mmm ... CRASH CULPRIT found ?!?

Serious issues

mmm ... CRASH CULPRIT found ?!?

Postby RJHollins » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:57 am

... they said he was crazy ...
out of his mind ...
... lousy computer ...

ok ... maybe 2 out of 3 ain't so bad :roll:

Well ... time to time I'd have Nebula Server crash within REAPER. Often on first loading. MANY times when I'd try to access the KERN page.

Another issue was the fader display window would corrupt the numbers [the ones above the faders ONLY]. In the 'main' display was fine .... ok ... dealt with it.

The issue started when a 'graphics' change took place.
This also affected NAT. No longer could NATs' main window be spread across dual monitors without crashing immediately. Load a NEB instant, and trying to move it also crashed NAT. This was not good ... but ended up using VSTAnalyzer as a substitute. STILL miss NAT.

I sent all files to Enrique upon request to be modified or updated. Things were somewhat better ... still issues as before.

Sorry for the story ... hopefully gets better :o

About a month ago, mention of a 'skin' that allows finer tuning with longer throw faders. Interesting. Fellow Nebulite. Richie, hooks me up with a link.

Start to use this with one of my custom libraries made with NebulaSetUP.

Notice that I'm able to adjust my 'custom' without crashing issue ... yet my 'previous skinned' NEB is still having this random problem :?

Today I try to have 2 different skinned NEBs inserted, but my old one keeps coming up with a black screen. Sliding it over to 2nd monitor kinda redraws it. Clicking on INIT .... crashes.

In a NEW project, I load my old NEB ... get to the MAST page and switch to this new skin ... save it.

Return to troubled session ... load this newly re-skinned NEB ... hmmm ... load preset ... hmmm, hit KERN ... able to EDIT .... no crash :o
8-)

Only the skin was changed.

Originally using: Lite_GREY3_Fader.

New skin: SK Vintage MACH.

suspicions :twisted:

Prior to posting ... loaded NAT3. Tried to stretch ... crash :twisted:

Loaded again and MAX'd the screen.
Loaded the newly skinned Nebula ... no crash ... even moving it about. No crash. Still can leave main window, so stuck in 1 monitor display ... :twisted:

Secondary observation. The new skin does NOT corrupt the numeric display above the faders!

I present this drawn out, boring of a story ... as my doctor has told me I need to express my deeper frustrations ... so .... send complaints or critiques directly to him. He'll bill you just the same. :mrgreen:

I bet there's a way to post a pic of the suspect skin so as to alert others that may be inflicted to take note.

Also ... could any of the 'Skin Doctors' investigate?

Could we PLEASE get NAT fixed ... I would like to use it again.

Running XP-32 sp-3 with the latest nVidia drivers.

Thank-you ... I'm going to do more testing with this change to see if the first suggestions are valid :twisted:
:lol:
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Re: mmm ... CRASH CULPRIT found ?!?

Postby enriquesilveti » Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:00 pm

Skin change fix the crash issues in Reaper? Which file size have each one?
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support.

MBP 11.5 (i7-4870 | 16 GB | 512 SDD)
SP4 (i5-6300 | 8 GB | 256 SDD)
RME UFX | PS Lyra2 | SD USBPre2
VM U15 | VM W10 | VM OSX 10.12
N4/NAT4 | SPX3 | RX5 | LN2C | Smaart8 | R5 | PT12 | PX10
enriquesilveti
Expert
Expert

Re: mmm ... CRASH CULPRIT found ?!?

Postby RJHollins » Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:36 pm

enriquesilveti wrote:Skin change fix the crash issues in Reaper? Which file size have each one?

The questionable 'skin' is called:

LITE_GREY3_FADERS_DENSAVEN.N2S - 389 bytes

The new skin I'm now testing is called:

SK VINTAGE MACHINE SHARP FONTS.N2S - 713 bytes

Obviously different sizes due to different graphics and such.

However, this SK Vintage skin 'seems' to keep NEBULA more stable [still a random crash]. But the display seems to work better. Still testing.

If you need any additional info ... let me know!

Thanks Enrique.
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Return to Bugs