Login

ATTN ... all GUI/Graphics designers. Is it party time ?!?

About skinning language and skin sharing

ATTN ... all GUI/Graphics designers. Is it party time ?!?

Postby RJHollins » Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:37 am

It's been a long, extremely cold winter here ... and it's been beating everybody up. So ... thought it was time for a 'CRAZY' idea. :shock:

I know we have some multi-talented forum members that are involved in more than just music and engineering.

To 'mix things up' a bit ... I was thinking of a GUI/Graphics contest :o Hey ... it's just a thought :idea: AND ... there would be a PRIZE ! :mrgreen:

OK ... the basic premise.

You may have stumbled across several of my NVC threads ... and IF you haven't ... why not :P

What I was 'stinkin' was gathering up potential NVC candidates [maybe some type of voting/suggestion poll], and then invite those of the 'graphic persuasion' to consider a design/GUI for the top vote. If we had enough artists submit, we could do a popularity vote. For a winning prize, I think the winner would deserve a fully registered NVC.

Crazy ... ??? I've been called worse I suppose ... blame it on the Winter :roll:
:lol:
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Re: ATTN ... all GUI/Graphics designers. Is it party time ?!

Postby hopi2013 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:38 pm

hey RJ... I didn't want you to feel totally crazy here, since no one else has replied... hahaha

This might be an OK idea but then again I wonder how it would actually work out...

I mean given that you seem to have a good sense of precisely how you want that GUI to look and feel, you know?

But, if I can be of help with some graphic work, I'm here for you... I've never been big on contests though... :roll:
hopi2013
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby djayart » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:19 pm

I done several skins for Peavey Revalver III and i'm interested. ;)
djayart
User Level VI
User Level VI

Postby RJHollins » Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:52 am

Well, it might be a crazy idea ... but it doesn't need a large gathering to be worthwhile.

Just thinking out loud on a possible way.

First, selecting a library to design for. Maybe we throw a poll together an get a sense of 'high' use library.

From that, we open the design portion.

For those playing along at home ... we could have voting for the design of choice.

GrandPrize would be appropriately awarded ... along with 10,000 travel bonus points :shock:

:lol:

just putting the ideas out there folks ! :P
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby giancarlo » Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:18 pm

for the sake of knowledge, in nebula4 we'll introduce the concept of "free" and "commercial" skin. Not very different from a "free" or a "commercial" library, it allows to skin 3rd party libraries assembling more instances so you get a skinned eq for handling the library in a better way from nebula.

Anyay this midi plugin skinning is a cool concept too, I think they could cohesist in some way, maybe adding even more functionalities (from midi side).

We are trying to improve nebula moving it to a next level.
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby hopi2013 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:08 pm

ummm my two cents worth...

As I understand it RJ has asked for improvements to how Neb handles midi... and if that was done, then this 'midi NVC' method would become much more user friendly...

I think that would be a 'win-win-win' ...for Nebula sales, for the third party developers, and for the end users! :)
hopi2013
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Return to Skins