Login

No instructions.txt generated!

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

No instructions.txt generated!

Postby psound » Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:24 am

Just starting out with N.A.T sampling since installing bootcamp.

When I generate a test tone there is no instructions.txt file. How can I fix/troubleshoot this?

Scoured all FAQs, NAT tips, QuickStart pdf and forums already.

Using Windows 7, NAT 3, NAT sessions v10

*EDIT* Apparently, instructions.txt is only generated in more complex sessions.
Last edited by psound on Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
psound
User Level II
User Level II

Re: No instructions.txt generated!

Postby psound » Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:38 pm

Ugh, this is driving me insane.

Can someone please even confirm that an instructions text file is supposed to be created after pressing Generate???

I'm starting with the learning path suggested; a simple offline reverb.

I've generated test tones, rendered them 100% wet but I have no idea what I'm supposed to name them or where to put them before the deconvolve process.

Everything I've attempted so far hasn't worked. I've read everything there is available on NAT and it isn't properly documented anywhere!
psound
User Level II
User Level II

Postby psound » Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:50 pm

Finally, I've actually made a program that works!!!! Very impressed by how it sounds; pretty much indistinguishable from the original reverb plugin I sampled!

Not sure why it worked this time, probably because I rendered at 32bit and got rid of EA, ER wavs. Anyway for newbies/dumbies, since it isn't spelled out completely anywhere else:

-In an offline mode reverb session, after you've generated the test tone wavs, I believe you're meant to get rid of the EA and ER wavs as they aren't needed here and just keep the large wav. Default name is BackupThis.wav

-Bring that wav into your DAW and render it 100% wet.

-Bounce it as 32-bit wav with the exact same name, and same directory as BackupThis.wav (or whatever you called the generated test tone).

-Deconvolve to create the Nebula program

I'm still confused about the non-existent instructions.txt though. Is that created just for more current sessions, or NAT Platinum or what?
psound
User Level II
User Level II

Postby psound » Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:27 pm

Upon closer listening I'm hearing some sort of ghostly, high frequency pitched sound following the reverb tails... no idea what causes this.
psound
User Level II
User Level II

Return to Working with Nat