Login

Nebula 3 and Cubase - high beep when loading two instances

Serious issues

Nebula 3 and Cubase - high beep when loading two instances

Postby dagovitsj » Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:01 am

Hi! I'm a Nebula-noobie, but an entusiastic one..!

There seem to be a bug with Cubase 5.5.2. (64bit) and Nebula 3 (v. 1.3.451) together with EQ-bundle from http://www.analoginthebox. I'm using Win 7 64bit. I have contacted Niklas and he cant't reproduce the bug with (32 bit DAWs). He thinks it can have something with the Nebula itself.

Here is what I experience with a project starting from scratch (not importing old projects or anything like that):

- I'm working on a simple song with an acoustic guitar sample in stereo.
- I have inserted Nebula 3 on my guitartrack in the first slot and have loaded Fate EQ mid (analoginthebox)
-No problem all is working perfect.

-Then I load another instance of Nebula 3 in the 2. slot of my guitartrack. First I hear a very high unpleasant noise (beep) and the right channel of the stereo meter is peaking and freezes.

Then there is no sound at all. Same happens if I load the Nebula 3 in the 3. slot, but then the meter freezes the left channel and the sound is gone.

I then tried the same thing only using native Nebula EQ (2055 Angels EQ MD and Hi). And guess what - no beep and no peaking in the meter. This is strange.

Can anyone here on the forum reproduce this bug?

Is there a way to fix this?

Here is my system:
win7 64 bit, 8 GB RAM (DDR2), Intel Core 2 Quad, Q9400 @ 2,67 GHz, Cubase 5.5.2. (64 bit), Nebula 3 Pro v. 1.3.451, TC Konnekt 24D (latest drivers).
|Win 7-64bit | Reaper 4. x64, Cubase 6.5.3., 64 & 32 bit | RAM:16 GB | CPU: Intel Core i5 760@ 2,8 GHz | Samsung SSD 830 (256 GB) | WD: Black harddisks | Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT Graphics Accelerator | Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4 |Nebula 3 Pro |
dagovitsj
Vip Member
Vip Member

Re: Nebula 3 and Cubase - high beep when loading two - SOLVED!

Postby dagovitsj » Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:22 am

Yes!I got a very good hint from Giancarlo to fix this issue:
- Use only the NebulaCoreII64Reverb plugin, not only for reverb, but all the other stuff also (EQs etc.)

- Reduce the DSPBuffer size in the MAST page of the plugin. The DSPBUFFER is originally 8192, but I reduced it to 128 (the lowest) and saved it.

Now I can load several instances of the NebulaCoreII64Reverb plugin in a Cubase channel without any crash, high sound burst or meter freezing. It's still lagging a little when you turn the plugin on and off to listen for the difference in sound (EQ on EQ off). But that's acceptable for now. Because - Wow, what a sound one can get with this technology!

I just want to thank all the good people that make this amazing technology available for a very reasonable price. I'm so glad I found this Nebula-plugin - now I really want to concentrate on mixing, because the sound you get is so great and it's so inspiring to really hear all the colors you can get with one EQ on an acoustic guitar!

I've just started this journey and I'm eager to explore all the other stuff too.

dagovitsj
|Win 7-64bit | Reaper 4. x64, Cubase 6.5.3., 64 & 32 bit | RAM:16 GB | CPU: Intel Core i5 760@ 2,8 GHz | Samsung SSD 830 (256 GB) | WD: Black harddisks | Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT Graphics Accelerator | Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4 |Nebula 3 Pro |
dagovitsj
Vip Member
Vip Member

Re: Nebula 3 and Cubase - high beep when loading two instances

Postby dpclarkson » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:32 pm

I'm also having this loud beep when loading a second instance
in Logic 9.1.3, OSX 10.6.2.
Apparently, reducing the dspbuffer to 128 makes no difference here.
Hopefully someone has a solution. :cry:
dpclarkson

Postby sfunk » Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:20 pm

i've been posting about this beep for a long time and im a little disappointed the Devs haven't addressed this. Yes we get distortion if we clip hardware but its not like this ugly loud and potentially dangerous screeching and beeping. I am constantly riding my hardware volume button when adjusting Nebula for fear of this noise and no other plugin i have ever used has caused me this type of concern. The product is great, the price is great i am a big supporter but PLEASE address this in the next update and forget about sidechaining and menus.

Using Logic 9.1.3 OSX 10.6.4 and i have had this with all AU version of Nebula. Not sure about vst as i only use Logic nowadays
sfunk

Postby skitchy » Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:04 am

I have also had this problem from the start.
Happens with Nebula 2 Commercial and Nebula 3 Free.
I keep downloading the updates expecting it to be fixed but...
This bug makes Neblua completely unusable for me. Its such a shame because theres so much potential here.
skitchy
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby davidgary73 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:54 am

Perhaps the new protectiondb syntax posted by giancarlo will help in the thread below.

http://www.acustica-audio.com/forum/ind ... =viewtopic
MacPro 2 x 2.4 Ghz 6 Core Intel Xeon • 28GB Ram •
Logic Pro X 10.2.4 • OSX 10.11.6 • VEP 6 •
Magenta 3 • Green 3 • Navy • Pink • Sand • Lime • Nebula3 Server Ultimate •
http://www.purevolume.com/DavidGary
davidgary73

Return to Bugs