Login

Bricasti M7 Fusion-IRs - Nebula - ACQUA maybe ?

Nebula feature suggestions

Bricasti M7 Fusion-IRs - Nebula - ACQUA maybe ?

Postby RJHollins » Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:59 am

Scanning through the web I came across some details from the LiquidSonics site regarding their Reverberate2 plugin.

They talk of the process used to retain the M7 unique capabilities. Here is the info:
The Bricasti M7 is a highly prized true stereo reverb processor, widely considered to contain some of the best synthetic reverb algorithms to date, and has been captured for multiple impulse response packs freely available online. Commonly only the first bank of algorithms are available (the version 1 algorithm), although a newer second generation algorithm is available that features a higher degree of modulation. Both have been captured for the LiquidSonics M7 Fusion-IR preset pack.

Due to the nature of the various sources of modulation within the M7 algorithms, the commonly used reverb impulse response sampling approach (typically swept-sine) has the effect of averaging away all of the modulation that is key to much of the character of the M7. This is suitable for a static convolution processor, but the Fusion-IR sampling and processing approach takes multiple snapshots in time of the device and processes them concurrently so is able to much more closely reproduce the character of the original device as it varies over time.

This begs the question ... I know HenryO gave serious effort to a Nebula Community version that was not able to complete to satisfaction.

The question is, has the Nebula/Acqua process evolved to the proposed approach that LS took ?

Might this be a NEBULA or ACQUA possibility ? Reverb. Another important audio process.

hmmm ?!?
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Re: Bricasti M7 Fusion-IRs - Nebula - ACQUA maybe ?

Postby SWANG » Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:12 am

nice to know the community is still interested in this topic. i know i am! :D

looking forward to whatever updates there may be. thanks for posting, rj...
ok, bye!!!
SWANG
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby beingmf3 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:59 pm

Has anybody taken a listen to those "Fusion IRs"? Do they behave just better, or very close to the real thing?
beingmf3

Postby ceemusic » Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:34 pm

I have & use Liquidsonics Reverberate 2 if that's what your referring to. They sound great to my ears. The Fusion tech adds that nice algo vibe that's missing with convolution IR's.

Although I've never worked with one Casey from Bricasti says they're very close to the h/w. I previously used Peter Roos' free M7 libaray & prefer these much more. I sometimes use Waves H-Reverb as well.

Henry O was working on them a few years ago but stopped. I still have the test impulse somewhere IIRC the one was quite large & too cpu intensive.
i7 5820k·RAM 32GB DDR4·1TB HD x3·500GB SSD x2·Video HD-5450 1GB·Win 10 x64·RME FF400·Cubase-VEPro6-S1-Sonar
ceemusic
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby basaristudios@gmail.com » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:58 am

I own and use the Reverberate 2, EA Phoenix and R2,
haven't heard any better Reverbs yet.
Prime Total, Nebula Server 3, Scarlett 3, Amethyst 2, Aquamarine 3, Titanium, Magenta 3, Navy, Sand, Pink, Pink Compressors.
basaristudios@gmail.com
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby RJHollins » Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:14 am

Hi basari,

Have you any Nebula libraries of reverbs? Comparisons ?
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby basaristudios@gmail.com » Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:22 am

Hey RJ, i have Mircos Reverbs, the ones from A.I.T.B.
Actually i was planning these days to do a comparison,
to mix the same project with both of them, 2 projects.
Prime Total, Nebula Server 3, Scarlett 3, Amethyst 2, Aquamarine 3, Titanium, Magenta 3, Navy, Sand, Pink, Pink Compressors.
basaristudios@gmail.com
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby RJHollins » Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:18 am

Would be very interest in hearing your comments/observations of a comparison.

I too have one of the AITB reverbs, the PHONOCAMPTICA, along with several other libraries [plates, etc].

Since my work is now mainly Mastering, I've only rarely needed reverbs. I do have 2 projects coming in that I've been requested to mix, so I'm doing my pre-session research/test listening before these projects arrive.

Side note. I do have SIR and another [can't think of it] IR based reverbs. Since my new build, I've not yet installed them. I do have a large library of IR's that I've collected over the years. One of them are the static M7 presets.

Reverberate uses IR's, so it peaked my interest. But the Nebula reverbs sounded very good ... they just are not as flexible in realtime [having to load presets to change RT].

anyway ... look forward to your observations.

thx

RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Return to Requests