Login

Major Hardware Skins / Custom Setups Project

About skinning language and skin sharing

Major Hardware Skins / Custom Setups Project

Postby JayFathom » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:15 am

Hello - New to the boards here - I have read tons of the information many of you posted here and have learned great amounts about Nebula/Workflow/Hardware - so thank you for that!

A tiny bit about myself - I am a UI/designer for a fairly large games company - My main hobby is sound when I'm not at work slaving over pixels! So I have a very large appreciation for Nebula and the strides its taking as of late. Congrats to the main programmers/designers for bringing analog ITB that much closer to our finger tips!

OK - So my goal.

I would like to design very sharp professional UI's for all the hardware of these libraries - sounds like quite the undertaking I'm sure and I am aware of the grey area surrounding manufacturing names.

So I guess my question is would there be support for a huge pack of professional looking interfaces for your favorite libraries?

example of work I did very quickly today (CL1B) - obviously not exact hardware since I worked over our great Scott Kanes skin - to make crypting/exporting these easy as possible. I did this one to see how fast I could make these - this one took about 45 minutes.

Also I'm more a visual guy so if there is anybody that would be able to help me get these to a N2S working and looking like the concept this would again speed things up greatly for this project. Then I'm not sure if this is possible - but if we could make easy custom setups for existing libraries to utilize these new skins and make it easier for not advanced users to figure it out.

http://oi48.tinypic.com/rtntxl.jpg

Click link below image for full preview - board looks like it might chop it off =(

Thoughts on this? Bad Idea? Great Idea?
Last edited by JayFathom on Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.
JayFathom
User Level II
User Level II

Re: Major Hardware UI / Custom Setups Project

Postby JayFathom » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:25 am

Also - if this is supported here - A list of next interfaces requested from users would be great =D
JayFathom
User Level II
User Level II

Postby dagovitsj » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:43 am

Wow! Great idea! I think your "test" skin (CL1B) looks fantastic.

As far as I have understood, the metering in Nebula GUI is not precise, and I don't know if this is a limitation of the Nebula engine as it is today, or other things. But it sure would be great to have this fixed if you are going to make a huge pack of skins.

But if you have this as a profession, I reckon you know what to ask Enrique etc to get the overview - or perhaps you already know "after reading tons of stuff" on this forum...! ;)

If you mean 'paying customers' by "support for a huge pack of professional looking interfaces", I think the answer is yes - if the price is right. I would definetely be interested in more pro skins - it is simply more inspiring to pull up a compressor, preamp or eq which looks like the hardware and knowing it sounds very similar too!

This is a very good initative, I think.
|Win 7-64bit | Reaper 4. x64, Cubase 6.5.3., 64 & 32 bit | RAM:16 GB | CPU: Intel Core i5 760@ 2,8 GHz | Samsung SSD 830 (256 GB) | WD: Black harddisks | Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT Graphics Accelerator | Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4 |Nebula 3 Pro |
dagovitsj
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby enriquesilveti » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:48 am

Please JayFathom send me an email to enrique.silveti AT acusticaudio.net

JayFathom wrote:Hello - New to the boards here - I have read tons of the information many of you posted here and have learned great amounts about Nebula/Workflow/Hardware - so thank you for that!

A tiny bit about myself - I am a UI/designer for a fairly large games company - My main hobby is sound when I'm not at work slaving over pixels! So I have a very large appreciation for Nebula and the strides its taking as of late. Congrats to the main programmers/designers for bringing analog ITB that much closer to our finger tips!

OK - So my goal.

I would like to design very sharp professional UI's for all the hardware of these libraries - sounds like quite the undertaking I'm sure and I am aware of the grey area surrounding manufacturing names.

So I guess my question is would there be support for a huge pack of professional looking interfaces for your favorite libraries?

example of work I did very quickly today (CL1B) - obviously not exact hardware since I worked over our great Scott Kanes skin - to make crypting/exporting these easy as possible. I did this one to see how fast I could make these - this one took about 45 minutes.

Also I'm more a visual guy so if there is anybody that would be able to help me get these to a N2S working and looking like the concept this would again speed things up greatly for this project. Then I'm not sure if this is possible - but if we could make easy custom setups for existing libraries to utilize these new skins and make it easier for not advanced users to figure it out.

http://oi47.tinypic.com/25klhuc.jpg

Click link below image for full preview - board looks like it might chop it off =(

Thoughts on this? Bad Idea? Great Idea?
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support.

MBP 11.5 (i7-4870 | 16 GB | 512 SDD)
SP4 (i5-6300 | 8 GB | 256 SDD)
RME UFX | PS Lyra2 | SD USBPre2
VM U15 | VM W10 | VM OSX 10.12
N4/NAT4 | SPX3 | RX5 | LN2C | Smaart8 | R5 | PT12 | PX10
enriquesilveti
Expert
Expert

Postby JayFathom » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:47 pm

Somehow I feel I'm going to be scolded for this, sadly. :|

dagovitsj, thanks for your reply - very much appreciated.
JayFathom
User Level II
User Level II

Postby davidgary73 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:58 pm

@JayFathom

Wow..this is very nice.

No one is gonna scold you mate. You're a blessing to the Nebula community with your talent. Many here will give you guidelines etc to make the skin better.

Continue to do more whenever you have time and share the skins if possible.

Cheers
David
MacPro 2 x 2.4 Ghz 6 Core Intel Xeon • 28GB Ram •
Logic Pro X 10.2.4 • OSX 10.11.6 • VEP 6 •
Magenta 3 • Green 3 • Navy • Pink • Sand • Lime • Nebula3 Server Ultimate •
http://www.purevolume.com/DavidGary
davidgary73

Postby JayFathom » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:29 pm

Excellent thanks for the support guys.

Next:
http://oi45.tinypic.com/2hdd3es.jpg

Knobs are not custom yet.
Last edited by JayFathom on Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:18 pm, edited 5 times in total.
JayFathom
User Level II
User Level II

Postby JayFathom » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:24 pm

Last edited by JayFathom on Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JayFathom
User Level II
User Level II

Postby mr.tele » Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:52 pm

Perhaps you're being filtered for putting the actual brand and model on the skin? Just a guess.
mr.tele
User Level X
User Level X

Postby JayFathom » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:10 pm

mr.tele wrote:Perhaps you're being filtered for putting the actual brand and model on the skin? Just a guess.

I assume so - its nothing to turn a manufacturer name layer off for if I actually do this and release a pack.
JayFathom
User Level II
User Level II

Next

Return to Skins