Login

Reaper issue with the new AlexB PRO releases.

Serious issues

Reaper issue with the new AlexB PRO releases.

Postby RJHollins » Fri May 21, 2010 7:33 am

This is strange ...

OK, if I may ... this all started when attempting to
get this ddmf 'METAPLUG' behaving with Nebula. It seems that this plug [when a patch was recalled] would switch Nebula sampling rate from 44.1k -> 16k.
Others have noted this 'bug' ... but some mentioned that everything worked in REAPER ... ok.

So I grab the latest demo to check it out.

The convenience in mastering to realtime 'split' a stereo track and send this into the various console, pre-amp, panners, & tape would be marvelous :)

So I start-up REAPER, load in commercial version of Metaplug, and head for the new PRO consoles from AlexB. hmmm ... they ALMOST load, but revert to INIT. None of the 'other' libs do this.
So I go back to my main app [WaveLAB6] and load Nebula with any and all of the PRO releases ... and everything is fine ... they all work. EXCEPT in REAPER!

and ... lo and behold ... the SAME samplerate issue in Metaplug seems to happen in REAPER ... so I don't know where or what the problem is.

Anyway ... any REAPER/AlexB-Pro users ... what the heck am I doing wrong?

And to the working Metaplug users .... are you SURE ???
Save out a preset, then load it back in ... and check the samplerate on the 1st page.

I await any and all insights :)

Thank-you.
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Re: Reaper issue with the new AlexB PRO releases.

Postby RJHollins » Tue May 25, 2010 11:50 pm

i'm the only one :cry:
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby RJHollins » Thu May 27, 2010 9:16 am

Alright ... the 'issue' has been SOLVED :D

Had a client over with a laptop ... and he had
made a 'portable' version of his copy of REAPER for
use off a USB drive [pretty cool actually].

Myself ... I've been trying to track down the problem
with ddmf's METAPLUG, that screws-up Nebula samplerate.

We loaded in 'portable' REAPER off his USB stick on my main computer, and during 'testing' had found this issue with AlexB's PRO release [only].

Well, after seeing REAPER for the first time ... it was rather impressive with its features and layout. Not to shabby. Even though I don't do multi-tracking everyday, I still need one from time to time, and decided to download the full REAPER demo.

Lo and Behold ... ALL of the AlexB PRO release load just fine [like they do in my other apps].

STILL ... that METAPLUG does not work correctly :(

However, the other day ... tried out Plogue BiDULE.

This is a very interesting app/vst plug. With it I can [in real time] split a stereo WAV file and process each side independently. Definitely what I needed to do [even though WaveLAB has a virtual split, it must be configured for each track ... and the plugs must be assembled manually each time]. Now I can save off pre-sets of stereo consoles complete with Neb EQ's and tapes, to use within WaveLAB or even REAPER. :mrgreen:

Anyway ... want to dispel any 'bug' rumors.

But still I hope ddmf can solve the samplerate changing issue ... I've contacted the author several times ... just waiting to hear back from my latest email.

This type of plug would certainly be very useful to anyone dealing with mastering of stereo files. The resultant processing is nothing short of amazing. I can't believe I'm saying this about ITB audio.
:shock:
:D

RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby david1103 » Thu May 27, 2010 12:04 pm

But still I hope ddmf can solve the samplerate changing issue ... I've contacted the author several times ... just waiting to hear back from my latest email.

interesting stuff. please do post his reply here, i am keen to try this plug but don't want to 'beta test' it ;)
david1103
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Return to Bugs