Login

Nebula doesn´t work

Serious issues

Nebula doesn´t work

Postby babiuk » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:10 pm

Hello,
I´ve been for a long time without using Nebula, I have Nebula3 Pro and my PC was ill and I had to reinstall windows xp with norton ghost so I got back to a previous installation wich includes nebula3pro. The problem is that when I open cubase and charge nebula in a track it doesn´t do anything, I cannot use the input output controls, they keep at 0 and I cannot not move them. I tried to download the last update but I can not install it, it appears a box saying:

Error opening file for woriting:
C/WINDOWS/System32/ippcore-5.1.dll

So please help me about me, I´d thank you a lot. It´s a few months from the last time I used it and I don´t remember well how it worked. Ask me for the info you need cos I´m not able to get it working.
THanks in advance
babiuk
User Level XI
User Level XI

Re: Nebula doesn´t work

Postby Arne » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:45 pm

The error means that Nebula may be in use. Close all applications running Nebula including the server (if installed) then re-run the upgrade installer. Did you change hard drive for your nebulatemprepository? If you run the installer not the upgrade installer you may have to run your license file again. If you changed hard drive you will need to request your license from Acustica again. Finally check the vst XML file.
Arne
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby babiuk » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:39 pm

Thanks for replying. I don´t have the server, but anyway I restart windows and now the upgrade worked. But when I open nebula 3 it appears with nebula 3 free skin (I had instaleled the old free version a long time ago, when I began with nebula and later I obught the Pro 3)and in the screen of nebula I can see a list of things:

Acustica loader 1.3.290
and now it appears 8 lines saying ok for everything but the last one says "Program #0 not valid".
It´s very strange because I did run the upgrade 1.3.495. Any idea?
Thanks
babiuk
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby giancarlo » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:45 pm

1.3.290 is ancient....
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby babiuk » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:57 pm

It doesn´t work anyway.
I think maybe this installation didn´t have the nebula 3 pro installed so I have installed it and I run the license file that nebula people sent me and then I run the upgrade to 1.3.495.
And now when I open cubase and I charge an instance of nebula3 it appears like nebula 3 but it looks like loading something and it says in the screen "Acoustica loader 1.3.495" and it list 8 lines, with the last line saying that "Program #0 not valid"
I cannot do anything in the nebula instance, it doesn´t appear the list, master... buttons, it has no behaviour in any way.
Please could you be so kind of help me?
I don´t know what to do
babiuk
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby TranscendingMusic » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:04 pm

That message most likely means your INIT files were deleted or corrupted. Uninstall what you have now. Start clean. Run the latest "Setup" file there is. Then your license. If there are any more recent "Upgrades" then run that. Be vigilant of where everything is being installed.
mixing | mastering
Win 10 x64 | Sonar Platinum x64 | 3930K(OC)
TranscendingMusic
Expert
Expert

Postby enriquesilveti » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:07 pm

Hello babiuk. Seems like that your a running Nebula with out a correct customer key: http://www.acustica-audio.com/forum/ind ... =viewtopic. Request a new one to support.
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support.

MBP 11.5 (i7-4870 | 16 GB | 512 SDD)
SP4 (i5-6300 | 8 GB | 256 SDD)
RME UFX | PS Lyra2 | SD USBPre2
VM U15 | VM W10 | VM OSX 10.12
N4/NAT4 | SPX3 | RX5 | LN2C | Smaart8 | R5 | PT12 | PX10
enriquesilveti
Expert
Expert

Postby babiuk » Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:42 pm

thanks for the posts and replies to all.
I have readed the link you gave me and I did everything, I installed again nebula 3 and the upgrade, and the license key I had, but when I look at the init.n2p file I see that is from 2008 so I deleted it. But now I cannot see any .ser file to upload to you, so what can I do? I have reinstalled several times neb3 but no .ser appears.
babiuk
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby giancarlo » Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:59 pm

send the number you read in mast or disk page of nebula
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby babiuk » Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:10 pm

Nebula even doesn´t charge so I cannot see it