1. Delete temp .XML files from Nebulatemprepository/temp folder. 2. Delete ~scanboot.xml file from Nebulatemprepository/Setups. 3. Reinstall all the emulation presets with ***ERROR*** 4. Send me your .SER file. I'll request a new INITs files for you. (just in case...) 5. Check your HDD.
Enrique Silveti. Acustica Audio customer and technical support.
OK ... several issues are coming up that are confusing me
First. Before doing anything drastic, I went searching through my C:\nebulatemprepository, both Programs & Vectors, to locate the libraries giving the error message [from your above post].
Problem ... I DON'T have most of those filenames in either directory !?!? I found 'SOLAIRE', and '4KGTOHEAVEN', 'BACKTOGENESI' and a few others, but many of the others are not being located ! I'm also using a disk cataloging app with search capability to help find things. This is strange.
Just got a message back from 'Ollie' over at the Reaper forum. It appears I can't follow directions, posting my report in the wrong section
His reply to my EVENTError logs:
Sorry for the trouble! Please keep bugs/help requests in the appropriate forums firt, not here in the issue tracker (a database for confirmed/confirmable REAPER bugs). Alas we can't move things between the tracker and the forums, please feel free to bump your existing forum thread if you need more help.
Also thank you for the event logs, the 32-bit host process crashing/hanging indicates that you're using the 32-bit Nebula version bridged into REAPER 64 (if Nebula is actually the culprit, could as well be an unsuspected other plug-in), so your problem may be related to that and needs further troubleshooting in the forums. We'll reopen the ticket if it turns out to be something wrong with REAPER.
So now I wonder if I inadvertently installed a 64 bit program on my 32 bit system ?!?!? Is this even possible ??
So ... what I'll do is find as many of the 'error-ed' libs I can, and move them out of the way. [instead of re-installing them ... at least till I get the obvious errors out of the way].
I'll also clear the TEMP folder, and let NEB rescan, then check the debug logs to see what issues may linger.
anyway ... could I have installed the wrong versions ???
Sincere THANKS for helping me sort this craziness!
A while back I had heard of another DAW called 'PreSonus Studio 1'. Decided to check it out.
With the demo installed, I loaded in my test audio, and figure out how to get a Nebula on the track ... totally different layout/ design from Reaper ... anyway ...
I must have auditioned 20 or 30 Neb libraries ... EVEN while the track was playing ...
Not a single glitch ... not even a crash
Granted, this was just a single stereo trk, with 1 instance of Nebula. Yet when I try this same idea in Reaper, after about the 6th audition ... crash to the desktop
hmmm ... wasn't it stated here that Reaper was THE test platform for Nebula
I am mindful that, according to my Neb.LOG, that for some reason, a bunch of libraries are showing errors ... why this is is beyond me ... I was quite sure that they worked fine [although they are not in the main use arena].
I'm going to do another run using Studio-1 and see what the Nebula.Log shows.
At this point, if I MAY jump to conclusions ... we have a serious issue with Reaper v4.22 and Nebula Server.
Posting at the Reaper site, in discussion with 'Ollie'. He requested that I repost here my event logs. This is the main post below:
Quote: Originally Posted by Ollie - Can you try renaming your REAPER resource folder (the one that pops up when you click Options->"Show REAPER resource folder in Finder/Explorer") temporarily, so REAPER gets a full reset (you can rename it back after that and overwrite the newly created folder if it doesn't change anything)? This should take care of any setting related issues (I think Nebula should run with defaults).
First, thank-you for your time !
As requested, I renamed the Reaper resource folder. Running Reaper, I then set my ASIO card and set the VST location folder. Basically running as a factory GUI, etc.
Using the same test scenario ... a single stereo audio file, and a single instance of Nebula. For the test, Nebula was run in 'Default mode'.
The crash issue has not changed ... after the 5th auditioning preset was loading in ... Reaper reported a crash ... then straight to the desktop.
From Windows 'Event Viewer' we have to error messages:
For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp. Data: 0000: 42 75 63 6b 65 74 3a 20 Bucket: 0008: 2d 31 32 37 37 31 37 37 -1277177 0010: 38 34 38 0d 0a 848..
Thanks for reporting back and the fresh event log, it names all participants and an offset address in Nebula. Please make sure you send this to the Nebula devs, it can be valuable for them in case the following tweak doesn't help: please right-click Nebula in the FX browser and check "save minimal undo states", if the problem persists we know at least that it wasn't that either.