Login

cubase 5.5 64 bit compatibility?

Serious issues

cubase 5.5 64 bit compatibility?

Postby alanone » Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:39 am

Hi there, I have been attempting to try out the free version of nebula 3-64. I found in the faq that cubase vst 32 is listed as supported, but not 64? Does this mean that the program will not work with cubase 64?

system:
win 7 64
intel i7 930
6 gb ram
gigabyte x58a-ud3r mobo
cubase 5.5 (64)

ok, so I installed the program into c:/sharedvst/nebula3/vstplugins and left the other folder in default setting. Perhaps it does not work right if it is not in the program files folder? IDK.

The problem is that when I try to run the plug as an insert on an instrument track with a synth (tried NI fm8, NI absynth, and tal bass line), the audio cuts in and out, and the plug just behaves strangely in general.

My next step is to try and install the 32 bit version, and then use j-bridge. Anyone try that yet?

Well in any case, I am very excited about nebula, and I hope that I can get it working on my system. If not, well it was a free DL so I don't really expect full product support or anything :D
alanone
User Level 0
User Level 0

Re: cubase 5.5 64 bit compatibility?

Postby enriquesilveti » Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:56 am

Hi there, I have been attempting to try out the free version of nebula 3-64. I found in the faq that cubase vst 32 is listed as supported, but not 64? Does this mean that the program will not work with cubase 64?

Sorry alanone. FAQ is out of date. All VST x64 host are supported. JBridge is supported also.

ok, so I installed the program into c:/sharedvst/nebula3/vstplugins and left the other folder in default setting. Perhaps it does not work right if it is not in the program files folder?

Open XML files from nebula3/vstplugins and confirm you have the right path

Example:
<MASTER>
<MAGIC> o010 </MAGIC>
<DATAPATH> C:\Archivos de programa\Nebula3PROTempRepository\ </DATAPATH>
<PROGRAMSUBPATH> Programs/ </PROGRAMSUBPATH>
<VECTORSUBPATH> Vectors/ </VECTORSUBPATH>
<SETUPSUBPATH> Setups/ </SETUPSUBPATH>
<CACHESUBPATH> Temp/ </CACHESUBPATH>
<SKINSUBPATH> Skins/ </SKINSUBPATH>
<SETUPROMNAME> Rom.xml </SETUPROMNAME>
<WORKBUFFER> 131072 </WORKBUFFER>

The problem is that when I try to run the plug as an insert on an instrument track with a synth (tried NI fm8, NI absynth, and tal bass line), the audio cuts in and out, and the plug just behaves strangely in general.

Nebula "reverb version" is a high latency version of Nebula if you run thru a VST instrument you might decrease the buffer

Example:

<SKINNAME> HOMEMADERACK_REDARK.N2S </SKINNAME>
<NODROP> 1 </NODROP>
<LOADERPRIORITY> 1 </LOADERPRIORITY>
<MODE> 1 </MODE>
<DSPBUFFER> 8192 </DSPBUFFER>

to

<SKINNAME> HOMEMADERACK_REDARK.N2S </SKINNAME>
<NODROP> 1 </NODROP>
<MODE> 1 </MODE>
<DSPBUFFER> 1024 </DSPBUFFER>

My next step is to try and install the 32 bit version, and then use j-bridge. Anyone try that yet?

Working here but you still have long latency plus x86 RAM issues. Keep into x64 version...

Well in any case, I am very excited about nebula, and I hope that I can get it working on my system. If not, well it was a free DL so I don't really expect full product support or anything

Our beta group already make deep tests under Cubase x64, small tweaks will be enough to make Nebula x64 working into you PC.
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support.

MBP 11.5 (i7-4870 | 16 GB | 512 SDD)
SP4 (i5-6300 | 8 GB | 256 SDD)
RME UFX | PS Lyra2 | SD USBPre2
VM U15 | VM W10 | VM OSX 10.12
N4/NAT4 | SPX3 | RX5 | LN2C | Smaart8 | R5 | PT12 | PX10
enriquesilveti
Expert
Expert

Postby alanone » Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:52 pm

wow, thanks for the fast reply! here is my file thingy:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?>
<?generated by Nebula2 parser?>
<MASTER>
<MAGIC> 12gd </MAGIC>
<DATAPATH> c:\nebulatemprepository\ </DATAPATH>
<PROGRAMSUBPATH> Programs/ </PROGRAMSUBPATH>
<VECTORSUBPATH> Vectors/ </VECTORSUBPATH>
<SETUPSUBPATH> Setups/ </SETUPSUBPATH>
<SKINSUBPATH> Skins/ </SKINSUBPATH>
<CACHESUBPATH> Temp/ </CACHESUBPATH>
<SETUPROMNAME> Rom.xml </SETUPROMNAME>
<WORKBUFFER> 32768 </WORKBUFFER>
<HDIMMAX> 10 </HDIMMAX>
<METERTYPE> 4 </METERTYPE>
<OTIMED> 5 </OTIMED>
<OFREQD> 11 </OFREQD>
<PROGRAMRATE> 2000 </PROGRAMRATE>
<EXPORTAUDIOQUALITY> 1 </EXPORTAUDIOQUALITY>
<FORCEOFFSET> 1500 </FORCEOFFSET>
<LTIMED> 10000 </LTIMED>
<LFREQD> 20000 </LFREQD>
<GUIRATE> 79999 </GUIRATE>
<HDIM> 10 </HDIM>
<BPMDEFAULT> 120000 </BPMDEFAULT>
<AHEADLENGTH> 1496 </AHEADLENGTH>
<SCANBOOT> 1 </SCANBOOT>
<AUTOTHREAD> 0 </AUTOTHREAD>
<FASTBOOT> 1 </FASTBOOT>
<RATECONVERSION> 25000 </RATECONVERSION>
<FONTCOLOUR> 0 </FONTCOLOUR>
<SKINNAME> OverwriteMe.N2S </SKINNAME>
<NODROP> 0 </NODROP>
<MODE> 0 </MODE>
<DSPBUFFER> 128 </DSPBUFFER>
<MIDISTSMIX1> 176 </MIDISTSMIX1>
<MIDICTRMIX1> 127 </MIDICTRMIX1>
<MIDISTSMIX2> 176 </MIDISTSMIX2>
<MIDICTRMIX2> 127 </MIDICTRMIX2>
<MIDISTSMIX3> 176 </MIDISTSMIX3>
<MIDICTRMIX3> 127 </MIDICTRMIX3>
<MIDISTSMIX4> 176 </MIDISTSMIX4>
<MIDICTRMIX4> 127 </MIDICTRMIX4>
<MIDISTSMIX5> 176 </MIDISTSMIX5>
<MIDICTRMIX5> 127 </MIDICTRMIX5>
<MIDISTSMIX6> 176 </MIDISTSMIX6>
<MIDICTRMIX6> 127 </MIDICTRMIX6>
<MIDISTSMIX7> 176 </MIDISTSMIX7>
<MIDICTRMIX7> 127 </MIDICTRMIX7>
<MIDISTSMIX8> 176 </MIDISTSMIX8>
<MIDICTRMIX8> 127 </MIDICTRMIX8>
</MASTER>

Sorry, I am a bit of a noob when it comes to reading this stuff, but it looks like my file path is correct.

I just loaded it up again as an insert, and now when I select a setting in Nebula, there is no sound at all from the instrument track. I tried the non-reverb version, and used one of the programs under 'tape'. Perhaps I am doing something wrong? I am going to try jbridge, and see what happens. Thanks again for the help!
alanone
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby alanone » Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:05 pm

o.k., well now I am confused. Sorry for the double post, but I just fired up cubase again, because you said that it should work, and guess what? It works! I have no idea what happened, but now it works. Sounds great on the few things I have tried. I will definitely be saving my pennies for the pro version :D

Thanks again!
alanone
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby alanone » Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:02 am

o.k. back again! just some info:
so it happened again, while i was messing with tape programs, the audio just stopped for that track.

Another time, I got a weird thing where the track audio meter indicated that there was something coming out at full volume, and the little red 'clipping' indicator above the meter was lit. This was the case even when there was no sound coming from the track, and also there did not seem to be any effect from this besides visual, but i do like to have the level meter to see if I am clipping. In this case I was using several (3-5) inserts of nebula, just to see how much my processor could handle. Happy to say that even the reverb programs only use 1-3 % (according to windows task manager).

In both cases i removed the effected track and the problem went away. I was able to add a new track, with nebula instances, without restarting cubase. Kind of annoying, but i can't complain about a free plugin now can I :D

well I hope this helps, if there is anything i can do to help you nail down what is causing this problem, then let me know.
alanone
User Level 0
User Level 0

Return to Bugs