Login

get program list menu ability into skin without LED window

About skinning language and skin sharing

get program list menu ability into skin without LED window

Postby Cupwise » Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:49 pm

any of you skin gurus out there know if it would be possible to get the ability of the popup/dropdown menu that lets you select which program to load, into a skin, but without the entire 'main LCD' display showing up? i would even be happy with just having the 'INIT' part visible, to click on and bring up the menu, but with the rest of the LCD covered up or not drawn.

i'm already thinking it's not possible because i've tried to see if there was a way to have other elements cover it up, and nothing seems to.

basically i want to do an acqua release of my tube fm1 set, and have the ability to select which effect to use from the gui after loading, instead of having a vst/xml/etc for every individual n2p/n2v.

i've already found that you can crypt a folder full of n2p/n2vs into a single n2s, and have acqua load that and then pick which one to use. i just need the ability to deal with that in the skin, but without the big LCD.
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Re: get program list menu ability into skin without LED wind

Postby ngarjuna » Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:32 am

I don't think so but...iirc there are lines in the XML for customizing the size of the LED window. I wonder if you could just size it down to only the drop down list? Not sure. I always went with the full sized window (using sizes I copied out of Acustica themes because I knew they would work heh) because I was more interested in other aspects of the theme but maybe you could do it that way. If I don't have to work all weekend I'll try to have a look for you.
ngarjuna
Expert
Expert

Re: get program list menu ability into skin without LED wind

Postby Cupwise » Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:19 am

i tried the extra mainLCD tags, they are like 'top' 'bottom' 'left' 'right' something like that. the just seem to ADD to the size. i don't quite get what they do. the just add rows of characters.
i bet what i want isn't possible...
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Return to Skins