Login

Nebula 2 - (suddenly) loading too slow on Reaper

Serious issues

Nebula 2 - (suddenly) loading too slow on Reaper

Postby purest » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:37 pm

Hi!

Nebula 2 was working ok in my pc ,but since yesterday,started to take minutes(!!!) to open a Reaper(4.26)project

I´m using it only for mastering - 1 or 2 tracks per project,usually 5 or 6 instances of Mammoth eq - and it was running ok, taking 10 or 15 seconds for loading/open the project, until yesterday...

1)I checked the HD speed, it´s ok.
2)Did a search but din´t found anyone with similar situation
3)It only happens when I´m using Nebula.On task manager (win XP) CPU jumps to 50% when loading and memory runs veeery slow (2,3, sometimes 5 minutes(!) to open a project with high memory usage).I have 2GB (Kingston, dual channel).
4)Reinstaled Nebula 2 and didn´t solved.

Thanks!
purest
User Level 0
User Level 0

Re: Nebula 2 - (suddenly) loading too slow on Reaper

Postby Benjaminjo » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:28 pm

Same problem in Ableton Live here, all was good until last week, now when I open one instance of Nebula it takes ages to get to the Init state.
Benjaminjo
User Level III
User Level III

Postby enriquesilveti » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:09 pm

1. Check that your KEY is OK.
2. Check that you are running 1.3.505 version.
3. In NebulaTempRepository/Setups/ folder delete ~scanboot.xml file.
4. In NebulaTempRepository/Temp delete all .XML files that you will see inside.
5. Run Nebula again.
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support.

MBP 11.5 (i7-4870 | 16 GB | 512 SDD)
SP4 (i5-6300 | 8 GB | 256 SDD)
RME UFX | PS Lyra2 | SD USBPre2
VM U15 | VM W10 | VM OSX 10.12
N4/NAT4 | SPX3 | RX5 | LN2C | Smaart8 | R5 | PT12 | PX10
enriquesilveti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby purest » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:17 pm

Enrique:

I didn´t had the 1.3.505 version , downloaded and instaled, and deleted the files, but doens´t helped (sorry enrique - I tried it before the step 1 :oops: ) - could you help me with the "key"? where I found it? I have a licenseauthorization file only.

Gracias amigo!

EDIT:

ops, I really missed something... The version 505 doens´t instaled, Nebula display says "acustica loader ver 1.3.504".Need I a new authorization (key?)for the new version?

thanks!
purest
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby RJHollins » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:25 am

purest wrote:Enrique:

I didn´t had the 1.3.505 version , downloaded and instaled, and deleted the files, but doens´t helped (sorry enrique - I tried it before the step 1 :oops: ) - could you help me with the "key"? where I found it? I have a licenseauthorization file only.

Gracias amigo!

EDIT:

ops, I really missed something... The version 505 doens´t instaled, Nebula display says "acustica loader ver 1.3.504".Need I a new authorization (key?)for the new version?

thanks!

If you do an 'INSTALL' ... you'll wipe your authorization key.

'UPGRADE' is what you would use to maintain your authorization, as well as using the newest version.
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby enriquesilveti » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:55 am

1. Uninstall everything
2. Install Setup Nebula2 WIN 1.3.505
3. Request a KEY
4. Try again

Read this:

5. Installation
Nebula is build in a installer setup for PC and MAC. Installer setups contains all system files and demo key after run an installer setup you should update to the last stable release running a upgrade setup.
Acustica Audio provides to 3rd party developers an automatic library installation available for PC and MAC.

IMPORTANT: Due NAT is only a PC x86 application you should install x86 and x64 version for run it.

5.1. Software and plug-in installation PC
Nebula build in an installer setup that will ask for two main folders. First installer will ask for VST plug-ins folder path and second will ask for the extra plug-in support installation folder path called NebulaTempRepository. You are free to choose both folders but you should use the same location with version upgrades to avoid errors and issues.

1. Run installer.
2. Click on next.
3. Accept the terms of the license agreement.
4. Click on next.
5. Select the VST plug-in folder path.
6. Click on next.
7. Select the plug-in support installation folder path, this is the NebulaTempRepository.
8. Click on next.
9. Click on finish.

IMPORTANT: If you plan to use Nebula FREE and Nebula commercial in the same computer you should choose a different program file folder for each installer setup (e.g. Nebula3PROTempRepository for Nebula3 PRO and Nebula3 FREE Nebula3FREETempRepository)

IMPORTANT: Nebula VST plug-in will copy in the selected VST folder path but inside a folder called Acustica.

5.5. Version upgrade PC/MAC
Nebula upgrade is build in an installer setup that will upgrade your product to the last available version. PC version will ask again for the both folder locations instead MAC version that will use the default ones.
Last installation setups and upgrade setups are ready for download in Acustica Audio website, user area, downloads.

IMPORTANT: Installation setups always installs factory INIT emulation preset instead upgrade setups. If your any reason you need to run an installation setup and your already authorize Nebula, you should backup before your INIT emulation preset (INIT.N2V and INIT.N2P files)

5.7.1 Uninstall PC
Nebula setup include an automatic uninstaller located into control panel, add or remove programs.

6. Registration and activation

Nebula use a challenger response anti-copy authorization system. After first run Nebula will generate a .SER file in the plug-in support installation folder called NebulaTempRepository folder (in PC this path can be changed in the installation setup however is fixed in MAC and the path is Mac HD/Library/Audio/Presets/AcusticaAudio/Nebula3/). This file should be sent to Acustica Audio to generate a custom customer key, you can send in an attachment to info@acusticaudio.com or upload in user area, my authorizations. A custom customer key will send from Acustica Audio for replace the demo key, removing any restriction so you will able to load any emulation preset. Be aware that the customer key is the INIT emulation preset that Nebula use for initialized and that means INIT emulation preset, customer key and INIT.N2V and INIT.N2P are the same thing.

You can get more information about Acustica Audio product registration and activation here, Acustica Audio Products Key F.A.Q.: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=362&rb_v=viewtopic

IMPORTANT: To verify if a customer key is installed in your DAW, run Nebula and go to DISK page. If the are numbers under REGISTERED parameter your Nebula is unregistered.

IMPORTANT: If you plan to update your hardware or OS you will need a new key. If you install your old key will be a unequal between the .SER file and the custom customer key and Nebula will unable to detect that.

IMPORTANT: Acustica Audio custom key delivery takes less than 24 hours on working days and less than 72 hours on weekends.
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support.

MBP 11.5 (i7-4870 | 16 GB | 512 SDD)
SP4 (i5-6300 | 8 GB | 256 SDD)
RME UFX | PS Lyra2 | SD USBPre2
VM U15 | VM W10 | VM OSX 10.12
N4/NAT4 | SPX3 | RX5 | LN2C | Smaart8 | R5 | PT12 | PX10
enriquesilveti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Return to Bugs