Login

what I'd really love in Nebula's gui

Nebula feature suggestions

what I'd really love in Nebula's gui

Postby audioanal » Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:45 am

hi.
I really like to have a graphic like the one in the vst plugin analyzer, to watch the frequency response and harmonic distortion of each program IN THE MOMENT.
These graphs probably would be cpu friendly (the vst plugin analyzer consumes very little resources)and it would help a lot to take some decissions.
The Nebula programs have "analog like" response, impredictable sometimes and "imperfect", not as predictable as in the "normal" plugins domain.
For example, I'm looking for a hi shelf in a vocal track, and I'd like a very gentle and wide curve. I can choose between a lot of options: Dw Fearn, M****y, N**e, A*I... I use to open the analyzer and watch the response of my programs because this helps me a lot to take my decission.
You could say "use your ears". YEs. But if you watch some Nebula programs in an analyzer you will see that many many times, the response is not "logical" at all. Pushing too many db in a freq can deform the wave, the wideness of the curves changes dramatically or there is too much distortion added to the sound.
The ears are the final judges, but the eyes can help too.

Is possible to implement a real time graphic analysis (like the one mentioned before, a very simple one)?
The gui in Nebula is not too friendly, and this kind of information could be a step away, I think.
The real value of Nebula is the "analog like" response. So...showing it to everyone could be a good point to the program.

Greetings from Spain and sorry for my english.
audioanal
User Level II
User Level II

Re: what I'd really love in Nebula's gui

Postby faun2500 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:00 am

It's actually quite a good idea but I personally think there is some more important things to be done first.

:)
Forthcoming releases on: Black Heart Label, Hyperdrive and Transfixion. http://soundcloud.com/100mg. 6 FREE Downloads on my soundcloud page. Nebula ALL over these trax!
faun2500
Vip Member
Vip Member

Re: what I'd really love in Nebula's gui

Postby enriquesilveti » Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:08 pm

Thank you for the imput.
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support.

MBP 11.5 (i7-4870 | 16 GB | 512 SDD)
SP4 (i5-6300 | 8 GB | 256 SDD)
RME UFX | PS Lyra2 | SD USBPre2
VM U15 | VM W10 | VM OSX 10.12
N4/NAT4 | SPX3 | RX5 | LN2C | Smaart8 | R5 | PT12 | PX10
enriquesilveti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Return to Requests