Login

Nebula 4 in the horizon ?

Nebula feature suggestions

Re: Nebula 4 in the horizon ?

Postby Antman81 » Tue May 06, 2014 1:10 pm

Even with my small rant. With the new features advertised I"m gonna shell out for the update of course :D. My Nebula love is growing strong and I'm loving the Alex B library. I like the Italian plug-in market, and pizza :D .
Antman81
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby giancarlo » Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:21 pm

Antman81 wrote:I just bought Nebula 3 pro will this mean that I will have to pay out again if 4 is released in NOV? Even an update cost would be an annoyance. :?

we are implementing all new things back to nebula3, for the exception of new nebula4 features, obviously. Nebula4 will be a different product, and maybe you will not like it. Think to nebula4 like something new. Also we are not sure about its release date, so your investment is safe because you are using a software instead of waiting for something which is not on the market yet. A general rule is buying something existing instead of waiting, because release date could be postponed or even cancelled.

On our side, our "contract" toward you is saving your investments as much as possible: our new products will load existing libraries (especially commercial ones) and even existing acqua plugins (they will be a sort of skinned libraries).

So while we are working on something exciting, we remind to everyone the only product available is nebula3, not nebula4. It's like using an iphone5 while waiting for an iphone 6. The apps you buy will not stop working, and nobody will never force you to move to a different product (I bought a 3gs, a 4s and not a 5... I'm waiting for 6, but if it will fail I'll buy an amazon firephone, or even android if it will fix current issues and I will stick with my glorious 4s)
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby fr3udes » Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:35 pm

Antman81 wrote:I'll buy an amazon firephone, or even android if it will fix current issues and I will stick with my glorious 4s

There's no issue to fix on my Nexus5 and my battery last twice longer than yours ;-)
fr3udes
User Level V
User Level V

Postby giancarlo » Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:03 pm

I have android too...it crashes during phone calls ;)
fire phone is amazing!!! years ahead!
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby jkervin » Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:43 pm

Sooooo November is getting ever closer. Anyone know if we're on track to see V4 (aside from the developers, of course)? :D
jkervin
User Level X
User Level X

Postby jkervin » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:34 pm

November? Is that still the word on the street?
jkervin
User Level X
User Level X

Postby giancarlo » Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:16 pm

delayed... too many things man
We are spending a lot of time on the new tech and on ironing the company
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby jkervin » Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:47 pm

So has Nebula 4 pretty much been shelved while the Aqua plugins are getting more focus? Is there any hope that we'll see it in 2015?

I understand the benefits of the Aqua plugs and I'm sure they sound awesome - I'm just not sure how I want to proceed & plan for my studio if version 4 is going to come out next year. I suppose I'll pick some Aqua plugins regardless, just trying to make some plans for next year.

Thoughts?
jkervin
User Level X
User Level X

Postby Andyyager10 » Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:56 pm

I am curious, if I upgrade to the server edition (I currently have neb3pro),what will I have to pay for neb4 when it finally comes out?
Andyyager10
User Level II
User Level II

Postby giancarlo » Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:06 am

jkervin wrote:So has Nebula 4 pretty much been shelved while the Aqua plugins are getting more focus? Is there any hope that we'll see it in 2015?

I understand the benefits of the Aqua plugs and I'm sure they sound awesome - I'm just not sure how I want to proceed & plan for my studio if version 4 is going to come out next year. I suppose I'll pick some Aqua plugins regardless, just trying to make some plans for next year.

Thoughts?

acqua plugins are a showcase of new tech. We have an huge delay on n4, mainly because we used a lot of time for structuring the company.
I hope to complete the tech in a couple of weeks, than we'll be back on nebula.
Now there is also au64, acqua plugins are working pretty well, there is no damage caused by this delay: n3 is working, acquas are working, we are releasing products both in acqua and in library format, everyone should be happy. So we are a bit more relaxed and we are trying simply to create a good product
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

PreviousNext

Return to Requests