Login

Y Lior (valve processor )

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Y Lior (valve processor )

Postby yr » Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:07 am

Y Lior- is a valve emulation preset that can be used on tracks/busses when a more "focused" and "tangible" sound is desired. It slightly enhances the hi-mids and the low-end is gently rolled-off(-4@20Hz to -0.5@100Hz). Hope you enjoy it.

Best,
Yuval

http://www.4shared.com/file/-ubE5tfY/Y_Lior.html
Reuven | post-production & sound-design | scenography |
website | nebula presets
yr
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Re: Y Lior (valve processor )

Postby richie43 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:41 am

You really ARE hooked on NAT!! No complaints from me, though. That's one addiction that i will encourage and enable! :D
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby yr » Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:34 pm

richie43 wrote:You really ARE hooked on NAT!! No complaints from me, though. That's one addiction that i will encourage and enable! :D

Yes totally, and I keep finding new ways to edit and control the results. I thought about making this preset with a flat frequency response, but I realized that when the bass roll-off is not desired I can simply boost it after Nebula with a simple EQ. It actually helps making the bass sit better in the mix.
website | nebula presets
yr
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby elam » Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:51 pm

Thanks again and again Yuval.Hey,can just break it down a little more when you share a new preset with us.
Not describe the whole soft chain ("black magic" can't be describe :shock: ).Just tell us if it's a hardware/mixed or pure soft chain... If you can... ;)
elam
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby yr » Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:21 pm

elam wrote:Thanks again and again Yuval.Hey,can just break it down a little more when you share a new preset with us.
Not describe the whole soft chain ("black magic" can't be describe :shock: ).Just tell us if it's a hardware/mixed or pure soft chain... If you can... ;)

It's mostly a process of trial and error until I get what I'm looking for. I am getting better at knowing what to expect from NAT though.

Other then the tape presets (351) all the rest of the presets are created from combining different software and editing. Sometimes I use a couple of samples I made myself (from a ULN-2) as a "neutral" basis for presets and further manipulation. I'm also going over the free libraries to see if there is something that could be enhanced and transformed into something else/more interesting.

What I came to realize is that NAT & Nebula engine play an important role in the final sound of a preset. Once you sample a certain combination of plugins or software, it often sounds very different then the original. You also have to be aware of the limitations of the NAT/Nebula to make things sound good. Editing the layers manually can help a lot in giving a preset a more organic feel.
website | nebula presets
yr
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby futur2 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:21 pm

yr wrote:
elam wrote:Thanks again and again Yuval.Hey,can just break it down a little more when you share a new preset with us.

It's mostly a process of trial and error until I get what I'm looking for. I am getting better at knowing what to expect from NAT though.

Other then the tape presets (351) all the rest of the presets are created from combining different software and editing. Sometimes I use a couple of samples I made myself (from a ULN-2) as a "neutral" basis for presets and further manipulation. I'm also going over the free libraries to see if there is something that could be enhanced and transformed into something else/more interesting.

What I came to realize is that NAT & Nebula engine play an important role in the final sound of a preset. Once you sample a certain combination of plugins or software, it often sounds very different then the original. You also have to be aware of the limitations of the NAT/Nebula to make things sound good. Editing the layers manually can help a lot in giving a preset a more organic feel.

huhu, seems you have mastered NAT in some ways. guess i never will :lol: going over the free libraries to see if some of them can be inproved or transformed sounds like a great idea! keep 'em coming :mrgreen:
futur2

Postby yr » Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:37 pm

I don't know about mastering, but once you learn to deal with the hiccups, the basic stuff is quite simple. Anyways I just got permission from "lordnielson" and Mimi to use their excellent preamp presets as basis for new things. It's very effective to use some form of real hardware (even "transparent" units) if you want to achieve convincing sound.

Later this evening I will post a new preset and try to describe how I made it. I think it will be really great if there are more community based presets around.
website | nebula presets
yr
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby richie43 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:57 pm

yr wrote:I think it will be really great if there are more community based presets around.

Yes yes and +a million to that!!
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Return to Working with Nat