Login

NAT on Mac how?

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Re: NAT on Mac how?

Postby jurij » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:57 am

Bootcamp with windows 7 installed, and rme driver installed, Im installing cubase 7 and I will start learning…. I would like to profile all my guitar tools and studio hardware… someone here already did? Any suggestion how to start?
jurij
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby mathias » Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:22 pm

i'd suggest to start with preamps and experiment with different presets, naming, dynamic ranges etc.

it is good to get to know the quirks of the program, before you start big sessions.
start with fast samplings, so you don't get too frustrated, when things don't work out as expected ;)

then go on with some reverbs maybe ...

have fun :D

mathias
system 1: windows 8 32 bit - samplitude prox, tracktion6, reaper
system 2: mac osx yosemite - reaper(32+64bit), tracktion6(32+64bit)

both systems on: macbook pro (late 2009), core 2 duo 3,06 ghz, 4 gb ram, graphic: nvidia geforce 9600M GT 512 MB
mathias
Expert
Expert

Postby Support » Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:20 pm

jurij wrote:Bootcamp with windows 7 installed, and rme driver installed, Im installing cubase 7 and I will start learning…. I would like to profile all my guitar tools and studio hardware… someone here already did? Any suggestion how to start?

Read: viewforum.php?f=40.

Try first easy simple stuff.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support
http://www.acustica-audio.com
Support
Expert
Expert

Postby RE301 » Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:23 am

Hello - I am curious if there is a version of NAT that will run on MAC, or will I need to use something like Bootcamp w Windows in order to run NAT?

I am interested to 'Nebula-ize' some pieces of hardware that I really like from my studio collection, thank you!

Edit later on: It appears indeed that NAT is still Windows only, which leads to me wonder:

- Will NAT be ported to OSX at some stage?

- Has anyone had success running Windows & NAT from a separate external drive? (Edit: it seems that running windows from an external drive is not possible with OSX, Bootcamp wants the Windows partition on the OSX Startup disc.....maybe an external drive with OSX and Windows? will work? :-) )

- Is it possible to run NAT on another computer than Nebula is running on, or does NAT need to see the Nebula keyfile/license?
RE301

Postby giancarlo » Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:44 am

sorry not, you need windows for running it
You can try the offline mode, but you need still a windows pc for the deconvolution
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby Support » Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:48 am

Hello - I am curious if there is a version of NAT that will run on MAC, or will I need to use something like Bootcamp w Windows in order to run NAT?

NAT is Windows 32 bits only.

- Will NAT be ported to OSX at some stage?

Not decided yet.

- Has anyone had success running Windows & NAT from a separate external drive? (Edit: it seems that running windows from an external drive is not possible with OSX, Bootcamp wants the Windows partition on the OSX Startup disc.....maybe an external drive with OSX and Windows? will work? :-) )

Never tested.

- Is it possible to run NAT on another computer than Nebula is running on, or does NAT need to see the Nebula keyfile/license?

RE: You can sample in offline mode. NAT not need you personal key for run, but be careful, you not have the right to distribute our products.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Support
Expert
Expert

Postby RE301 » Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:18 am

Thank you for the fast replies & information!

That's good news NAT can be used in standalone mode. :-)

I was thinking that perhaps a possible way for MAC users to run NAT from an external disk would be to use a program like CopyCatX (from subrosa)to make a bootable clone of the OSX system HD on an external drive, then use Bootcamp to set up & install a Windows partition, and run NAT.. for various reasons I don't want to have Windows on my main system (at least not yet) ...

It goes without saying NAT would stay with me, that is to say only be used for my own activities and not 'shared'.

Thank you for making this amazing technology available!

(I am interested to use NAT to 'capture' the essence of some of my hardware studio pieces which I really like, in order to be able to take with me 'digitally' to be used in other locations...)
RE301

Postby enriquesilveti » Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:23 am

Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support.

MBP 11.5 (i7-4870 | 16 GB | 512 SDD)
SP4 (i5-6300 | 8 GB | 256 SDD)
UFX | Lyra2 | USBPre2
VM U15 | VM Win10 | VM OSX 10.12
N4/NAT4 | SPX3 | RX5 | LN2C | Smaart8 | R5 | PT12 | PX10 | NIK5
enriquesilveti
Expert
Expert

Postby RE301 » Sat May 09, 2015 9:19 pm

An update:

Thanks for the above link & feedback everyone!

I actually got so far with this as to find a 2cnd hand Windows laptop for sale in order to use NAT, but it turns out my audio interface (Metric Halo 2882) does not have Windows drivers like I thought - MAC only! So looks like I will need another interface if I want to delve into NAT ..
RE301

Postby Support » Sun May 10, 2015 12:49 pm

RE301 wrote:An update:

Thanks for the above link & feedback everyone!

I actually got so far with this as to find a 2cnd hand Windows laptop for sale in order to use NAT, but it turns out my audio interface (Metric Halo 2882) does not have Windows drivers like I thought - MAC only! So looks like I will need another interface if I want to delve into NAT ..

We use prims sound.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Support
Expert
Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Working with Nat