Login

offline multi not working

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Re: offline multi not working

Postby giancarlo » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:36 pm

nat was repaired several weeks or months ago. Current version should be 1.3.681 if I'm not wrong
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby giancarlo » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:40 pm

nat is complete. It is more or less the same tool used by 3rd party devs. They access a couple of additional features which solves a lot of limitations, but I'm afraid they are added to a product which is not for sale. The good thing, a lot of 3rd party developers were not aware about that. Most of current library was created by the same nat you are using, and loading standard v10 sessions.
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby giancarlo » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:47 pm

if you consider to sample for your personal purposes only, ths is the actual solution. If you are going to create commercial libraries just contact us, we'll be helpful after having accepted you to the 3rd party program. The real truth, nat requires a lot of skills, time and support. It is not something we could solve just adding documentation, it is a long task. Unless you are doing simple things, like the ones you are supposed to do. We can be invest our time only if we are sure to invest in a good way for the whole community. For a personal use nat3 is good enough. For a rocket usage you need obviously our experience and time and support
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby kels » Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:18 am

thx for your detailed answer.
I'll definitely consider going for this 3rd party program.
kels
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby giancarlo » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:17 am

perfect!
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby jorismak » Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:37 am

I made a post here yesterday that is now simply vanished? It was a reply on kels and now it's nowhere to be seen....

I'll try to write it again.

Thing is, I understand the idea of "we can't help you get perfect results with NAT". That takes time and skill, and if you would do that for every customer you don't have any time left. So I understand that, and no problem. I bought the tool, skills with the tool are my problem, not yours :). That the software is a little rough around the edges is also no problem.

But certain features are just simply not there that are apparently in a different version which is frustrating. I managed to sample something (guitar cab) that sounds _awesome_ using the 'Distorted Pre (7 kernels) - stone3' session. Very happy with the results. Now I want that same session but with a switch / slider so I can capture multiple mic positions and blend/interpolate between them. Now suddenly that is not possible? But it IS possible for a 3rd party dev? Do you see how frustrating that can be?

It would be better if NAT was never specified in the marketing and product description. If you were only buying Nebula - a tool to reproduce sampled analog gear - it was no biggie. If NAT was in there 'as a bonus' and 'as is, no support' it would be no problem.
But NAT is clearly specified as an extra in the Nebula3 Pro package, and the version in Nebula Pro has more possibilities than the one in Free for example, so you market it as a tool to sell. You can't just remove it then later.

Once again, I don't 'demand' help with the tool (not at all). I want it to be fully there. You describe NAT3 as sampling multiple kernels and the THD. And the version in Pro has as extra feature over the version in Free that you can add knobs/sliders to the programs (the multi page in NAT3). But now I find out that the only programs I can make with NAT are either clean-with-knobs (3 kernels or less) or more kernels but then without knobs.... only because the session file is not there?! It just feels like you're holding out.

I'm very happy with NAT how it is and I don't want to see it go (well, if there are no bugs that make it stop working)... I just want all the sessions to be available.

giancarlo wrote:nat was repaired several weeks or months ago. Current version should be 1.3.681 if I'm not wrong

Just for your information (and as said in this thread, and in my support ticket) 1.3.681 NAT3 refuses to deconvolve anything (offline). Downgrading to 1.3.636 makes it work.

So NAT was broken before (it would not start up), it got fixed, now it's broken again (it won't deconvolve offline).
jorismak

Postby giancarlo » Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:52 pm

as you said, you got good results using a session. Simply you can't get the slider thing. Each tool in the market is somewhat limited. The fact that someone else is reaching better results using a tool which is not in the marketplace is not relevant.
Yes it is possible latest nat introduces bugs. For this reason we have more releases online.
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby giancarlo » Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:23 pm

btw I confirm the bug, we are working on it
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby giancarlo » Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:48 pm

ok, it was solved, but let me verify it better. We'll release it in nebula 1.3.7 (which introduces a lot of hidden features and optimizations).
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby jorismak » Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:56 pm

Like I said, it was just a 'for your information' at the end of the post. In the support-ticket (I think it's Enrique answering?) I already received '1.3.681 seems to not work, use 1.3.636 for now, nothing new was added so you're not missing out, we will release 1.3.700 soon'.

So I wasn't complaining.. just when I saw you reply 'NAT3 is fixed and working now' I started doubting if you knew about the issues in 1.3.681.
jorismak

PreviousNext

Return to Working with Nat