Login

Couple of questions on NAT

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Re: Couple of questions on NAT

Postby markrandallpixley » Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:08 pm

Thanks for the reply, did not mean to sound disrespectful, perhaps some of this should be posted in the NAT forum as "we do not support this feature except in a general way". For the record I did follow all of the SOS instructions from both months and have sampled several pieces of gear prior to the LA3A, including our REDD 47 units, several Drawmer Pre-Amps a Mozart Console, Avalons, and Sony EQ's. We actually have a real spring plate reverb made in Studio B that takes up half a wall, but we felt if this program cannot emulate a compressor it would not do well with real springs.

And for the record we are not novices in computer language either, I get the problem of recording in both the frequency domain and the time domain and how the brute force Volterra kernel is doing this, a simple template or a basic understanding of the nomenclature used in the templates would have been sufficient for us.

And last I did email support asking about getting the better version of NAT to do this, but no one has replied.

For the record, I am very deeply connected with many of the audio forums, gearsluts, ProSound Web and others and have been for years, Nebulas reputation there is spotty at best, I assume a lot of it is due to the language and cultural barriers so I take all of this with a grain of salt, there is a lot of potential for this program but again no engineer wants to have to sit and tweak his program for each instance of use and if your plan is simply to release stand alone plugs one at a time, there are a ton of programs already doing it.

Thanks for the reply.
markrandallpixley
User Level I
User Level I

Postby Support » Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:36 pm

And last I did email support asking about getting the better version of NAT to do this, but no one has replied.

We replay all emails, all tickets, all PM, all forum questions. We only can track support tickets generated in the Dashboard.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support
http://www.acustica-audio.com
Support
Expert
Expert

Postby giancarlo » Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:46 am

if you need to get in touch with the company use the standard ticketing system, because we are many developers now and emails are getting lost easily (and many of them are even filtered)

About 'better versions of nat', they are not on sale.
Those tools are aimed to 3rd party developers, and we bocked the action of promoting new ones waiting for a standard contract from our lawyer, which I hope will be ready before january.

For the sake of the knowledge, the waiting is very common at many levels, for example we waited 1 year before avid replied to us for entering the 3rd party developer program, which I think is fair. It is how things work when a tool is not aimed to companies and not simply to end users.
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby giancarlo » Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:11 pm

there is a free course on nat, here in italy, we announced it yeasterday
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Previous

Return to Working with Nat