Login

AlexB - Modern Logic Console PRO and Modern Logic EQ PRO

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: AlexB - Modern Logic Console PRO and Modern Logic EQ PRO

Postby prosodio » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:46 pm

AlexB wrote:Really funny: consoles builders try to make the best sounding consoles with the lowest cross-talk possible and plugins builders make a plugin to emulate this "electronic issue" :lol: :mrgreen:

What you saaaiiiddd!!! Totally agree!!! :D
prosodio
User Level X
User Level X

Postby anthonyw » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:46 pm

:mrgreen:
anthonyw
User Level VII
User Level VII

Postby sfunk » Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:38 pm

i agree its kinda comical but is there any credence in the claims that this adds to some of the "Character" we have come to like from a consoles. Indeed engineers spent decades trying to get their consoles as clean, precise and linear sounding as possible but thats when us musicians started to think they sounded "bad
sfunk

Postby AlexB » Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:57 pm

Oh no, there aren't bad sounding professional console, musicians refer to plugin. Plugins developers think that adding this "noise" at the plugins then they will sound more analog. It's a great idiocy. Nebula is the solution :P :mrgreen: :lol:
Mix with the ears, not with the eyes...
Facebook
WebSite
AlexB
Expert
Expert

Postby tumburu » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:34 pm

Indeed. And it doesn't add noise!

I remember when I bought Waves CLA, at some point there was a very disturbing hiss in my mix which wasn't suppose to be there. When I realized that it was the cumulative effect of all these compressors generating noise it was like: what was in their heads when they did that?
tumburu
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby AlexB » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:04 pm

tumburu wrote:... what was in their heads when they did that?

:lol: :mrgreen: :lol:
Mix with the ears, not with the eyes...
Facebook
WebSite
AlexB
Expert
Expert

Postby sfunk » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:12 am

Waves and the noise was hilarious. Although CDSoundmaster did suggest that a little of his tape hiss programs could be beneficial.

Anyway tried this crosstalk plug. Not doing it for me.

Anyway back to the topic!
sfunk

Postby cdsoundmaster » Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:46 pm

Hi! :-)
ACtually, I don't recommend adding the hiss back in from the hiss-tory programs for everyday use. I thought it would be nice to share as a part of the personality if anyone wanted/needed to add this in for authenticity, but I don't suggest it as a normal everyday process or required. I like the fact we can use the dynamics, spectrum, and harmonics and eliminate the hiss. It is amazing, in the R2R scenario, how our ears put the entire tape sound back together when the machine's actual noise floor is returned, but the fact that Nebula removes this element makes our modern version of tape the perfect scenario. My thought was first just the nostalgia, and second if there was a particular scenario if someone actually wanted or needed to emulate the full effect- it is there.

And, to apologize for furthering the change in topic, AlexB Consoles and EQ's are AWESOME! Definitely Modern use of technology. Absolutely Logical to use them. The best Consoles. And totally Pro Pro Pro! :-)

sfunk wrote:Waves and the noise was hilarious. Although CDSoundmaster did suggest that a little of his tape hiss programs could be beneficial.

Anyway tried this crosstalk plug. Not doing it for me.

Anyway back to the topic!
cdsoundmaster
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby DavidMeShow » Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:15 pm

Hi guys! :) This is my first message on the forum. I need to know who is using the MLC SRN program (send-return) on the Modern Logic Console. I don't know why but when I add it, something wrong happens to my sound, somekind of unwanted compression is added (Many db lost). Thanks for your feedback! :P

David
DavidMeShow
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby giancarlo » Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:20 pm

are you following the -18dB rule? those consoles are calibrated at -18 dB, it means your input level should not be louder than -18dB rms. You could increase the signal again later.
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries