but it is on my to-do list :)
It would actually be nice if we had an option in NAT to subtract such an image (perhaps like the reverse overlay method, known from some noise-reduction systems), so we could reduce the 'noise' that comes from the audio-card itself.
JEL
User Level I
User Level I

Postby beingmf3 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:53 pm

Mh, no USB versions. These are mostly broadcasting interfaces (or at least for recording studios of broadcasting companies) AFAIK.
@"invisible": you assumed correctly :)
beingmf3

Previous

Return to Working with Nat