Login

Meter Question

About skinning language and skin sharing

Re: Meter Question

Postby ngarjuna » Mon May 16, 2011 9:55 pm

giancarlo wrote:contact me tomorrow, I'll provide a new version for testing. Sorry for being busy, but this cuda stuff is driving me crazy.

Woot! No worries though I am still finishing up some design elements anyway. I think my knobs are all I have left (that's what she said).
ngarjuna
Expert
Expert

Postby ngarjuna » Fri May 27, 2011 6:33 pm

Okay, with the new update today we now have meters with an infinite number of slides! (*it's probably not infinite but you can use a whole bunch)

Here is the first theme I'm almost done with using a Dorrough-styled loudness meter:

It's a fairly simple meter with 33 steps.

Here is another WIP (it will actually be a set of themes with different numbers of buttons for different tasks):

Actual size here
Both with 1 meter (bottom is actual size)

And with 2 meters

Still have a lot of tweaking to do on that theme but the meters are working fine. 188 frames per meter.

Those of you wondering about the needle performance/speed, it's still a little bit choppy but not at all like it used to be. Even though it's a bit more quantized than a fancier animation would yield it's quite usable as it is now: the needle definitely moves fast enough to get useful readings but slowly enough that it still dances like you'd expect a VU needle to dance. Eventually Giancarlo is hoping to add some more features to the animation that will make it smoother but, until then, Nebula meters are finally in a spot where I would consider them pretty useful. Hopefully this will result in lots more meters/themes being cranked out!

A quick question now about themes that I didn't find in the theme guide (but maybe I just missed it): How do you encrypt your skin folder into an N2S? I'm not really a NAT person (yet!) so I wasn't too sure where to even begin after I opened it up.
ngarjuna
Expert
Expert

Postby enriquesilveti » Fri May 27, 2011 6:39 pm

Very nice!
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support.

MBP 11.5 (i7-4870 | 16 GB | 512 SDD)
SP4 (i5-6300 | 8 GB | 256 SDD)
UFX | Lyra2 | USBPre2
VM U15 | VM Win10 | VM OSX 10.12
N4/NAT4 | SPX3 | RX5 | LN2C | Smaart8 | R5 | PT12 | PX10 | NIK5
enriquesilveti
Expert
Expert

Postby RJHollins » Fri May 27, 2011 11:41 pm

question ...

With the latest update release being talked about, the mention of a new metering system will/is coming.

My question ... will there be an issue using a skin from previous development with the 'latest' update ??

In other words, IF we update to the latest NEB3 Pro, what about the custom skin we are using ... will it still work, albeit, withOUT the new enhancement ...

I'd like to stay with my current skin, until the author updates it [whomever that was ... did a nice job].

Anyway, hope I made sense. Thanks for any clarification.
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby ngarjuna » Fri May 27, 2011 11:56 pm

RJHollins wrote:question ...

With the latest update release being talked about, the mention of a new metering system will/is coming.

My question ... will there be an issue using a skin from previous development with the 'latest' update ??

In other words, IF we update to the latest NEB3 Pro, what about the custom skin we are using ... will it still work, albeit, withOUT the new enhancement ...

I'd like to stay with my current skin, until the author updates it [whomever that was ... did a nice job].

Nope, no issues with the current skins, they all work fine. It has just added the additional functionality of being able to handle meters with more frames.

These changes are in the current release, btw (I think they put it out earlier today or yesterday).
ngarjuna
Expert
Expert

Postby RJHollins » Sat May 28, 2011 12:18 am

Thanks ngarjuna !

Always appreciate your assistance 8-)

Will go ahead with the update.
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby faun2500 » Sat May 28, 2011 11:10 am

Where do I get these skins? I need them today! :)
Forthcoming releases on: Black Heart Label, Hyperdrive and Transfixion. http://soundcloud.com/100mg. 6 FREE Downloads on my soundcloud page. Nebula ALL over these trax!
faun2500
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby enriquesilveti » Sat May 28, 2011 12:03 pm

RJHollins wrote:question ...

You are right. With old meters GUIs is not possible to a complete usage of the new metering engine. We need to wait to GUI developers to update their releases.
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support.

MBP 11.5 (i7-4870 | 16 GB | 512 SDD)
SP4 (i5-6300 | 8 GB | 256 SDD)
UFX | Lyra2 | USBPre2
VM U15 | VM Win10 | VM OSX 10.12
N4/NAT4 | SPX3 | RX5 | LN2C | Smaart8 | R5 | PT12 | PX10 | NIK5
enriquesilveti
Expert
Expert

Postby ngarjuna » Sat May 28, 2011 1:27 pm

faun2500 wrote:Where do I get these skins? I need them today! :)

If you're talking about the screenshots from yesterday, not all the way finished yet. But the Loudness meter ones are very nearly done (if I can figure out how to turn it into an N2S I'll definitely post it).

The ones with the needle VU I still have to fix a lot on the background image and work on layout (right now there's a lot of wasted space and the GUI is just too big so I need to trim and redesign a little). But I have a prototype with the big VU meter (just for metering inputs) that should be ready right after the Loudness one is done. Assuming my sessions go quickly this weekend I'll try to get cracking on both of those things.
ngarjuna
Expert
Expert

Postby futur2 » Sat May 28, 2011 1:35 pm

i hope some nice skins with faders are coming or beeing updated! :P
futur2

PreviousNext

Return to Skins