Login

Reaper Application Error crash with NEBULA

Serious issues

Re: Reaper Application Error crash with NEBULA

Postby enriquesilveti » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:11 am

Email responded!

Did you try this? First try this in Reaper: please right-click Nebula in the FX browser and check "save minimal undo states", if the problem persists we know at least that it wasn't that either.
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support.

MBP 11.5 (i7-4870 | 16 GB | 512 SDD)
SP4 (i5-6300 | 8 GB | 256 SDD)
UFX | Lyra2 | USBPre2
VM U15 | VM Win10 | VM OSX 10.12
N4/NAT4 | SPX3 | RX5 | LN2C | Smaart8 | R5 | PT12 | PX10 | NIK5
enriquesilveti
Expert
Expert

Postby RJHollins » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:20 pm

enriquesilveti wrote:Email responded!

Did you try this? First try this in Reaper: please right-click Nebula in the FX browser and check "save minimal undo states", if the problem persists we know at least that it wasn't that either.

ABSOLUTELY tried that. I posted this a few messages back.

Since checking "minimal undo states" in Reaper, I have been able to move through preset, and have not crashed. :D

I not sure how this 'option' affects how 'UNDO' works with the Nebula plug ... still waiting to hear back from 'Ollie' for what's next.

My additional testing last night was to rename back to my 'other' Reaper folder that had my customizations. Being sure that "minimal undo states" was still active, we were running ... again no crash!

Very positive ... yes.

Still, after months of dealing with this issue multi times a day ... I'm, yet, hesitant to declare victory ... lets just say I'm encourage.

BTW ... Anyone else using the '"minimal undo states"'
with Reaper/Nebula ???

Sincerely.
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby RJHollins » Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:58 pm

note:

All requested files & report have been emailed !
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby enriquesilveti » Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:33 pm

acustica and nebulatemprepository edited by hand (like operator in matix!).

acustica folder
1. Tweaked Master page .XML files
2. Deleted obsolete files.

nebulatemprepository folder
1. Deleted obsolete files in nebulatemprepository
2. Deleted all files in Documents folder, please use other big/slow HDD to store documents.
3. Deleted obsolete files in Nat folder
4. Deleted obsolete files in Setups folder
5. Edited Rom.xml
6. Deleted all files less skin in use in skins folder, please use other big/slow HDD to store skins.

Uploading and sending email now.
Enrique Silveti.

UFX | Lyra2 | USBPre2
enriquesilveti
Expert
Expert

Postby RJHollins » Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:23 am

enriquesilveti wrote:acustica and nebulatemprepository edited by hand (like operator in matix!).

acustica folder
1. Tweaked Master page .XML files
2. Deleted obsolete files.

nebulatemprepository folder
1. Deleted obsolete files in nebulatemprepository
2. Deleted all files in Documents folder, please use other big/slow HDD to store documents.
3. Deleted obsolete files in Nat folder
4. Deleted obsolete files in Setups folder
5. Edited Rom.xml
6. Deleted all files less skin in use in skins folder, please use other big/slow HDD to store skins.

Uploading and sending email now.

Hi Enrique,

hmmm ... wow, I didn't expect all this! Thank-you for taking the time and effort to correct/streamline my installation!

BTW ... I thought you were excellent in the matrix! :lol:

I've downloaded the file you sent ... I yet have swap out the replacement files.

Apologies first ... but I do have questions to ask of you [if you'd be so kind].

First and foremost ... Why the need to have to edit/ modify the various files? I thought that when I upgraded from Neb Pro 3 to the Server edition, that I had to do a clean install. I've never gone in and changed or modify the installed files ... other than adding the 'debug log' function.

2. The BIGGER question. The changes that you have made ... are these to address the crashes that I was having in Reaper [which seem to smooth out after clicked 'save minimal undo state'], which, BTW, seems only a temporary work around. No word back from the Reaper guys as to a working fix.

OR ... where the changes made to address the library load errors that were in Nebula.Log ?? If so ... what was causing that problem.

Basically asking, was my install just screwed up ??? It seemed NO one else was reporting these 2 major issues :!: Was it my setup ... and only me :shock:

I'm seriously trying/ needing to understand what was wrong, what needed fixing, and the reasons in the first place. Nebula is a critical component, and a MAJOR reason for me to invest in building a new mastering/ mixing room. The near future plan to utilize the Server to farm to external computers is the plan of course.

I ask so that I can better understand AND hope NOT to need tech support. [but I'm glad its there!] 8-)

Other minor questions ...

Why the issue of moving documents, skins, etc, OUT of the main nebulatemprepository ? These folders are there from the original install. Why would we not keep organized all in one place ?? I certain don't understand the internal workings, but, is Nebula having to scan through all these files ?? Does it somehow affect performance ?? Was this causing the Reaper crashes ??

Again ... much apologies for the barrage of questions. I'm very thank-you for all your support around the board ... I'm just trying to get a better understanding.

Unless I catch my 3rd or 4th wind tonite ... I think I'll start the file replace and testing tomorrow, after a bit of sleep.

I very much look forward to hearing back, and hope that can get educated :mrgreen:

Sincerely ... Thank-you!

RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby enriquesilveti » Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:16 pm

First and foremost ... Why the need to have to edit/ modify the various files? I thought that when I upgraded from Neb Pro 3 to the Server edition, that I had to do a clean install. I've never gone in and changed or modify the installed files ... other than adding the 'debug log' function.

Outdated files due the constant changes and improvements in Nebula and Acustica Audio products.

2. The BIGGER question. The changes that you have made ... are these to address the crashes that I was having in Reaper [which seem to smooth out after clicked 'save minimal undo state'], which, BTW, seems only a temporary work around. No word back from the Reaper guys as to a working fix.

The main issue is the Rom.xml file. Now only recall INIT. In my opinion the problem is Reaper save minimal undo state' related.

OR ... where the changes made to address the library load errors that were in Nebula.Log ?? If so ... what was causing that problem.

Outdated Rom.xml file.

Basically asking, was my install just screwed up ??? It seemed NO one else was reporting these 2 major issues :!: Was it my setup ... and only me

No but you have for example and old .AUT file from an AlexB library. AlexB remove the anticopy system.

I'm seriously trying/needing to understand what was wrong, what needed fixing, and the reasons in the first place. Nebula is a critical component, and a MAJOR reason for me to invest in building a new mastering/ mixing room. The near future plan to utilize the Server to farm to external computers is the plan of course.

There is very complex to determine what component soft or hard make the issues/crash without have here the complete ring.

Why the issue of moving documents, skins, etc, OUT of the main nebulatemprepository ? These folders are there from the original install. Why would we not keep organized all in one place ?? I certain don't understand the internal workings, but, is Nebula having to scan through all these files ?? Does it somehow affect performance ?? Was this causing the Reaper crashes ??

My personal recommendation is keep OS partition clean as you can. I save documentation into a mirror RAID 1 TB LAN HDD. In addition you should move your N2P/V files, less INIT, to an other partition or better to a super fast SSD and use the alternativedatapath trick. Here big DAWs run audio in hardware RAID0, and we will update to 10K RPM SATAIII ASAP.

Again ... much apologies for the barrage of questions. I'm very thank-you for all your support around the board ... I'm just trying to get a better understanding. Unless I catch my 3rd or 4th wind tonite ... I think I'll start the file replace and testing tomorrow, after a bit of sleep. I very much look forward to hearing back, and hope that can get educated Sincerely ... Thank-you!

No problem. Support is my task, keeping free Giancarlo for develop.
Enrique Silveti.

UFX | Lyra2 | USBPre2
enriquesilveti
Expert
Expert

Postby RJHollins » Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:42 am

OK ... just wanted to post on the current status.

First ... another big thanks Enrique for the recent post and explanations!

Here's what we did:

I proceeded to replace all the Nebula files with the recent 'replacement' ones.

I then loaded up Reaper, and added the one Nebula plug for testing. I decided to DE-Click [OFF] the 'save minimal undo' setting, and use my customized Reaper folder, thereby returning the original 'trouble scene'.

Although NEB took a much longer than normal time to INIT, it finally did. License was still there :). I did note a RateCNV setting different, but I left it at 6000.

Cautiously I loaded in NEB presets ... they loaded fine. Continued auditioning more presets ... still working fine.

Then began let track play AS I was switching to different presets ... again ... working !!!

This is just a preliminary test. When I return late tonite I hope to load in some heavier multi track projects.

At this early point, I have a 'slight' smile that we have the crash issue fixed, while using the preferred working environment of Reaper :o

This would be wonderful. 8-)

Again, just wanted to get an early report status back.

I also checked the Nebula.LOG file. I did NOT see any error lines as we had before ... another positive!

While at it ... I also took a run with NAT 3.
Unfortunately, the same issues as I had before. Will post on another thread for that!

Also to mention, the numeric re-draws under the faders in NEBULA are still whacked :| This needs fixing, but first things first !

Until later!

RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby RJHollins » Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:48 am

Alrighty then !

Just to report ... I've been running Reaper along with Nebula in several multi-trk sessions. I've been able to change presets, add other NEB's with out issue. Things seem to be running smooth and without a hitch!

May take some time to be fully confident [hey, it's a computer] ... but the changes that were made by Enrique have this working !!!! :mrgreen:

Thank-you for all your help!!!

Sincerely.
RJHollins

RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Previous

Return to Bugs