Login

Best template for me?

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Best template for me?

Postby dreamix » Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:03 pm

Hi!

I think Im getting hold of this soon :)
Simple question though
Want to sampler an mono EQ at 96khz best possible way (ofcourse)
So I Choose Mono in the expert page and 96khz, and make sure it generates a 96khz test tone...
Since I just want to copy 1 setting to put on my tracks, not less or more, I thought I should go with a template named SWITCH1VAR no? And what about 1 KERNELS, 3 KERNELS, what are this?

Thanks in advance/ Mattias
dreamix
User Level 0
User Level 0

Re: Best template for me?

Postby Cupwise » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:17 am

what do you mean you just want to copy 1 setting? do you mean 1 control that will be adjustable in the final program?

or do you mean that you want to sample the eq with all the controls in a fixed position, just to get that one setting for you to use? if you want to do this, i would recommend not using an EQ template at all, because they are un-dynamic. they trade dynamics for the ability to make a program where you can adjust controls, because having both drastically increases the needed sample count.

so if all you want to do is copy the EQ in a fixed setting, i would recommend to use one of the dynamic preamp sessions/templates instead. that way you get sampled dynamics in there which would give you a fuller representation of the thing.
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Postby dreamix » Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:04 pm

Thanks for answering, really appreciate it!

Yes I want to copy a fixed setting from a tube EQ, I dont want/need to change anything, sorry If it was confusing.

Would the Dynamic preamp session/template also work in a channelstrip (Btw, do you mean the CLEAN PRE in preamps folder or DISTORTED?), like with eq and dynamics on but with fixed settings aswell?

Thanks for the help / Mattias
dreamix
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby dreamix » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:35 pm

I tried CLEAN PRE, but it adds some low frequency sub thing which the EQ template didnt, maybe I did something wrong here but I dont think so if there isnt further tweakings to do? It also took almost an hour to sample :)
dreamix
User Level 0
User Level 0

Return to Working with Nat