Login

OSX 10.8.2

Serious issues

OSX 10.8.2

Postby HolB » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:16 pm

Hi,

When will you update Nebula Server for OSX Mountain Lion ?

Thanks
HolB
User Level I
User Level I

Re: OSX 10.8.2

Postby giancarlo » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:58 pm

really nebula is working in lion... but apple package maker installer is creating issues on permissions in few cases. It's very strange indeed. Since we don't understand the issue (it's very randomic, it happens only sometimes) it's possible we'll change the installer at all. Till that moment we'll not support lion officially. I suggest to test nebula3 free before buying, and if you urge to upgrade your system to contact us if it's not working, maybe replacing files manually it should start working
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby dpclarkson » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:21 am

I've always wondered why people just have
to update to the very latest version of OSX,
and complain about bugs and stability-issues afterwards.
'End rant'
dpclarkson

Postby ngarjuna » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:13 am

To be fair Lion is not a new operating system. At work we have some machines at 10.6, some at 10.7 and some at 10.8. I have found the Lion/MtLion machines (whether fresh install or updated from SL) to be more stable than the Snow Leopard ones. So there are reasons to update past the 2009 version of OS X.

The changes between Lion and Mountain Lion seemed benign compared to other major version updates (you can tell when Pro Tools doesn't shit the bed on the new version heh). So the thought of having a production environment at 10.8 doesn't seem blasphemous to me. Unfortunately due to this weird error Nebula can't support Lion+ which I also understand but I'm sure they'd love to figure it out and support Lion.
ngarjuna
Expert
Expert

Postby andiw » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:06 am

I found out that the unix file ownership of the /library/frameworks/Nebula.framework folder was 'wrong' when I moved the Nebula files from an older install to my new iMac 27 10.8.2

I changed the owner of the folder and all files beneath it to '<myusername>' an group to 'staff'

Now it works!
my music: aj-guitar.com
andiw
User Level IX
User Level IX

Return to Bugs