Login

Nebula 4 in the horizon ?

Nebula feature suggestions

Re: Nebula 4 in the horizon ?

Postby SWAN » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:13 pm

Antonello wrote:
cehas wrote:Can you give us a hint about the pricing politics and if Nebula 3 users will get an upgrade discount like with the previous versions?

We need to study the price policy.

Antonello - is your email down as I keep getting bounce back...
Mac Mini i7 quad 2.6

Logic X
Live 9
Reaper
SWAN
Expert
Expert

Postby nonstandardryder » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:10 am

I would love a feature to disable all nebula processing on all channels of a session if thats even possible to get back to 0 latency while recording. Then at the flip of a switch when parts are recorded nebula is back on with needed latency.

I love writing and producing with nebula enabled in ableton but it's almost impossible in any other daw except logic. With it's low latency button that disables everything on all tracks and busses at a given threshold.

This would be a great feature if it's possible, that once the button is flipped all processing is disabled everywhere and the nebula plugins return 0ms latency to the daw tricking it into low latency mode, until re engaged.

I would pay extra for that feature :)
nonstandardryder

Postby Support » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:09 am

nonstandardryder wrote:I would love a feature to disable all nebula processing on all channels of a session if thats even possible to get back to 0 latency while recording. Then at the flip of a switch when parts are recorded nebula is back on with needed latency.

I love writing and producing with nebula enabled in ableton but it's almost impossible in any other daw except logic. With it's low latency button that disables everything on all tracks and busses at a given threshold.

This would be a great feature if it's possible, that once the button is flipped all processing is disabled everywhere and the nebula plugins return 0ms latency to the daw tricking it into low latency mode, until re engaged.

I would pay extra for that feature :)

You can use a multi ASIO audio interface and run two instances of your sequencer in your computer. Bounce in first one and record in the second one. Also you can use two different audio interfaces if you want.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support
http://www.acustica-audio.com
Support
Expert
Expert

Postby nonstandardryder » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:33 pm

Im not sure if this is the most elegant solution. What if i want to run 40 channels. I don't have the ADDA for that. It seems rewire might be the best option if it will work.

Still would love to see this feature if it would ever make the road map :)
nonstandardryder

Postby Support » Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:22 pm

nonstandardryder wrote:Im not sure if this is the most elegant solution. What if i want to run 40 channels. I don't have the ADDA for that. It seems rewire might be the best option if it will work.

Still would love to see this feature if it would ever make the road map :)

This is the solution that use several mastering studios. Sequoia/Samplitude #1 play > Audio interface #1 > analog > Audio interface #2 > Sequoia/Samplitude #2 monitor/rec

NOTE: Multi-client ASIO audio interface = RME audio
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Support
Expert
Expert

Postby cehas » Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:48 pm

Analog gain reduction meter!

Would be soooo sexy.. how hard would it be to map the GR metering to the VU and make a skin for that?

I mean, it's no biggie but if it's easily doable I think many people would enjoy that.
cehas
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby giancarlo » Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:36 pm

the engine is ready for doing that. The feature is named "aux". It would be possible to create a skin for nebula implementing that and a patch for standard compressor for making it available
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby cehas » Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:31 pm

Nice!

These upcoming upgrades sound indeed pretty promising, can't wait :mrgreen:
cehas
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby bma25 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:34 pm

First things first, since this is my first post:
Hello everyone!

Antonello wrote:Alright, you can use this topic to give us your feedback on the desired features...

You beat me to it... ;)

I'm a relatively new "nebulist", and for me the 2 biggest problems with Nebula (besides that fact that I need one instance for every EQ-band, but this is being addressed already) are the metering and the GUI. A plugin that is sensible to gain staging really needs good meters. As they are now they are just a bad joke. Several non-nebula developers have released good stand-alone VU meters, it can't be that hard. Now i use a metering plug in front of every instance of Nebula, which means a 3-band EQ = 6 insert slots (and Cubase has only 6 pre-fader inserts).

The GUI: Its huge, even though on most programs there are only very few (if any) adjustable parameters, and when you need to tweak the under-the-hood parameters you have to work on a minuscule LCD compared to which Windows 1.0 was very user-friendly. Nebula doesn't only sound like vintage stuff, it also feels like using a 30 year old vintage PC. And then all these acronyms... When i used Nebula for the first time i clicked on "Mast" expecting to see some nude chicks, and then discovered that this probably means master rather than masturbation.

Why not make a small interface with just the controls needed for everyday use, an LCD to display the program name, and a button that opens a large tweak window for the under-the-hood settings. The LCD should be big enough to display a full, MEANINGFUL name. If it would display something like

Modern Black Console
Master Buss (Vintage)

rather than

MBC_MBV
http://www.alessandroboschi.eu

things would be so much easier.
Also allow the user to change program names and categories, with as many characters as needed.

Make a nice preset browser with a search function, kinda like windows explorer. And instead of seeing a category "SLK(SLK)" I'd like to see "Silk EQ".

That was the kind of thing that prevented me from buying the full version when i first tried Nebula2free a few years ago, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. Now that i made the jump and got Nebula3 pro, I wish I'd have done so earlier. You need to use it for a few months before you can start appreciating it.

I understand that Nebula is a deep application and requires some understanding of how it works to get the most out of it, but the way it is now is just über-geeky.

I'm sorry, this probably comes across like a rant, its not meant to be, I love how it sounds, its just kinda sad that such a great program is such a PITA to use because of a horrible UI.
It deserves better than that.

Cheers
bma25
User Level I
User Level I

Postby Support » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:49 pm

I'm a relatively new "nebulist", and for me the 2 biggest problems with Nebula (besides that fact that I need one instance for every EQ-band, but this is being addressed already) are the metering and the GUI. A plugin that is sensible to gain staging really needs good meters. As they are now they are just a bad joke.

Multiband EQ = Acqua Effects or Nebula4 feature.
About levels: Use trim in your sequencer or pre-process your audio files before mix with a level rule (EBU r-128 for example). Nebula Man has this feature also peak leveling for drum/percussion tracks.

Several non-nebula developers have released good stand-alone VU meters, it can't be that hard. Now i use a metering plug in front of every instance of Nebula, which means a 3-band EQ = 6 insert slots (and Cubase has only 6 pre-fader inserts).

Use just two meters and move it up and down.

The GUI: Its huge, even though on most programs there are only very few (if any) adjustable parameters, and when you need to tweak the under-the-hood parameters you have to work on a minuscule LCD compared to which Windows 1.0 was very user-friendly. Nebula doesn't only sound like vintage stuff, it also feels like using a 30 year old vintage PC. And then all these acronyms... When i used Nebula for the first time i clicked on "Mast" expecting to see some nude chicks, and then discovered that this probably means master rather than masturbation.

Nebula4 feature.

Why not make a small interface with just the controls needed for everyday use, an LCD to display the program name, and a button that opens a large tweak window for the under-the-hood settings. The LCD should be big enough to display a full, MEANINGFUL name. If it would display something like

Nebula4 feature.

Modern Black Console
Master Buss (Vintage)

rather than

MBC_MBV
http://www.alessandroboschi.eu

Use dictionary.

things would be so much easier.
Also allow the user to change program names and categories, with as many characters as needed.

Not possible.

Make a nice preset browser with a search function, kinda like windows explorer. And instead of seeing a category "SLK(SLK)" I'd like to see "Silk EQ".

Use dictionary.

PS: This is useful link. All tips of the month, listed: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1346
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Support
Expert
Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Requests