Login

Major Hardware Skins / Custom Setups Project

About skinning language and skin sharing

Re: Major Hardware Skins / Custom Setups Project

Postby dagovitsj » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:37 pm

@ mr.tele: +1
|Win 7-64bit | Reaper 4. x64, Cubase 6.5.3., 64 & 32 bit | RAM:16 GB | CPU: Intel Core i5 760@ 2,8 GHz | Samsung SSD 830 (256 GB) | WD: Black harddisks | Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT Graphics Accelerator | Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4 |Nebula 3 Pro |
dagovitsj
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby koda » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:59 pm

great job so far
koda
User Level VI
User Level VI

Postby babiuk » Fri May 03, 2013 12:31 am

Congratulatikns for this superb work, it's incredible.

There is something I always would like to have in nebula, I mean rotary knobs with numbers points at fixed positions so you can pick a number and going to this value automatically. For instance, a knob for a EQ featuring dB values: +/-2,4,6,8,0 so you just pick -4 and knob goes to -4 position.

Is this possible? I would love it
babiuk
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby Tim Petherick » Fri May 03, 2013 1:12 am

babiuk wrote:Congratulatikns for this superb work, it's incredible.

There is something I always would like to have in nebula, I mean rotary knobs with numbers points at fixed positions so you can pick a number and going to this value automatically. For instance, a knob for a EQ featuring dB values: +/-2,4,6,8,0 so you just pick -4 and knob goes to -4 position.

So the knob clicks in to place?

It's something I would really like to see too. I think I've seen it in aqua but to get it into a nebula skin would be great.

Also I would like to do a aqua, that loads presets with switches, so if I took the TNT dynamics it would go between presets. Limiter , gate , desser , expander without having too load a different aqua for those presets. If anyone can do this let me know.
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Postby richie43 » Tue May 07, 2013 8:53 am

Tim, you should get in touch with Michael Angel of CDSM about the multiple preset idea in Aqua. He is always looking for ways to push the so-called boundaries and/or limitations of Nebula and Aqua, and he does some gorgeous GUI's.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby Cupwise » Tue May 07, 2013 10:04 am

timp wrote:
babiuk wrote:Congratulatikns for this superb work, it's incredible.

So the knob clicks in to place?

It's something I would really like to see too. I think I've seen it in aqua but to get it into a nebula skin would be great.

Also I would like to do a aqua, that loads presets with switches, so if I took the TNT dynamics it would go between presets. Limiter , gate , desser , expander without having too load a different aqua for those presets. If anyone can do this let me know.

it is 'kind of' possible. there is a tag you can add into the skin xmls, to create a button which will switch programs. i had an acqua version of tube fm 1 i was working on back in december but i abandoned it because i found too many bugs in acqua for what i wanted to do. first off, trim knob will not work with acqua without resulting in huge screetching noises that could damage speakers/ears. for me that's a big deal/problem. then my tube fm set is like around 30 different programs so i wanted to be able to have them all load from the same instance instead of having a separate plug-in for each which would totally turn people off. the button allows it, but it also seems very buggy.

the first program would load and run fine, but then if you switch it with the button, the cpu use spikes up HUGE. all my beta testers noticed this. so as soon as you touch that button all hell breaks loose. i just shelved the project.

also, i could be wrong, but as far as i know, rotary style knobs are not possible. i hope i am wrong but then i don't see myself approaching acqua again any time soon.
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Postby twoifbysea » Sat May 18, 2013 4:25 am

Looking forward to seeing these implemented. :D
twoifbysea
User Level I
User Level I

Postby djayart » Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:18 pm

Any news? :)
Great work on those skins.
The A*I look very nice.
djayart
User Level VI
User Level VI

Postby Manta » Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:49 am

- Happy new Nebula user!! :D -

Very nice skin(s), hope to use them soon ;)

Cheers
8-)
There is No Engine Boosting U Like Acustica Audio Nebula
Manta
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby hwasser » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:18 pm

Whatever happened to these skins?
hwasser
User Level VIII
User Level VIII