Login

NAT Sampling Reverb Question

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

NAT Sampling Reverb Question

Postby krikun » Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:46 am

I followed the article from cupwises' in the SOS magazine, trying to sample an emt plate, but the reverb tail stops or fades out too quickly. If I use the clean templates it workes fine, but I need the mojo, so I am using the dist 0.5 Session & template. What is the difference between dist and clean anyway? (I am sampling offline) What values should I enter into the kernel H1-3 fields?
Could someone please give me some advice?

Thanks guys

Kris

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/jun14/a ... mpling.htm
Attachments
Bildschirmfoto 2015-01-15 um 03.39.43.png
Bildschirmfoto 2015-01-15 um 03.40.04.png
Last edited by krikun on Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
krikun
User Level 0
User Level 0

Re: NAT Sampling Reverb Question

Postby Support » Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:18 pm

Expert, Kernels, FFT, H1-2-3: 5000.

5000 means 5,0 seconds for your reverb tail.

Remember non lineal distortion is an electronic behavior from an amplifier.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support
http://www.acustica-audio.com
Support
Expert
Expert

Postby krikun » Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:09 pm

All right, thank you. Any idea, why the tail would cut out with the cup wise template. Also if I use the clean template, does this mean that I can only sample with one kernel?
krikun
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby Support » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:42 pm

krikun wrote:All right, thank you. Any idea, why the tail would cut out with the cup wise template. Also if I use the clean template, does this mean that I can only sample with one kernel?

5000 means 5,0 seconds for your reverb tail.
Also check your playback engine settings, in this case is Nebula, MAST page settings.

NAT session are liked to a non editable XML templates, you can try to sample a distorted reverb with a clean revebr template with almost 100% of unsuccessful results, using an incorrect template is the first step to fail in NAT sampling.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Support
Expert
Expert

Postby krikun » Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:05 am

Thanks for your reply, so if want to sample a reverb with diet like a plate, I can use the 0.5s diet template and just change the space and kernel times right?
Thank you for being so helpful, I really appreciate it! I am also getting ready to sample some big stairways, elevators... :o

Kris
krikun
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby Support » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:33 pm

krikun wrote:Thanks for your reply, so if want to sample a reverb with diet like a plate, I can use the 0.5s diet template and just change the space and kernel times right?
Thank you for being so helpful, I really appreciate it! I am also getting ready to sample some big stairways, elevators... :o

Kris

Yes change the value (be smart note, this values should be around x1.5 to x2.0 of your reverb tail), you can also deconvolve again with other values in other to find a good combination of tail and kernel length due longer kernels means more CPU usage.

As always, use a small test sessions to find the correct values for good sound emulation preste plus a good CPU consumption. Then increase the sampling steps, VTT length, etc. If not you will loose a lot of time.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Support
Expert
Expert

Return to Working with Nat