Login

JPN skin standard settings

About skinning language and skin sharing

JPN skin standard settings

Postby sfabs » Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:42 pm

Hi...

I think this question is obviously for JPN...

But firstly I would just like to say; "your skins are awesome man!! I love the link up with Tim P and use all your skins across his libraries, THANKYOU"

Ok... down to the question, I use all your skins with Tim's libraries, and I want to know if the settings to change are the same for all libraries...

for example...
if the skin has metering should I always set the GUI to 5.0?? (I read a post from Tim that said the sweet spot was 15? is this the same for all libraries with meters?
if the skin has a gain reduction meter should I always set the "meter type" to 7VU??
The Cal limiter suggests setting "meter type" to – 2PEAK ( Master page), is this the only library that uses this setting?

Basically I just downloaded a load of your skins for A*P*I and "EVEN" and others, would just like to know if there are a set of rules I can follow when configuring the skins??

Oh... and Tim's N2065 Filters which i use loads (as they are awesome) is there a skin? or could I use or edit a "EVEN" skin to accommodate both HP and LP filter knobs??

Thanks for any help

really appreciate it
sfabs
User Level XI
User Level XI

Re: JPN skin standard settings

Postby jpn » Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:00 pm

sfabs wrote:Hi...

I think this question is obviously for JPN...

But firstly I would just like to say; "your skins are awesome man!! I love the link up with Tim P and use all your skins across his libraries, THANKYOU"

Ok... down to the question, I use all your skins with Tim's libraries, and I want to know if the settings to change are the same for all libraries...

for example...
if the skin has metering should I always set the GUI to 5.0?? (I read a post from Tim that said the sweet spot was 15? is this the same for all libraries with meters?
if the skin has a gain reduction meter should I always set the "meter type" to 7VU??
The Cal limiter suggests setting "meter type" to – 2PEAK ( Master page), is this the only library that uses this setting?

Basically I just downloaded a load of your skins for A*P*I and "EVEN" and others, would just like to know if there are a set of rules I can follow when configuring the skins??

Oh... and Tim's N2065 Filters which i use loads (as they are awesome) is there a skin? or could I use or edit a "EVEN" skin to accommodate both HP and LP filter knobs??

Thanks for any help

really appreciate it

Hi " sfabs " I will try to clarify the matter :)

Gui rate just makes the needles to react faster , you don´t have a specific value but sometimes with a faster gui rate you get a "strange" behaviour in metering .... so ... to work without problems It´s better to use values between 15 and 30 ms. ( of course you can test what is the better value for you)

Usually I recommend meters:7vu when using vumeters and meters:2 peak when using leds .
For ALL Reduction meters done until now (Leds and needles) I suggest using meters 2 peak.

There is no rules to configure the skins ... just choose meters type and Gui rate ... again ( gui rate just makes needles to react faster ... you don´t need to touch it ) and
Don´t forget dsp buffer also affects the speed of metering, so if you are using a large dsp buffer it´s useless trying to make needles faster.

A*P*I and "EVEN" skins works well With AlebB libraries
I have removed the unused knobs for those libraries ... I don´t know if it works well with other libraries. ( maybe by coincidence )

I think Tim's N2065 Filters will have new Skins soon ... I´ve already done 2 versions ( Now TimP have to choose the "best")
Ask TimP for the skins ... I think he will hear you :D

If you have more questions .... go ahead i will try to help :)
jpn

Postby djayart » Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:18 am

I Agree.
Jpn :Your skins are gorgeous and thank you for the details in your previous anwer
djayart
User Level VI
User Level VI

Postby sfabs » Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:01 pm

Hi JPN

You nailed it! Thank you!

Perfect explanation and I know how to handle skins and different meters. Thank you.

Do you have a website or a way to donate towards your work? I understand u pretty much do this for free!?
sfabs
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby jpn » Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:06 pm

sfabs wrote:Hi JPN

You nailed it! Thank you!

Perfect explanation and I know how to handle skins and different meters. Thank you.

Do you have a website or a way to donate towards your work? I understand u pretty much do this for free!?

thank you "sfabs"

That´s ok man :)

I´m glad people enjoy my skins
jpn

Postby sfabs » Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:13 am

JPN... got the N2065 skin from Tim!! Awesome!! thank you

You really should have a way to donate or contribute, thank you never seems enough. I really appreciate your time and work.

and of course, a quick question... (i feel terrible always asking :oops: :oops: ). The Sum 100A skin (reduction meter) says on the skin "use VU 7 meters" but you suggested all our skins to date work best with 2 peak for reduction meters. Is this different just on the Sum100A or should I be using 2 peak??
sfabs
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby sfabs » Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:13 am

JPN... got the N2065 skin from Tim!! Awesome!! thank you

You really should have a way to donate or contribute, thank you never seems enough. I really appreciate your time and work.

and of course, a quick question... (i feel terrible always asking :oops: :oops: ). The Sum 100A skin (reduction meter) says on the skin "use VU 7 meters" but you suggested all our skins to date work best with 2 peak for reduction meters. Is this different just on the Sum100A or should I be using 2 peak??
sfabs
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby jpn » Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:52 pm

sfabs wrote:JPN... got the N2065 skin from Tim!! Awesome!! thank you

Hi sfabs ... Tim has already a new Sum 100A skin version without the "Metering suggestion". Sum 100A reduction meters have a different behaviour (Tim changed it in his witchcraft) :o it doesn´t matter the meters mode you use ... in tests we didn´t notest any big difference in behaviour ( Peak and 7 Vu ) to make any recommendation .
For the preamp yes ... use Meters : 7 Vu

BTW . you don´t have to feel bad for always asking ;)
things are always changing and You Know it :mrgreen:
jpn

Return to Skins