Login

It's still confusing trying to find latest updates.

Nebula feature suggestions

It's still confusing trying to find latest updates.

Postby indravayu » Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:11 am

It took me a whole to find where the updates are located - putting them under User Area instead of Support is not very intuitive - also the "User Area" button is buggy - sometimes it only shows me two options (Details and Orders), other times it shows me the full selection, including Downloads, Libraries and Authorizations.

Also confusing is having two files in the download section - Upgrades and Setup - with no information as to what the difference is between the two. Which one do I choose to update Nebula to the current version?

Just a couple of minor gripes.
- Chris
SYSTEM:
MB: Intel DP35DP
RAM: 8GB
DAW: Sonar Producer 64bit
indravayu
User Level II
User Level II

Re: It's still confusing trying to find latest updates.

Postby Mercado_Negro » Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:56 am

indravayu wrote:It took me a whole to find where the updates are located - putting them under User Area instead of Support is not very intuitive

I disagree. In my opinion the User Area is the correct place for updates/setups. It's like the newspaper delivery, right there to your home :D

indravayu wrote:also the "User Area" button is buggy - sometimes it only shows me two options (Details and Orders), other times it shows me the full selection, including Downloads, Libraries and Authorizations.

It's not buggy as far as I can see but maybe confusing. If you click on the 'User Area' it doesn't take you to your 'home'. It just shows you a drop-down menu you should click on to get there, I DO find that not intuitive at all: click on 'Details' and then again go up to the menu to click on 'My Downloads', 'My Libraries', etc. It should take you to a place where you can see all those entries so you can click on them later.

indravayu wrote:Also confusing is having two files in the download section - Upgrades and Setup - with no information as to what the difference is between the two. Which one do I choose to update Nebula to the current version?

I agree. I'd love for the sake of my dear God to see finally a changelog for new versions. That's what the 'Details' button is there for, right? Bugfixes, new features, etc.
i7 3770k :: Asus P8H77-V LE :: 16Gb DDR3 @1600MHz :: Geforce GT 520 :: OCZ-Vertex 128Gb :: WD Black Series 1Tb and Green Series 1Tb :: F*******e Liquid56 :: REAPER 64bit and StudioOne 64bit (both latest versions) :: Win 10 64bit
Mercado_Negro
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby indravayu » Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:28 am

Honestly, there's a bug on the User Area button (at least for me with Firefox on a Vista64 machine) - sometimes I see the full menus with all the options when I roll over the link, other times I only see two options.
SYSTEM:
MB: Intel DP35DP
RAM: 8GB
DAW: Sonar Producer 64bit
indravayu
User Level II
User Level II

Postby RJHollins » Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:44 am

From the 'Forum" section there are only 2 links
in the 'User Area' menu.

This may be a design 'feature' ;)
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby Mercado_Negro » Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:51 am

Just to be sure we're seeing the same behavior. Hover your mouse over the User Area menu right now (don't click on it yet), what do you see? ' My Details' and 'My Orders'? Now hover your mouse over it again and click on 'My Details': you should be in your 'details' page, now hover your mouse again over it, what do you see? 'My Downloads', 'My Details', 'My Libraries', 'My Authorizations' and 'My Orders'?
i7 3770k :: Asus P8H77-V LE :: 16Gb DDR3 @1600MHz :: Geforce GT 520 :: OCZ-Vertex 128Gb :: WD Black Series 1Tb and Green Series 1Tb :: F*******e Liquid56 :: REAPER 64bit and StudioOne 64bit (both latest versions) :: Win 10 64bit
Mercado_Negro
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby RJHollins » Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:58 am

I see the same thing ... 2 choice on the forum page,
but when I click on the 'details', I'm no longer
in the forum page, and now I see a larger menu. Maybe this is by design ?
I don't know. But maybe this is because the forum section
will be available to anyone who visits [members & general
public], whereas other sections are for customers.
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby giancarlo » Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:33 am

sorry but the forum is bridged. We chose the best forum available, phpbb3, but bridging has some little drawbacks. When you are logged to the forum the site doesn't know anything about you, for this reason the user area is not showing "my downloads" and other user related content.
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby Mercado_Negro » Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:01 am

Fair enough. Thanks both RJHollins and giancarlo for the information :)
Mercado_Negro
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby jovanic » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:46 pm

Updates are not available for Nebula3 Free Bundle users too? Because I can't see any updates in My Downloads area. :?
jovanic
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby giancarlo » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:56 pm

ok we'll add it
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Return to Requests