Login

"Program #0 Not Valid" -- ERROR

Serious issues

"Program #0 Not Valid" -- ERROR

Postby Tekker » Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:10 pm

Hi all,

I just started getting a "Program #0 Not Valid" error when I open up Nebula.

I have tried literally everything I can think of to fix the problem. I've uninstalled/reinstalled Nebula (many times now) and I've deleted the temp, setup, init files (in Program and Vector folders). I've reinstalled and given it a completely new installation location (both for VST location and Nebula program installation) without copying over any of my Program or Vector files... A fresh install. I've searched my computer for "nebula" and deleted anything on any other drive (in case it had files somewhere that it was remembering from the previous install). I've uninstalled/reinstalled my recording program (Magix Samplitude 11 Pro). I downloaded a new Nebula installer file (in case mine had gotten corrupted somehow) and the latest upgrade version. I even did a system restore on my computer and went back a couple weeks.

I've spent hours and hours trying everything I can possibly think of. Even doing it in different orders and rebooting frequently to let things "set in" (so to speak). But nothing has fixed the problem.

I was hoping to be able to do a little more on my mix for the Nebula mix contest before it ends in a couple days, but until this problem is resolved I'm totally stuck... :(

Any help on getting this fixed will be GREATLY appreciated! :)

Thanks,
-tkr
Tekker
User Level 0
User Level 0

Re: "Program #0 Not Valid" -- ERROR

Postby Mercado_Negro » Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:39 pm

Please visit this thread and share your information there:

http://www.acustica-audio.com/forum/ind ... =viewtopic

Apparently it can be solved by reinstalling your license (it worked for me).
i7 3770k :: Asus P8H77-V LE :: 16Gb DDR3 @1600MHz :: Geforce GT 520 :: OCZ-Vertex 128Gb :: WD Black Series 1Tb and Green Series 1Tb :: F*******e Liquid56 :: REAPER 64bit and StudioOne 64bit (both latest versions) :: Win 10 64bit
Mercado_Negro
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby TranscendingMusic » Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:11 pm

Tekker wrote:Hi all,

I just started getting a "Program #0 Not Valid" error when I open up Nebula.

I have tried literally everything I can think of to fix the problem. I've uninstalled/reinstalled Nebula (many times now) and I've deleted the temp, setup, init files (in Program and Vector folders). I've reinstalled and given it a completely new installation location (both for VST location and Nebula program installation) without copying over any of my Program or Vector files... A fresh install. I've searched my computer for "nebula" and deleted anything on any other drive (in case it had files somewhere that it was remembering from the previous install). I've uninstalled/reinstalled my recording program (Magix Samplitude 11 Pro). I downloaded a new Nebula installer file (in case mine had gotten corrupted somehow) and the latest upgrade version. I even did a system restore on my computer and went back a couple weeks.

I've spent hours and hours trying everything I can possibly think of. Even doing it in different orders and rebooting frequently to let things "set in" (so to speak). But nothing has fixed the problem.

I was hoping to be able to do a little more on my mix for the Nebula mix contest before it ends in a couple days, but until this problem is resolved I'm totally stuck... :(

Any help on getting this fixed will be GREATLY appreciated! :)

Thanks,
-tkr

Are you absolutely sure you ran a "setup" file when first installing? Not "upgrade".
mixing | mastering
Win 10 x64 | Sonar Platinum x64 | 3930K(OC)
TranscendingMusic
Expert
Expert

Postby Mimi » Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:08 pm

This happening to me now, "Program#0", I formated HD and reinstalled nebula, gives error and not appears the file for Upload, did everything and nothing worked.
What's happening? I'll try to format the machine again, I am haunted by that problem, already formatted twice. :evil:
Mimi

Postby TranscendingMusic » Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:20 pm

MIMI are you absolutely certain you are using a "setup" file for the first install?
mixing | mastering
TranscendingMusic
Expert
Expert

Postby Mimi » Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:13 pm

Yes with absolute certainty and a strange thing happened I installed an old license, and nebula began to function, installed libraries, and nebula server, working, but the "runserver" not works...
Bizarre...I will reformat, and see what happens.
Mimi

Postby TranscendingMusic » Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:55 pm

Well it seems in the "Nebula suddenly stopped working" thread that several other users ran incomplete licenses which can cause this error as well. So try reinstalling your license, if that doesn't work get in touch with giancarlo
mixing | mastering
TranscendingMusic
Expert
Expert

Postby Mimi » Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:25 am

The problem is that not there a new License, Nebula not generate a file licence for upload for licence Final.
nebula stop, in halfway with error program#0 and to exit this error just by running the old license, which is not good, there is no way to upload to receive new license , now understood? I formatted my machine and not I can do nebula run. And if not run nebula, not generates the file Upload, this is the problem, leaving the old license as a desperate measure.
this error has to do with reading the HD, and operating system, in my case my winxp is original and only own this cd.
Mimi

Postby Tekker » Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:42 am

Yes, I'm sure I used the installer (and not the upgrade) first. I've got loads of experience reloading nebula because I'm always having issues with Nebula where the GUI stops loading or something else weird happens, but re-installing ALWAYS fixes the problem. This is the first time I've ever seen this particular problem and nothing I'm trying is fixing it. I even ran check disk on my D drive (where Nebula has been installed) but nothing... I just installed Nebula to a completely different drive and still, the same thing. I don't know what else to do! :(

Nebula doesn't even get to the point where it generates a SER file, so no way to install a license.

This could seriously not have come at a worse time with the Nebula contest about to end. Ironic that one ONLY plugin I have to use is the only plugin that stopped working... :(

-tkr
Tekker
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby Tekker » Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:09 am

OMG it IS a time related bug.

I simply set back my system clock to the beginning of the month and IT INSTALLED and is working fine now.

Maybe that will help the Nebula gang track down what caused the problem. :)

-tkr
Tekker
User Level 0
User Level 0

Next

Return to Bugs