Login

Urgent - Nebula Pro 3 Not Releasing RAM when unloaded!

Serious issues

Urgent - Nebula Pro 3 Not Releasing RAM when unloaded!

Postby faun2500 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:19 pm

Hi,

My specs. Windows 7 32bit. 4gig DDR3 Ram (3 usable) Pentium 4 quad core. Nebula Pro 3, Reaper.

I have noticed a problem with Nebula that is causing me a lot of hassle. I will try to explain exaltly what is happening.

I am working on a project and I am staring to render the tracks to audio with various console and EQ through nebula. So I open Reaper and then open windows task manager performance tab to check the RAM usage (I have to do this because Reaper closes when the FREE number gets to zero).

Say that there is 1078 MB Physical Memory before I start loading instances of Nebula. After I have loaded say 6 instances with EQ's and consoles the amount of FREE RAM in task manager will be considerably lower (250 MB or less for example).

I then render this track and re-import it. I can then remove the original track with the 6 instances of nebula on and then start the procedure for the next track.

THE PROBLEM is that once I have unloaded the original track and Nebula, the FREE RAM in windows task manager does NOT go back up much (if any). This means I can not add any more instances of Nebula because Reaper will close.

The only way to get the RAM back is to save Reaper, Restart windows and open Reaper again and the free RAM is back up to 1078 (for example).

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE tell me there is a fix for this as it is becoming a big problem for me and I know some others are having problems with Nebula GUI not loading in Reaper (this is the same problem).
Forthcoming releases on: Black Heart Label, Hyperdrive and Transfixion. http://soundcloud.com/100mg. 6 FREE Downloads on my soundcloud page. Nebula ALL over these trax!
faun2500
Vip Member
Vip Member

Re: Urgent - Nebula Pro 3 Not Releasing RAM when unloaded!

Postby Mplay » Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:59 pm

You can take effect off-line (instead of bypass), this frees up ram
Mplay

Postby faun2500 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:11 pm

Hi, I didn't mention bypass. I REMOVE the instances of nebula and the ram stays the same. (unloading could help in some cases tho)

Thanks.
Forthcoming releases on: Black Heart Label, Hyperdrive and Transfixion. http://soundcloud.com/100mg. 6 FREE Downloads on my soundcloud page. Nebula ALL over these trax!
faun2500
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby faun2500 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:08 pm

So WHY has the developers not responded here? :roll:
faun2500
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby Barendse » Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:34 pm

Same problems overhere. It takes about 5 minutes to unload the RAM after closing a Cubase project with 50 Nebula instances. Don't know if this is a Nebula issue (Windows 7 64 bit/Q6600/8G RAM).
Barendse
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby enriquesilveti » Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:58 pm

More RAM does not means not RAM fragmentation. Please report it with a LOG, Acustica Audio crash or bug report > http://www.acustica-audio.com/forum/ind ... =viewtopic
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support.

MBP 11.5 (i7-4870 | 16 GB | 512 SDD)
SP4 (i5-6300 | 8 GB | 256 SDD)
UFX | Lyra2 | USBPre2
VM U15 | VM Win10 | VM OSX 10.12
N4/NAT4 | SPX3 | RX5 | LN2C | Smaart8 | R5 | PT12 | PX10 | NIK5
enriquesilveti
Expert
Expert

Postby faun2500 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:54 pm

Nebula doesn't seem to crash but Reaper disappears/closes.

I don't know how to do crash logs and such, I'm sorry I'm only a user not a developer.

Fact is, Nebula OR Reaper is causing this and I need to sort it out.
faun2500
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby elam » Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:36 pm

faun2500 wrote:I don't know how to do crash logs and such, I'm sorry I'm only a user not a developer.
:roll:

Check the link Enrique send you,read it and send it back to them ...
You're a musician...? That mean that you're a little electronician,electrician,computer savy,mathematician,sound engineer, sidekick,etc,etc...it comes with it ...

As for a possible solution, check some free RAM manager/optimizer on the web.I don't have no names in mind but it's easy to find.It can help you, while the AA team try to find a solution.

Good luck.
elam
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby dpclarkson » Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:53 pm

The same happens here in Logic 9.1.3.
It's a known issue; I resolve it by just rebooting Logic.
OSX doesn't need to be rebooted.
A fix would be better, though...
How's that 'RAM-distribution' coming?
dpclarkson

Postby faun2500 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:54 am

So its not only me - that's good then! :lol:

But it needs a fix fast. I go from 1.5 gig free RAM down to 100MB in 5 minutes with nebula.

After rendering and deleting all the instances of Nebula my RAM is still very low and my PC needs a restart!

Sort this out please!
faun2500
Vip Member
Vip Member

Next

Return to Bugs