Login

Limiter/Audio Drop Out To Prevent Loud Distortion

Nebula feature suggestions

Limiter/Audio Drop Out To Prevent Loud Distortion

Postby sfunk » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:54 am

Just thinking about this from the posts on another thread. It seems others a concerned with the loud beeping/shrill noise that occurs when a signal goes was over. Would it be possible to implement something in Neb that prevents this. Possibly a limiter that drops the audio out completely. Seems like this is a law suit waiting to happen as the levels of this noise are incredibly loud and im sure someone will eventually get damaged ears because of this. I cant imagine what it would be like with headphones on.

Thanks
sfunk

Re: Limiter/Audio Drop Out To Prevent Loud Distortion

Postby Mplay » Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:04 pm

Why not insert a brick-wall with look-a-head on the master channel as final plugin? I think it's unavoidable you will get spikes once in a while, no matter what software you use.
Mplay

Postby sfunk » Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:09 pm

Mplay wrote:Why not insert a brick-wall with look-a-head on the master channel as final plugin? I think it's unavoidable you will get spikes once in a while, no matter what software you use.

Thats something im going to look into. Have you heard these spikes though? Never came across such loud ugly spikes in software before-its jump out of your chair shouting expletives loud :P
sfunk

Postby Mplay » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:20 pm

yes I have heard what you discribe. It reminds my of my old digital alarm clock. It made me jump out my bed ;). I can imagine it would be scary without a limiter
Mplay

Postby tb-av » Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:30 pm

If you are using Reaper there is a setting in Options/Audio. It will stop the sound if the level reaches a predetermined point. By default it's set to +18dB but easily changed.

Yamaha digital consoles have a system that shuts the sound off it you have a runaway feedback loop.

I would expect other systems/software have something similar if you look in your options menu.
tb-av
User Level III
User Level III

Postby sfunk » Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:02 am

tb-av wrote:If you are using Reaper there is a setting in Options/Audio. It will stop the sound if the level reaches a predetermined point. By default it's set to +18dB but easily changed.

Yamaha digital consoles have a system that shuts the sound off it you have a runaway feedback loop.

I would expect other systems/software have something similar if you look in your options menu.

I am using Logic i cant see anything similar-nice feature!
Giancarlo-is this something you could implement in an update?
sfunk

Return to Requests