Login

Nebula 3pro64 &Alex B authorization + phase issues

Serious issues

Nebula 3pro64 &Alex B authorization + phase issues

Postby marcus67 » Tue May 11, 2010 7:18 am

Hi Giancarlo,

Thanks for all you r hard work on this amazing program. I am using Nebual 3 coreII 64 in windows 7 64 Cubase5. The version is 291 (I know there is a newer version for the non 64, but I am not sure if there is a newer version for 64).

I cannot generate the SER files for the new Alex B pro programs.

Also, when I use Nebula as a send, for instance Revox in the cdsoundmaster R2R lib, it is out of phase..as if the Cubase delay compensation is not working with Nebula.

I cannot find a new release for Nebula 64 on this site or forum...perhaps I am blind.

Thanks in advance for your help.
marcus67
User Level I
User Level I

Re: Nebula 3pro64 &Alex B authorization + phase issues

Postby marcus67 » Tue May 11, 2010 7:29 am

found the latest neb3 pro64...didn't realize it was released. Should solve the issues.
marcus67
User Level I
User Level I

Postby marcus67 » Tue May 11, 2010 8:35 am

SER issue solved, but now MBCpro crashes Cubase 5 upon loading, every time.

Also, the phase issue has only do to with R2R, not sure about all other programs, and the issue is still there. I will contact Michael about this...could be normal for what the programs do with phase....it is just that the spectrum that is canceled is vast, almost all frequencies seem effected.
marcus67
User Level I
User Level I

Postby giancarlo » Tue May 11, 2010 8:46 am

marcus67 wrote:SER issue solved, but now MBCpro crashes Cubase 5 upon loading, every time.

Also, the phase issue has only do to with R2R, not sure about all other programs, and the issue is still there. I will contact Michael about this...could be normal for what the programs do with phase....it is just that the spectrum that is canceled is vast, almost all frequencies seem effected.

IRs in tape programs have slow transients, so I think it's not easy to synchronize perfectly. It happens if you use a real tape too (especially if you cut it and try to syncrhonize audio, you'll find the same issues). Are you sure the key of MBC was installed correctly?
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby marcus67 » Tue May 11, 2010 9:28 am

Thanks for the info regarding tape. I reinstalled MBCpro a couple of times and the issue remains. I even messed around a bit with the soundcard's latency settings...same issue. The crash did not occur in pro 64 version 291, but I am only still trying to generate the SER files for MBCpro, so it is not a true load. Again, it worked fine for all the other Alex B pro programs. Will write back in a few minutes.
marcus67
User Level I
User Level I

Postby marcus67 » Tue May 11, 2010 9:42 am

ha! A good old fashion computer reboot solved the issue!
marcus67
User Level I
User Level I

Postby tumburu » Tue May 11, 2010 4:11 pm

Not wanting to be an a**hole but this new protection thing is more or less a PITA.
tumburu
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby david1103 » Tue May 11, 2010 5:59 pm

i agree on the protection. i am now having to wait to authorize and use my new BMQ Pro till a new version of nebula (as i had bugs with the latest build and my current one is too old to use this new protection system)

i just wrote and deleted a whole rant, i don't want to upset the wonderful alexb who has worked so hard on this stuff. i just think its a mistake and won't comment again.

maybe nebula 4 should be ilocked to death and air payed off in used notes at the back of a railway station... :D
david1103
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby tumburu » Tue May 11, 2010 6:05 pm

I really hope not iloked or anything physical. The irony is that Nebula was never cracked :roll:

Anyway..
tumburu
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby giancarlo » Wed May 12, 2010 6:03 am

well, this protection is a feature available to developers, but only if they want it. Since they are not able to write c++ code, I coded it for them, something generic they could tune for each particular library or standalone plugins.
Maybe someone could be so nice to find a different solution for them, the nebula architecture is OPEN, as I explained a lot of times. Alexb want the protection, this is a requisite and is mandatory for developing new libraries on his side. If you are going to code a protection for developers or for him contact me. You need to code for
mac osx
win32
win64

at the same time. Every suggestion is welcome. Coding a protection is damn easy.
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Next

Return to Bugs