Login

Community Sample Releases Help

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Community Sample Releases Help

Postby deehope » Mon May 19, 2014 8:25 am

I'm not sure where to post this. I have a few pieces of hardware that I'd love to sample but NAT has been giving me headaches. I'm wondering if anyone would be able to suggest the best approach to sampling this stuff. I'll make it available for everyone when finished. The Items are Kush Electra, Classic Audio Illinois VC528 and VP28. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
deehope
User Level X
User Level X

Re: Community Sample Releases Help

Postby Melon_Jack » Mon May 19, 2014 8:46 am

Kush Electra would be nice) I think, you should cooperate with someone like Alex or Tim and make a commercial library from that =)
Sorry for my bad english =))
Melon_Jack

Postby deehope » Mon May 19, 2014 8:56 am

Melon_Jack wrote:Kush Electra would be nice) I think, you should cooperate with someone like Alex or Tim and make a commercial library from that =)
I'm down for anything but I doubt they'd want to be spoon feeding a newbie lol
deehope
User Level X
User Level X

Postby jorismak » Mon May 19, 2014 10:48 am

don't know the hardware you talked about, but I've toyed a bit with NAT. I can at least try to help you goin.

You say NAT has giving you headaches, can you describe what's happening or how you are doing it? Maybe makes it easier to pinpoint something going wrong.

The Kush Electra is an EQ what I see from it. Does it just have 4 knobs? So predefined frequency-ranges and a single knob that controls gain+Q at the same time? Or is there some hidden push-pull functionality :).Should be straight forward to capture that I think.

Noob question from my side: 'Audio Products of Illinios', is that what A*I stands for? Never knew :) (only got into music-hobbying around one or two years ago so it's funny to finally see a real name of something you only know the letters of :P).

Anyway, correct me where wrong: The VP28 is a line/mic preamp with selectable high-pass filter that can be off, 40, 80, 160 and both with 6db/oct slope and 12db/oct slope. What does the 'fader' knob do? Output gain?

The VC528 is a bit more a mystery to me. Is it only a lowpass/highpass filter? Once again, what does the big fader button do (and the little one next to it :)). The highpass and lowpass filters with selectable slope and predefined points I understand.

That being said, it helps if you gave some basics. What does your chain look like which you're going to use for sampling. What kind of interface, separate converters, etc.. What kind of DAW do you have. All bits help, and if it is something I have experience with (or at least can glance at the manual) I can give better pointers what to do :).
jorismak

Postby giancarlo » Mon May 19, 2014 11:12 am

we used nat extensively lately and it is working very well.
We are even doing courses here in italy.
Contact me directly
giancarlodelsordo@gmail.com
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby enriquesilveti » Mon May 19, 2014 12:32 pm

Start with simple things. Preamps and reverbs, them EQs and then compressors.
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support.

MBP 11.5 (i7-4870 | 16 GB | 512 SDD)
SP4 (i5-6300 | 8 GB | 256 SDD)
RME UFX | PS Lyra2 | SD USBPre2
VM U15 | VM W10 | VM OSX 10.12
N4/NAT4 | SPX3 | RX5 | LN2C | Smaart8 | R5 | PT12 | PX10
enriquesilveti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby deehope » Mon May 19, 2014 1:23 pm

I started with the offline software reverb as suggested and it seemed to work fine. I don't have a hardware reverb so I jumped to the preamp sampling. The first issue I'm having is it is creating the programs/vectors but I can't use them because they wont show up in nebula. I see them in the nebula depository but I cant select them in the nebula program.

Im doing it exactly as laid out in the getting started pdf. Do you recommend asio or offline for the hardware im sampling?
deehope
User Level X
User Level X

Postby enriquesilveti » Mon May 19, 2014 2:03 pm

deehope wrote:I started with the offline software reverb as suggested and it seemed to work fine. I don't have a hardware reverb so I jumped to the preamp sampling. The first issue I'm having is it is creating the programs/vectors but I can't use them because they wont show up in nebula. I see them in the nebula depository but I cant select them in the nebula program.

Im doing it exactly as laid out in the getting started pdf. Do you recommend asio or offline for the hardware im sampling?

Report complete version of everything. NAT <-> Nebula should have same version or Nebula should be a superior version.
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support.

MBP 11.5 (i7-4870 | 16 GB | 512 SDD)
SP4 (i5-6300 | 8 GB | 256 SDD)
RME UFX | PS Lyra2 | SD USBPre2
VM U15 | VM W10 | VM OSX 10.12
N4/NAT4 | SPX3 | RX5 | LN2C | Smaart8 | R5 | PT12 | PX10
enriquesilveti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby deehope » Mon May 19, 2014 2:16 pm

enriquesilveti wrote:
deehope wrote:I started with the offline software reverb as suggested and it seemed to work fine. I don't have a hardware reverb so I jumped to the preamp sampling. The first issue I'm having is it is creating the programs/vectors but I can't use them because they wont show up in nebula. I see them in the nebula depository but I cant select them in the nebula program.

Report complete version of everything. NAT <-> Nebula should have same version or Nebula should be a superior version.

That may be it. Im using the newest NAT and the mid april nebula. I'll try updating nebula and see what happens. Thanks
deehope
User Level X
User Level X

Postby deehope » Mon May 19, 2014 3:07 pm

That didn't work. It's still not showing up in nebula. Nebula Version 1.3.712 and Nat version 1.3712B
deehope
User Level X
User Level X

Next

Return to Working with Nat