Login

Important Announcement From CDSoundMaster

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: Important Announcement From CDSoundMaster

Postby Martinez » Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:40 am

Looks awesome!

I'd love to try it if I could download it without the server cutting it short.
Martinez

Postby sfunk » Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:09 pm

Interesting. Not what i was expecting at all though. I really was hoping this was going to be some sort of Nebula library (or even upgrade) that addressed the problem with compression.
Shame its not mac yet as i cant try it but I wish Michael all the best with this and will give it a test when he gets round to an AU version :)
sfunk

Postby mordecainyc » Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:03 pm

Hey Michael, this sounds great! I'm still discovering new ways to use R2R and to have another addition to that library would be awesome. Unfortunately I'm on a Mac as well.

Would it be possible for you to release this as a regular Nebula commercial library (assuming that is possible for you to do from a technical perspective without too much trouble)? I'm sure you have your reasons to issue it as a VST, but I think the regular Nebula users would kill for this library, especially the users who already own R2R.
mordecainyc
User Level V
User Level V

Postby piperboy » Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:55 pm

mordecainyc wrote:Hey Michael, this sounds great! I'm still discovering new ways to use R2R and to have another addition to that library would be awesome. Unfortunately I'm on a Mac as well.

Would it be possible for you to release this as a regular Nebula commercial library (assuming that is possible for you to do from a technical perspective without too much trouble)? I'm sure you have your reasons to issue it as a VST, but I think the regular Nebula users would kill for this library, especially the users who already own R2R.

This isn't based on Nebula, it is a completely new vst plugin using new algorithmic processing. Hopefully MAC will be soon... this is AWESOME!
piperboy
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby scooter » Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:13 pm

Michael's videos keep getting weirder and weirder.

Audio examples sound nice.
-Scott
scooter

Postby cdsoundmaster » Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:56 pm

martinez wrote:Looks awesome!

I'd love to try it if I could download it without the server cutting it short.

Hi there,
If you have trouble with the download, please use with a browser like IE. Do not use a download accelerator, do not pause,and please disable pop-up blockers.
It is a short download - 2 MB so it is possible that it downloaded correct but was just very quick. If you are still having trouble please email me and I will make sure that you get it.
Sorry for any trouble.
cdsoundmaster
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby cdsoundmaster » Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:08 am

Thank you for the positive response.
The VTM-M2 is a unique process we've created from scratch completely from the ground up. It allows me to create something unique that has the benefits of its own processes in such a manner that is a compliment to what Nebula does best. This way, the two technologies used together make for a perfect unison.

What is happening under the hood with the VTM-M2 is not a single linear response, is not a randomizer, and is more complex than very expensive coded emulators known for being created based upon the schematics and computer code rebuild process that requires massive computer resources, thus using an processing chip on a dongle card.

This new process I've developed comes from the angle of leaving nothing out in the determination to recreate analog sound. If it were in a completely Nebula-based form, it would require many, many, many instances in order to do the same thing, but it still would not achieve the speed of response or subtle limiting effect. Having said that, you know I am a huge believer in Nebula and VVKT, and this means that I believe that what Nebula does right, there is no other technology that can do the quality of sampling, frequency, dynamics, and direct harmonic content. The result of R2R,TB+, and VTM-M2 together is the concept I've worked hard to achieve, thus any R2R machine can be matched to its perfect limiting/compressing/saturating element. The research done on the VTM-M2 began before R2R, and is used with every actual R2R physical hardware reel to reel, and other machines not in R2R were used for studies as well. Only the responses that include accurate sound data for all common traits are included in the full VTM-M2 process, and subtle aspects that I like the most about specific machines are included as well. This technology represents the ability to generate the desired sonic response of complex hardware changes like a poet would hope to use words to generate a pleasant thought. I hope that people will only enjoy using VTM-M2 more as they spend even more time with it.

Regarding Mac- My hope is that every platform can eventually use VTM-M2. We have to do this in stages. The process from the beginning to a stable, consistent 32 bit vst took a very long time. The process from 32 bit to x64 has been quick and appears successful but needs more testing. I don't know how much will be involved for Mac porting, but I know it is a goal to be able to include VTM-M2 anywhere there is a DAW waiting for its use! :-)

As far as any discount extended to Mac VST/AU R2R customers, yes absolutely, when and if we have a Mac release, we will be certain to extend the same benefit to them when that time comes.
cdsoundmaster
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby woeischris » Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:19 am

SO EXCITED! I just emailed you about that R2R customer discount!!!

Out of curiosity, what kind of system requirements does this have? I apologize if this has been asked and answered already. Whatever they are, I won't have any trouble running it, but... I'm sure some of the little people out there need to know before buying. ;-)
woeischris

Postby elam » Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:30 am

Boaaay.This plug in is serious!
And R2R + TB+ + VTM ... no words ... heaven for REAL tape users/lovers.

Michael 5 years of R&D ...you killed it!
Congratulations.
elam
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby rrrobo » Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:20 am

Congratulations Michael! This is really something. VTM along with the R2R and TapeBooster+ really is an amazing combination and sounds absolutely brilliant on a range of sources, especially high dynamic stuff like drums.

You can layer up several instances of either R2R, TB+ or VTM to get the desired effect (Michael's demos show this really well) and the signal never seems to degrade in a bad way like saturations plugins sometimes can. You can get that beautiful subtle enhancement when used sparingly or really smash the signal for more extreme results. It's pretty amazing how far you can push a signal. If you do an A/B between a heavily processed sample and the original it's hard to believe that it came from that if that makes sense. The integrity of transients is retained accurately with everything around it just coming to life. One of the best example uses I have found so far is when trying to get a big larger than life sound for drums I've been able to get that massive John Bonhamish thing or drums off Beastie Boys Sabotage and similar, really really nice. I've never been able to get that effect so satisfyingly in other ways. This is easier with R2R, TB and VTM together of course but is still doable more subtley/neutrally with VTM on it's own.

There are some workflow changes you'll have to make but my philosophy about this is to think relatively - it wasn't easy to get this sound in the 70s with all the maintenance and setup you had to do with tape, so to load some libraries, batch process offline where necessary etc, and to think you're getting a very high percentage to the sound of tape, doesn't sound like a bad compromise to me.

Anyway, I urge anyone to try the demo or at least listen to the audio examples as it really is next generation stuff (the multiple instance R2R/TB/VTM drums and subtle acoustic guitar/piano are good for checking the extremes) and... I can't wait for the Mac AU either!

Cheers
Mark
rrrobo
User Level V
User Level V

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries