Serious issues

Postby magic » Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:42 am

I decided to post because I was using for mastering Nebula Pro with samplitude 11. After 3 open instances + or less It's crashing if I open new instances. I can loose libraries etc.... a true hell when I'm in mastering.
Giancarlo told me it's because samp is 32bits.
Are there experience of people working with samplitude + Nebula pro without any crash.
It's sad because I don't use Nebula anymore, so much a waste of time with crash in mastering.
Will this work with samp 12 going 64bits?
thank you for your help
I'm on windows XP
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby Arne » Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:02 am

I am using Nebula Pro with Sam 11.2.1. I have also tested with SAM Pro X (12) 64 bit and have not found any problems. I am running Nebula Reverb Pro 1.3.499n (Experimental) and find it stable, more CPU and RAM friendly.

Samplitude 11.2.1 crashes occasionally when RAM is pushed beyond 2GB usage. This happens to me when trying to open a RAM intensive project.

My experience of best performance is to run Nebula Pro as a jBridge instance. This to avoid hitting the 32bit architect RAM limitations. You should also consider to use Nebula server either locally or remote to run Nebula Pro "outside" Sam`s ram environment. In my case running the server locally increases CPU load compared to jBridge.

Also, check your DSP buffer settings in Nebula Pro Reverb XML file. To optimize your performance make sure your buffer is tuned for best performance when mastering. You may have to adjust your ASIO settings as well for best performance.

The Nebula Server is under constant development and I am pretty sure that server performance will very soon be the best option for extensive use of Nebula in large projects.

Please note; I am on Win7 64 bit, and have no experience with how Nebula performs on XP.
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby enriquesilveti » Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:02 pm

+1. Nothing too add, Samplitude 11 pro here, waiting for Samplitude X suites eng release....
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support.

MBP 11.5 (i7-4870 | 16 GB | 512 SDD)
SD USBPre2 | RME UFX | PS Lyra2
SPX2 | R5 | PT12 | T7 | RX5 | CE8 | Smaart8 | VEP5 | WLE9 | LN2C | NM2 | NS2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby mathias » Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:47 pm

i am working with samplitude 10 on windows xp.
it have no issues, all is stable.
i use the newest nebula3pro, sometimes with local server (i own the server version of nebula), to circumvent ram-shortness.
look if you reach your ram limit and try different buffersettings in nebula and samplitude.

system 1: windows 8 32 bit - samplitude prox, tracktion6, reaper
system 2: mac osx yosemite - reaper(32+64bit), tracktion6(32+64bit)

both systems on: macbook pro (late 2009), core 2 duo 3,06 ghz, 4 gb ram, graphic: nvidia geforce 9600M GT 512 MB
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Return to Bugs