Login

Nebula 4 in the horizon ?

Nebula feature suggestions

Re: Nebula 4 in the horizon ?

Postby Antonello » Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:59 am

We'll decide the price policy at the end of the project.
The effort to develop N4 is biggest ever done by Acustica.
Antonello
God Administrator
God Administrator

Postby ngarjuna » Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:57 pm

One feature that would be nice (that people have consistently kept asking about) is the ability to use/assign multiple skins or skin per library/program. It's a small thing but it can make a big difference in usability.
ngarjuna
Expert
Expert

Postby Antonello » Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:29 pm

ngarjuna wrote:One feature that would be nice (that people have consistently kept asking about) is the ability to use/assign multiple skins or skin per library/program. It's a small thing but it can make a big difference in usability.

Sure, Nebula 4 introduce the "graphic library" concept
Antonello
God Administrator
God Administrator

Postby ngarjuna » Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:49 pm

Antonello wrote:Sure, Nebula 4 introduce the "graphic library" concept

Nice!
ngarjuna
Expert
Expert

Postby pleplo » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:53 am

an important feature i'm waiting for is MAKING the controls on the interface more like regular algo plugins. I dont care much of the look but I want to be able to enter numeric values, control or alt click to reset knobs, mouse wheel control, more consistent values, (those infamous 14.42 etc..) all those standard modern features on plugins. :) also swith between program not just with listboxes
Plajia new album Piggie Park out NOW. (Pronounced plah-gee-ah) We make music, fock a genre. On Spotify and Bandcamp www.plajia.com
pleplo
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby cehas » Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:23 am

pleplo wrote:an important feature i'm waiting for is MAKING the controls on the interface more like regular algo plugins. I dont care much of the look but I want to be able to enter numeric values, control or alt click to reset knobs, mouse wheel control, more consistent values, (those infamous 14.42 etc..) all those standard modern features on plugins. :) also swith between program not just with listboxes

Yeah, I think the GUI and usability upgrades are top priority now, apart from the loading times/CPU usage. I can't wait the day until both of my screens aren't filled with a dozen instances of Nebula.

Over 6 months to go.. :cry: And those rack wings.. :drool: :D
cehas
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby Antonello » Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:35 am

Alright, you can use this topic to give us your feedback on the desired features...
Antonello
God Administrator
God Administrator

Postby pleplo » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:26 pm

Thanks i'm sure you guys will do an awesome job on the update.

another feature will be an automatic compressor/limiter to avoid those nebula overload when using the G-Drive on some third party programs. it always make me step up and can damage my speakers. (or something that look ahead and automatically detect the ceiling of the program) so yes also better metering. more fast and responding that you can calibrate to -18dbs VUE for example. and make third party dev embed in their program the reference value so it automatically adjust or sometime that could be nice :)

also for the older program with no G-drive, maybe the feature to link the input and output of nebula (like they do to drive tape machine plugins).. auto volume compensation.. and more range.now its only 6 db..I think you can change in XML but did not tried it
Plajia new album Piggie Park out NOW. (Pronounced plah-gee-ah) We make music, fock a genre. On Spotify and Bandcamp www.plajia.com
pleplo
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby cehas » Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:14 pm

I'm completely happy with the upcoming upgrades if they do what they're promised to do. Cannot really figure out any improvements besides those right now. Better compression of course, but I guess that's impossible..

Can you give us a hint about the pricing politics and if Nebula 3 users will get an upgrade discount like with the previous versions?
cehas
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby Antonello » Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:23 pm

cehas wrote:Can you give us a hint about the pricing politics and if Nebula 3 users will get an upgrade discount like with the previous versions?

We need to study the price policy.
Antonello
God Administrator
God Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to Requests