Login

Blinking "sampling" arrow

Serious issues

Blinking "sampling" arrow

Postby jelmet » Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:39 am

I've just remembered a problem that I had a while ago:
When using 96K programs at a 96K session on Reaper 4 under MacOS 10.6.8 (it happened at 10.6.1 too), when I close the session and re-open it, the "sampling" arrow is blinking an the Nebula is showing 96->44.1
Am I doing something wrong?
My setup is attached!
Thanks!
Attachments
_setup.jpg
_setup.jpg (125.79 KiB) Viewed 2802 times
jelmet
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Re: Blinking "sampling" arrow

Postby Mercado_Negro » Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:05 am

Yeah, that's "normal" in REAPER. The problem with REAPER, and something I've been trying to make devs change but noone seems to care though it affects people using VSTis like Kontakt which load samples, is it changes the project sample rate AFTER it fully loads the project, i.e., if you load a 44.1kHz project (or your default startup project SR is 44.1kHz) and then load a 96kHz project, REAPER will switch the sample rate after it's fully loaded which means that all VSTis using samples and/or plug-ins like Nebula using sample, will never know the sample rate changed. It's a PAIN to open projects at different sample rates in REAPER when there are Nebulas in them, you have to reload all programs in each instance manually, sigh.
i7 3770k :: Asus P8H77-V LE :: 16Gb DDR3 @1600MHz :: Geforce GT 520 :: OCZ-Vertex 128Gb :: WD Black Series 1Tb and Green Series 1Tb :: F*******e Liquid56 :: REAPER 64bit and StudioOne 64bit (both latest versions) :: Win 10 64bit
Mercado_Negro
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby ericus » Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:32 am

Mercado_Negro wrote:Yeah, that's "normal" in REAPER. The problem with REAPER, and something I've been trying to make devs change but noone seems to care though it affects people using VSTis like Kontakt which load samples, is it changes the project sample rate AFTER it fully loads the project, i.e., if you load a 44.1kHz project (or your default startup project SR is 44.1kHz) and then load a 96kHz project, REAPER will switch the sample rate after it's fully loaded which means that all VSTis using samples and/or plug-ins like Nebula using sample, will never know the sample rate changed. It's a PAIN to open projects at different sample rates in REAPER when there are Nebulas in them, you have to reload all programs in each instance manually, sigh.

Or you cheat like me and you go to File/Projet Settings, put the Project Sample rate at 96khz (or the sample rate of the project you want to work on) and click "Save as default project settings". Then, you close and reload your projet and no more blinking arrow. It works for me. Try it
ericus

Postby Mercado_Negro » Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:57 am

ericus wrote:Or you cheat like me and you go to File/Projet Settings, put the Project Sample rate at 96khz (or the sample rate of the project you want to work on) and click "Save as default project settings". Then, you close and reload your projet and no more blinking arrow. It works for me. Try it

It won't work for me. I have a default startup project which REAPER always loads before loading a new project and I don't understand why it does that. I can't even load it twice. I've tried everything and nothing works.
i7 3770k :: Asus P8H77-V LE :: 16Gb DDR3 @1600MHz :: Geforce GT 520 :: OCZ-Vertex 128Gb :: WD Black Series 1Tb and Green Series 1Tb :: F*******e Liquid56 :: REAPER 64bit and StudioOne 64bit (both latest versions) :: Win 10 64bit
Mercado_Negro
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby jelmet » Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:14 am

Ericus,

It works for me!!! Thanks a lot!
It's a work-around but it's a lot better than re-loading all Nebula's instances!!!
Thanks again!
jelmet
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby ericus » Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:38 am

Mercado_Negro wrote:It won't work for me. I have a default startup project which REAPER always loads before loading a new project and I don't understand why it does that. I can't even load it twice. I've tried everything and nothing works.

Maybe a preference thingy? Like in Reaper preferences/Project/Load template project when starting up and not loading last project.

I hope you'll be able to fix this problem. :?
ericus

Postby Mercado_Negro » Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:47 am

ericus wrote:Maybe a preference thingy? Like in Reaper preferences/Project/Load template project when starting up and not loading last project.

I hope you'll be able to fix this problem. :?

Nope, that won't work either. Thanks for the ideas, though :)
Mercado_Negro
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby richie43 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:53 am

Reaper did that to me for a long time until I figured out that if I change the sample rate in the soundcard/interface after setting the default project setting, then restart Reaper, I was able to load Nebula at the right sample rate and no more blinking arrow.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby RJHollins » Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:33 am

hmmm ... I wonder if THAT was the issue with
the 'METAPlugin' .... although we have a newer version
that I need to test more.

Very interest in this ISSUE, as I'm planning on a
switchover to Reaper [and Nebula is main plug].

thanks
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby jelmet » Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:19 pm

The workaround thakes 3 or 4 cliks and 5 seconds... so... it's good for me, for now ;)
jelmet
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Next

Return to Bugs