Login

Ngarjuna Black Desk Skins

About skinning language and skin sharing

Re: Ngarjuna Black Desk Skins

Postby giancarlo » Mon May 30, 2011 4:14 pm

flickering is normal. The faster you go, the more flickering you'll have on bypass light. It happens because data is processed in frames, so they become visible. Nebula is "deactivated" and is not working, so it's turned in "bypass" mode.
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby dacaveprods » Tue May 31, 2011 11:49 pm

The Meters don't work with my system and i don't know why....Some appreciated help please.I did everything the previous threads/Post suggested! THANX!!!
dacaveprods

Postby yewtreemagic » Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:57 am

giancarlo wrote:flickering is normal. The faster you go, the more flickering you'll have on bypass light. It happens because data is processed in frames, so they become visible. Nebula is "deactivated" and is not working, so it's turned in "bypass" mode.

Hi Giancarlo!

Thanks for the info - that makes perfect sense ;)

However, I suspect the vast majority of users would expect a 'bypass' indicator to only indicate when Nebula has been specifically bypassed, and not every moment that it's not actually calcuating anything. What you're saying is that it's actually a 'non-activity' indicator :lol:

Martin
Martin Walker
YewTreeMagic
yewtreemagic
User Level V
User Level V

Postby ngarjuna » Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:18 pm

Some new revisions:

Small Black Desk A & B (A = with tape strip, B = with plastic bumper). Same sized meter as the prior (very large) Dual Black Desk skin but condensed into a much smaller design.

Small Black Desk A

Small Black Desk B

ngarjuna
Expert
Expert

Postby Mauri » Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:44 am

Excellent, Thank you so much 8-) !

Mauri.
Cubase Pro 8 x64 + jBridge, W10 x64 Dual Boot on 2 SSDs + 3 SSDs for samples & project files, i7 5930K @ 4.2GHz, ASUS X99 Pro, 32GB RAM, RME HDSPe AIO, 2 x UAD2 Solo, Mackie HR624 MK2, 2 x 24" BenQ LED monitors, Nebula 3 Pro & Server x64.
Mauri
User Level X
User Level X

Postby himhui » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:07 am

I like this one!!
97v4 /Win7 x64 /64G ram /Nvidia Quadro K620
Reaper 5.29 /X-Touch
Prism Orpheus /RME Babyface Pro
himhui
Expert
Expert

Postby giancarlo » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:30 pm

yewtreemagic wrote:
giancarlo wrote:flickering is normal. The faster you go, the more flickering you'll have on bypass light. It happens because data is processed in frames, so they become visible. Nebula is "deactivated" and is not working, so it's turned in "bypass" mode.

Hi Giancarlo!

Thanks for the info - that makes perfect sense ;)

However, I suspect the vast majority of users would expect a 'bypass' indicator to only indicate when Nebula has been specifically bypassed, and not every moment that it's not actually calcuating anything. What you're saying is that it's actually a 'non-activity' indicator :lol:

Martin

what you are saying is perfectly reasonable. Anyway it was a consequence of several developements. At the beginning bypass was simply a bypass led for checking nebula activity. It was named in a strange way with a cryptic "byp" in many skins. Than we introduced a bypass mode (still not a true soft bypass mode). Than we introduced a bypass button in nebula LCD. Than we linked the bypass button with the led position in the skin language because someone asked for a bypass button directly on the skin.

In the future we'll fix bypass again, disabling the flashing behaviour and introducing a soft bypass (so if you bypass from the sequencer you deactivate nebula too). In that way skin developers could use different widgets, for example bypass switches, without unwanted flickering.

At the moment bypass means that nebula is in "bypass" mode, which happens for fractions of the time even when nebula is running. I know that it's not perfect, but it happens when you update frequently the product applying all user requests....
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby Vando » Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:33 pm

I've tried to change the metering mode to 7VU, and yes, I have pushed save, but it just won't stay there. The needle is stuck to -20Db and don't move regardless of volume or what ever is happening in the music.
Does anybody else have this kind of problem?
Vando
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby ngarjuna » Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:23 pm

Vando wrote:I've tried to change the metering mode to 7VU, and yes, I have pushed save, but it just won't stay there. The needle is stuck to -20Db and don't move regardless of volume or what ever is happening in the music.
Does anybody else have this kind of problem?

With what Nebula program loaded?
ngarjuna
Expert
Expert

Postby Vando » Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:21 pm

Any program.
Vando
User Level XI
User Level XI

PreviousNext

Return to Skins