Login

Important Announcement From CDSoundMaster

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: Important Announcement From CDSoundMaster

Postby woeischris » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:24 am

Similar problem in Cubase 5. I haven't noticed it occurring randomly and it isn't loud when it happens but it resets when I bounce a project or save and reopen it, effectively making the plugin useless until this is fixed. Ahhh what a tease! Haha.
woeischris

Postby cdsoundmaster » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:15 am

Hi everyone- we are keeping permanent posts and support for VTM-M2 here:
http://clubvst.forumco.com/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=23

For information about VTM-M2, it's connection to R2R and TB+, the difference in technology, etc. please go here:
http://cdsoundmaster.com/site/cds-softw ... 2-faq.html

We are working on everything as quickly and efficiently as we can.

Thanks!
cdsoundmaster
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby woeischris » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:08 pm

So how's everyone making out with this?
woeischris

Postby Martinez » Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:57 am

It seems that there is 3 different responses that people have with this plug.

Love, hate it or can't hear it.

Personally I love it.
Martinez

Postby jrasia » Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:13 am

Excuse the ignorance, as my last analog tape recording experience was many years ago, and running into R2R + TB has been a great welcomed addition to the digital domain.

My understanding was that TB+ was always kind of considered an 'effect' when used with R2R. As in it simulated saturation, and a perceived volume increase to the signal from hitting to tape 'harder'.

Or is VTM designed to simulate hitting tape 'harder'?

If on a real tape machine (ie Studer) I averaged or perhaps never peaked past 0db would the VTM be useless to me? Over is it still simulating a natural effect of tape nevertheless?

Sorry, I read through Michael's page and I think I just confused myself(haha). Excuse to noob questions.
jrasia
User Level II
User Level II

Postby cdsoundmaster » Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:38 pm

Hi there!
If you are mostly interested in keeping around 0dB in your R2R tape sounds then you would probably also want to keep the VTM-M2 operating at very clean levels as well. It can be subtle if desired, and in these lower settings it is still providing a tape-inspired limiting/leveling/compression and saturation. It is always assessing the input and adding something.

You are probably fine just using R2R and TB+ if not trying to add more obvious heavier driven characteristics and compressing to this. But, if you are looking to have the entire range of options and finish the picture of adding even subtle compressing characteristics to the R2R machines, then try out the VTM-M2. The demo is fully functional and free and you can try it on your own music to see if the subtle settings are worth adding for your particular sound. The VTM-M2 is designed to work directly with R2R and TB+ in adding the saturating compression, but its character is the most obvious when driven slightly harder, and the compressing properties increase with more input, and it is made to handle multiple stages in the process, if adding on tracks, bus, and final 2 track.

jrasia wrote:Excuse the ignorance, as my last analog tape recording experience was many years ago, and running into R2R + TB has been a great welcomed addition to the digital domain.

My understanding was that TB+ was always kind of considered an 'effect' when used with R2R. As in it simulated saturation, and a perceived volume increase to the signal from hitting to tape 'harder'.

Or is VTM designed to simulate hitting tape 'harder'?

If on a real tape machine (ie Studer) I averaged or perhaps never peaked past 0db would the VTM be useless to me? Over is it still simulating a natural effect of tape nevertheless?

Sorry, I read through Michael's page and I think I just confused myself(haha). Excuse to noob questions.
cdsoundmaster
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby roeland » Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:00 pm

Hi Michael,

Apart from the resetting issue which I understand you're fixing at the moment, I think there is one more bug in the VTM-M2. In Cubase 5 (latest version) I get noise whenever the GUI is open. I think it has to do with the VU meters and the leds indicating overs. In Cubase it is possible to move the mixer window and as soon as I cover the meters in the GUI the noise is gone - even if part of it is still visible. As soon as I close the GUI all noise is gone. It is a bit of a problem when checking levels. The problem has nothing to do with how hard I drive the mix. I usually don't go over 0dBvu. Even if the plug-in is far below 0dBvu and there are no digital overs in the leds the noise is there.

Maybe you can look into this little problem too...

Thanks,

Roeland
roeland
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby woeischris » Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:26 am

Just noticed on your board that you're testing a fix for the reset-to-default issue! I am so excited! Love the plugin so much but it is totally useless to me until this is fixed!
woeischris

Postby cdsoundmaster » Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:02 pm

Hi Chris,
Check your email. I'm hoping we'll post the update asap.
woeischris wrote:Just noticed on your board that you're testing a fix for the reset-to-default issue! I am so excited! Love the plugin so much but it is totally useless to me until this is fixed!
cdsoundmaster
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby woeischris » Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:58 pm

Got it! I'm going to be out most of the day but will try it tonight and let you know.
woeischris

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries