Login

Mac VST 64bit doesn't load protected 3rd party libraries

Serious issues

Re: Mac VST 64bit doesn't load protected 3rd party libraries

Postby gege » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:25 am

Looking forward to AITB full 64bit compatibility as well :)
gege
User Level VI
User Level VI

Postby enriquesilveti » Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:46 pm

gege wrote:Looking forward to AITB full 64bit compatibility as well :)

I'll ask Mirco.
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support.

MBP 11.5 (i7-4870 | 16 GB | 512 SDD)
SP4 (i5-6300 | 8 GB | 256 SDD)
RME UFX | PS Lyra2 | SD USBPre2
VM U15 | VM W10 | VM OSX 10.12
N4/NAT4 | SPX3 | RX5 | LN2C | Smaart8 | R5 | PT12 | PX10
enriquesilveti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby scooter » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:52 am

Hello

Any updates?

Thanks
-Scott
scooter

Postby andiw » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:30 pm

@aitb:

You did not reply to my email that I sent in September last year but maybe you tell us here what your plans on this subject are ...
my music: aj-guitar.com
andiw
User Level IX
User Level IX

Postby andiw » Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:56 pm

@acustica + @aitb:

Will I ever be able to use my bought aitb programs on 64bit?

This is not nice towards your customers.

No communication, nothing happens ...
my music: aj-guitar.com
andiw
User Level IX
User Level IX

Postby gege » Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:42 pm

I agree it would be great to know when..after all these months it's even going to happen within an ETA or never happen.

As I said several times, I think it's not good for a product, never, to leave old customers behind.

We're all here waiting AITB.
gege
User Level VI
User Level VI

Postby scooter » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:31 am

This is getting stupid....

I've contact AITB direct and still nothing to help. I got one reply saying they are waiting on something from Acustica Audio.

Just give me my libraries I've paid for, get your sh*t working and get rid of your stupid security protection... :evil:

My mammoth, APeQ and EAR have been sitting doing nothing. I've emailed AITB asking for my money back if they don't do anything, ASAP.
-Scott
scooter

Postby Mirco » Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:12 pm

Hi everyone,

1.) first of all, we always try to have a clean description on our product-pages and list which systems are supported (yet) and which not!

For most of the libraries the following applies:

System Requirements

PC: Nebula2, Nebula3 or Nebula3PRO/Server with installed commercial license - 32/64 Bit

Mac: Nebula3PRO/Server with installed commercial license - 32 Bit

And for users who use the Server Edition, this is only 64Bit under Windows. MAC is only 32Bit!

See this article:

http://www.acustica-audio.com/index.php ... Itemid=284

So, the products are fully 64Bit compatible under PC and 32Bit under MAC!

2.)

We have our reasons to have a protection to our products, we will NOT change that.
The last year have shown why! There are "cracked" versions of other nebula libraries
floating around now - but no single AITB product!

Authorizations are not linked to X64 problems or causing them, even if they are speculations
in the forums. This must be further investigated and can't be generalized.

To prove you we are doing everything we can, here an extract from an eMail with the ABLETON support:

Re: (Case ableton10816xxx) Nebula3 + AITB Reverbs + Live 9 + W7 x64 = Crash

"Hello Mirco,

this is Torsten from Ableton Technical Support.
We were in contactregarding testing an issue with Live in conjunction with Nebula and the AITB reverbs.....
you could provide me all the necessary AITB libraries,
the updated 636 beta installer and also info how to register and optimize Nebula for it."

3.)

For products which have been bought even before any Nebula x64 has been released,
we don't have to give any support! Being polite, we have offered many users the option to authorize the libraries a 2nd time!

Some users in this forum have used this option and also have bought & used the products before
even any NEBULA X64 has existed.

4.)

First X64 updates are planned and also communicated with our customers around february.
This will be EAR OR MAMMOTH! This is a slow process, which can't be done in just days,
everything has to be proven and checked again.
Same applies to other Vendors of VST's beside AA or AITB - the migration is a slow process!

5.) All libraries should also work with bridged versions under MAC, many users are doing this
and are happy about our products!

6.) For support ALWAYS use support@analoginthebox.com
Facebook, gslutz or other forums are not there to give support, we can't scan anything. We now have
a TICKETSYSTEM which will make it a lot easier for us and the customers, to communicate and track everything, till we have found a solution.
Please always use the referenced number after opening
a ticket. thank you.

7.) Please stop spreading false informations & have a little more patience! :-)

Thanks for listening,

Mirco
Mirco

Postby scooter » Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:21 pm

WOW!

@ Micro - you just won the award for the worst customer service response, by a company on the Internet for 2014! Congrats.

Both you and Acustica Audio have crippled my setup and with no support. I challenge you to name one 64bit Mac users that is happy with your products. How dare you say you DON'T have to support your paying customers. That is simply asinine! I have been a loyal customer for a very long time and own Mammoth, APeQ,EAR, both Fate & Snap Compressors, Doc Fear and the 1073 Fate eQ. That's quite a bit of kit I've purchased.

You guys have known about this issue for a full year now and done zero, form the customer's perspective. Look buddy, hopefully you can sense my frustration and I mean you no personal disrespect, but the way you are handling your Mac customers is simply unacceptable. I urge you to take a step back and creatively work towards helping your paying customers and give them a solution, ASAP. Especially your long standing and loyal customers who love your products, instead of dismissing us.

Also, who are you accusing of "spreading false information"? WTF is that all about?
-Scott
scooter

Postby gege » Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:37 pm

I think we should all avoid harsh tones.

I'm a developer myself, and I have the same problem since two years with Slate Digital and their always delayed porting of some of their plugins to 64bit.

As a business I understand that supporting customers who already paid for the 64bit is an expense that is not paid back immediately, but the same thing that I said to Steven Slate and Giancarlo here at Nebula, I'll say also to AITB (they were always super nice with me) and to all the other developers.

The change to 64bit is an expense you have to cover, despite all (including piracy) because if I pay for a software that requires 32bit and then the whole world changed to 64bit then you have to give me the same product but at 64bit.

It does not happen often such an epic change, but when it happens it must be done: if I spend hundreds I want to be sure that it has at least 5 or more years of life cycle, 64bit should have been priority for all devs before any new product.

I know it means potentially at a loss in short term, but not doing so will give loss in the long term as well, people will crack your old 32bit and will stay with those without giving you money even for new products.

Spending money in software is for customers not as comfortable as spending money for real objects..and this 32bit/64bit is what is giving to customers the feeling if trust a developer or not.

I understand 100% the point of view of AITB and AA, for them was really a pain in the * the 32/64 and the software piracy on top..but in the end, we like it or not, customer is always right, it's golden rule of any successful business.
gege
User Level VI
User Level VI

PreviousNext

Return to Bugs