Login

Can someone tell me how to sample Compressor?

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Re: Can someone tell me how to sample Compressor?

Postby tunca » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:37 pm

botus99 wrote:One is to model the gain-reduction, one the envelope of the attack, and the last to sample the character of the release.
botus99 wrote:The attack and release are smaller files because they are shorter. You sample the gain-reduction MANY times to get the sound more accurate between dynamic steps (in addition to using a longer sweep tone, in theory).
botus99 wrote:Set the threshold so that the LAST dynamic step is left uncompressed. Ratio is sampled as a separate parameter.

Thanks!

I did what you say.Sampled all .wavs with setting.But ı don't know which sample that i will deconvolve after sampling?

While i'm sampling .wavs one by one,what i use compressor setting?

So what will be ratio,attack and release when i sample threshold? What will be ratio,threshold,release when i sample attack? etc...

I get confused about it. :roll:

And after sampling all parameters,which .wav that i will deconvolve?

Ohh God!!!

I can sampling all gears but i can't sampling EQs and COMPs. :evil:
tunca
User Level X
User Level X

Postby tunca » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:33 am

So anyone?

Please help!
tunca
User Level X
User Level X

Postby voidar » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:51 am

If you overwrite the original test-tones with your processed ones and hit deconvolve; what happens?
voidar
User Level III
User Level III

Postby joshuagomez » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:59 pm

voidar wrote:If you overwrite the original test-tones with your processed ones and hit deconvolve; what happens?

Nothing :!:
joshuagomez
User Level II
User Level II

Postby voidar » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:13 am

So "nothing" happens? Congratulations.
voidar
User Level III
User Level III

Postby botus99 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:04 am

voidar wrote:If you overwrite the original test-tones with your processed ones and hit deconvolve; what happens?

If you overwrite the original, then NAT wouldn't have a reference for deconvolving.

voidar wrote:So "nothing" happens? Congratulations.

:roll:
Win10 Pro 64 / i7 6700K / 16gb RAM / Reaper | Allen&Heath ZED-R16 / Echo AudiofirePre8
Nebula Ultimate - Ochre, Red, Charly, Tan, Orange, Blue, Navy, Purple, Amethyst, Lime, Sand, Pink, 2412, 7236, Titanium, Aquamarine, Coral
botus99
Expert
Expert

Postby voidar » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:10 pm

You are right. Don't touch the original files. Leave the original generated file in the Temp. data box.

There should be an instructions.txt in the project folder after generation. Read that for some hints. The filenames have to be exactly what is in that file. Also, the Multi view tells you the exact number of samples you need for it to deconvolve.

This is the syntax:

%file%

_R0

_EA_A0

_EA_R0

I just tried this with a software comp. not tested the porgram, but it did deconvolve.
voidar
User Level III
User Level III

Postby joshuagomez » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:21 pm

voidar wrote:You are right. Don't touch the original files. Leave the original generated file in the Temp. data box.

There should be an instructions.txt in the project folder after generation. Read that for some hints. The filenames have to be exactly what is in that file. Also, the Multi view tells you the exact number of samples you need for it to deconvolve.

This is the syntax:

%file%

_R0

_EA_A0

_EA_R0

I just tried this with a software comp. not tested the porgram, but it did deconvolve.

I already don't touch original files.I generate files in instructions.txt.But when i deconvolve,anything happens.
joshuagomez
User Level II
User Level II

Postby voidar » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:12 pm

What's the content instructions.txt in the folder?

Paste it here.
voidar
User Level III
User Level III

Postby voidar » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:34 pm

I can't help of you don't respond :).

So far, I can compile compressor programs, but I can't say they sound anything like what I am trying to sample.

I would love if anyone could shime in on how to capture really fast FET-style compressors. They get used all the time around here so I could need some extras :).
voidar
User Level III
User Level III

PreviousNext

Return to Working with Nat