Login

Very serious problem.

Serious issues

Very serious problem.

Postby lillosnx » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:56 am

Hi!
I'm trying to insert nebula pro 3 to a project I'm working on but strange things are happening.
The Nebula Gui doesnt show up, instead a generic steinberg midi like gui with some faders. A HUUGGGEEEE feedback build up that almost destroyed my ears. What is wrong with it?
If I try to insert it on a ney project everythings fine, but not on an older project. Actually I bought nebula to enhance my older projects I wasnt satisfied with but now I can use it only with new ones, please help.
Im using cubase 5.52
lillosnx
User Level I
User Level I

Re: Very serious problem.

Postby anthonyhowells » Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:02 am

I have experienced this same problem. Ear blasting noise that comes on suddenly, Nebula GUI reset to one of the oldstyle SX interfaces. I have to slam the external master volume down to zero, unload Nebula, reset and start again with the fear that it may happen again.

The system is: Latest Nebula (premium package), Cubase 5.5, Win XP sP3, Intel Q9650, 4gb ram, GB mobo, ATI HD4870 graphics.

Also sometimes when I have been using a project with Nebula for a while, if the above problem does not occur (which it occaisionally doesn't) the volume metres will set themselves permanently at full volume. this includes the Nebula buss metre and the master out metre. Makes the project unuseable as I cannot judge levels anymore. Nebula needs to be unloaded and reloaded to fix, but again, chances are it happens again before too long anwyay.

So far, It has pretty much made it unuseable for me in any normal project using even only a few audio tracks, a few vST and VSTi's. Apart from the instability, I can't risk that noise coming on suddenly and ripping my eardrums apart.

As a side note, all the presets were installed simulteneously but some of the reverbs aren't loading. They show in the list, but upon load there is no effect and the sliders show no parameters. This isn't a huge problem, at least the ones that load sound great and when they work they shine.

So I really want to get these rather serious bugs solved. I really cannot use the system if it behaves this way under normal conditions. So I appreciate your time whoever finds this thread and may be able to be of assistance!
anthonyhowells
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby giancarlo » Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:43 pm

which version are you running exacty? we'll try to fix things in a different way, so that nebula is not loaded at all if you run out of memory. Which is the ram usage in your projects?
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby enriquesilveti » Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:23 pm

Help us help you (read this before posting)
http://www.acustica-audio.com/forum/ind ... =viewtopic

Acustica Audio crash or bug report
http://www.acustica-audio.com/forum/ind ... =viewtopic
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support.

MBP 11.5 (i7-4870 | 16 GB | 512 SDD)
SP4 (i5-6300 | 8 GB | 256 SDD)
RME UFX | PS Lyra2 | SD USBPre2
VM U15 | VM W10 | VM OSX 10.12
N4/NAT4 | SPX3 | RX5 | LN2C | Smaart8 | R5 | PT12 | PX10
enriquesilveti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby farjedi » Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:20 am

I have the same issue still with the latest version of Nebula..anywhere from 800mb and above of ram being used and I get the same issue described above. On version 1.3.39/ I never had such a problem and could consume ram up until 1.4/1.5 gb before any problems.
It could be something to do with Cubase5 as most complaints arise from Cubase5 users and the squeeling generic interface. At least with the new version it doesn't crash the system which is something. It is seriously crippling having to watch for usuage under 800mb to safely use Nebula....
farjedi
User Level X
User Level X

Postby giancarlo » Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:23 am

it someone is interested I could have a solution. Contact me. It should NOT crash or generate strange noises when you don't have enough ram for loading.
Togher we could even raise the used memory before nebula surrenders.
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby anthonyhowells » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:06 pm

Hi guys.

I apologise for posting vague system info and as soon as I get through Christmas and spend some more time in the studio going through exactly what I am doing when the problem occurs I will post in the proper bug thread.

In the meantime I can say I only have a few tracks running when the problem occurs(I can usually run 40+ fairly heavy vst/vsti's and extra audio tracks without too many problems) and I find myself unloading Nebula very early on in a project because of this. so RAM isn't really the problem. System/CPU bug? Everything else runs well apart from the occaisional lock from one or two other plugs which have also been logged with the developers.

And I see three of us at least have it so far with Cubase 5.5 / 5.52 so if we can all contribute our full specs and circumstances, with the help of the creators and developers we can hopefully get it solved.

Fingers crossed!
anthonyhowells
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby farjedi » Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:25 am

I don't understand why it is to do with memory, I only have 2gigs which i've always ever had and it's bugging out with task manager on 800mb, sometimes lower, sometimes i get away with a bit higher.
I'm up for solving it for sure, driving me crazy to be honest, but christmas takes me away so I won't be in the studio till after new years probably.
farjedi
User Level X
User Level X

Return to Bugs